Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230117.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #424
    Gem Damaskeene OC
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Damaskeene OC Razor and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Ron R, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I recently received some samples of captains choice products shave soap and aftershave. Today was my first chance to test them out. The Sandalwood soap smells fantastic and performed quite well. I probably could have loaded the brush a bit more but that's on me not the soap. The Venture aftershave is to my nose mild but very pleasant. It smells somewhat citrusy to me but I can't describe the scent past that. I would definitely buy some soaps and aftershave in the future and would also love to get one of there heavy weight copper shave bowls soon. The bowls look amazing.

IMG_20230117_230050_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 18th January
    GEM Micromatic Clog-pruf - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Monsavon au lait - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230118.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #424
    Gem Damaskeene OC
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Damaskeene OC Razor and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 18th January

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    P & B Citra Royale
    ATT SE1
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Would have been a super Shave if I had not managed to get Two weepers on the chin, as I was finishing off the Shave.

155EF852-6E4B-44B3-B0DD-850262863546.jpeg

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230119.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #424
    Gem Damaskeene OC
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Colgate Mug Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Damaskeene OC Razor and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Ron R, Electrif and 2 others like this.
  7. GAW9576

IMG_20230119_212727_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

Today's shave was nice and easy. The Gem Featherweight deluxe shaves close but comfortable with ease. Nobel Otter Logbook lathered luxuriously with the Zenith boar brush and Aqua Velva lotion was a fantastic finishing touch.

8. Electrif

Friday 20th January
    Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - OSP UKWSS Herb Garden - Zenith 507 - Lea Classic AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230120.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #424
    Gem Damaskeene OC
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Colgate Mug Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Damaskeene OC Razor and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, January, Friday 20th 2023.

Razor :
    Yaqi Excalibur with Yaqi Milano 316 SS polished handle - Mfg 2021>,tame mid range, simple clamping design, head made from Zamak + small head parts, excellent results 95%+ of time for stellar shaving IMO.
    Blade : Schick proline p30, AC 50mm blades, sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. Good pairing with razor.
    Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi " Ever helpful" 22mm 2band badger- excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, firm splay scrubber + great painter. This brush is designed for folks who enjoy the scrub but still has soft tips, short loft with HD knot makes it perfect as a scrubber.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline p 30 blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, MPF9, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.
  11. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

21st January 2023.

5.jpg

jimjo1031, MPF9, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #424
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

Morning shave in Charlotte, NC. The Colgate Mug Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    jimjo1031, MPF9, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, January 21 2023

Razor : TNNSER, 3D printed by T White- Mfg 2020> great mid range, light weight, ergonomic handle and a joy to use. Uses a Gem blade.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Yaqi Sandal wood- Not herbal sandalwood and has a sweet scent, below average lather qulities. Reasonable slickness but dissipates, not my favorite sandalwood. I guess I like the herbal Sandalwoods more and will stick to them.
    Brush : Yaqi "black marble" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Proraso red Sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my TNNSER with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

14. Electrif

Sunday 22nd January
    GEM Damaskeene - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230122.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #424
    Superior Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Colgate Mug Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Superior Lather Catcher and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Schick Sunday Shave, January 22nd 2022

Razor : Schick injector i2 with Hydro magic- mild to tame mid range, very well designed with the hydro magic used for a better rinse, built to last a few generations + a daily driver for some folks. Very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Irish country side, nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Moka express" 26mm 2band badger, excellent lather paint generator, big pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. If a person likes a wider handle + big knot this one works well IMO.
    Post shave : Razorock Irish Country side with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 with a coated Schick blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

17. GAW9576

I had an excellent shave today with the Gem G Bar aka Heavy Flat Top. Cella organic whipped up well with my Rubberset 400 with Zenith boar knot. Aqua Velva Lotion finished things off.

IMG_20230122_205954_(1000_x_999_pixel).jpg

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230123.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Band
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Techmatic and the Techmatic Band Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, January 23rd 2023

Razor : Ever-Ready 1924(AKA shovel head)- Mfg 1924-33, mid range, well built to last and has a different way of loading from rear. I receive excellent shaves with this razor & was a joy to use this Micromatic Monday morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to use.
    Soap : Razorock Irish Country side, nice scent with excellent lather qualities. A great brush makes a difference.
    Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm High mountain silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Slight prickliness at first when purchased new but it mellows out nicely(I enjoy this feeling) + excellent handle and a joy to use. It come from a different species of badger from my visual inspection of other badger brushes I own.
    Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Ever-Ready shovelhead 1924 razor with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick C3 Repeating Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Simpson BAC3 w/Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Love My Skin Barbershop 1920's Shave Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal After Shave Splash

Untitled.jpg

GAW9576, palmolive fox, Ron R and 2 others like this.