Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230208.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Semogue Owners Club
    SlimGem 3D Injector
    Personna SS Injector
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Semogue Owners Club boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the SlimGem 3D Injector Razor and the Personna SS Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 8th February

Cyril Salter. MS ED2band
    Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
    PAL Injectomatic
    NOS Schick Platinum - Holland ( 4 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion
    Needed a spruce up Shave for a Hospital visit, good Razor choice especially when fitted with a Dutch blade.

701FEA5A-5827-459B-982B-A08E4168DEBE.jpeg

3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Yesterday's shave was quite nice.

IMG_20230208_164620_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 9th February
    GEM / ER Push Button - GEM Stainless Coated #5 - Yaqi Red Marble - OSP Chypre Cream - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    sos230209.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Crema da Barba
    Semogue Owners Club
    SlimGem 3D Injector
    Personna SS Injector
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Cella Crema da Barba lathered well with the Semogue Owners Club boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the SlimGem 3D Injector Razor and the Personna SS Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230210.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Crema da Barba
    Semogue Owners Club
    SlimGem 3D Injector
    Personna SS Injector Blade
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Cella Crema da Barba lathered well with the Semogue Owners Club boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the SlimGem 3D Injector Razor and the Personna SS Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 10th February

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    RR Hawk V3- A plate
    Kai CT mild pink ( 3 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion
    After a very thorough pre wash with a glycerine soap, I had a most relaxed hassle free Shave with a superb finish.

42DD3A27-B2DF-4170-A90C-6ABB6402827F.jpeg

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, February 10 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm AC Razor + Yaqi Milano handle - Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, simple clamping blade system, nice chrome finish, small head parts to assemble. Very enjoyable shave this morning with this razor with a new Schick proline blade, Good pairing!
    Blade : Schick proline p30 50mm- sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Emperor, mid level scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Cola" 22 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline p30 50mm blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

9. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

11th February 2023.

5.jpg

10. Electrif

Saturday 11th February
    GEM Junior - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - Alpha T400 - OSP Sicilian Lemon Grove Cream - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel

[​IMG]

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230211.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Crema da Barba
    Semogue Owners Club
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Cella Crema da Barba lathered well with the Semogue Owners Club boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Saturday, February 11th 2023

Razor : Gem 1912(1921 model) [​IMG]- Mfg 1912-40"s?, excellent mid range with a new blade, Gem & ASR brand names sold millions of 1912 concept models over the decades because they where just perfect to some folks. Very enjoyable shave this morning, had to use a Rigs shim because of the spring tension indicator was showing it was designed for the older thicker splines of its time (1921).
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable & safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities, nice change up in winter months.
    Brush : Yaqi "Goblin" 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice handle to grip + how they Yaqi can make handle so interesting at times must of caught my eyes.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Italian barber (Razorock) Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 old blemish weeper=[​IMG] Excellent shave my 1912 model closed comb with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230212.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Crema da Barba
    Semogue Owners Club
    1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Cella Crema da Barba lathered well with the Semogue Owners Club boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

A little late posting but here are my last two shave setups.

IMG_20230212_090827_(900_x_900_pixel).jpg IMG_20230212_090704_(1000_x_999_pixel).jpg

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, February 12th 2023.

Razor : Schick adjustable injector Model 3(M3)- Mfg 1954-57, all range aggression, well designed and well built even from a lot of plastic IMO. The nice thing with this adjustable it has fine settings for skin conditions as they change from the 4 seasons where I live + as my beard ages it also seems a little tougher possibly.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector(3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable IMO.
    Soap : Razorock Don Marco, citrus scent of about 5/10 with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm Silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent painter.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(3.5) + ATG(3.5) + pickups(5 setting).
    Post shave : Italian barber Amici splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3 with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

16. Electrif

Monday 13th February
    EndGem Speed ••• 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Zenith 506 - OSP Tallow Cream Trial - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel

[​IMG]
    Found James Riley's trial cream sitting in the back of the draw. Unfortunately his development paused, temporarily I hope. The initial scent he used was very similar to his 'Dark Matter' soap.

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230213.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #397 2-band Badger
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Proraso Green Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #397 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Cobra Classic and a Feather Professional Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MicroMaticMonday, February 13th 2023

Razor
    : Gem Damaskeene 1912 open comb, OC version 1912-15, excellent tame mid range with a new blade, well designed and built to last many generations. Star & Gem where leaders of safety razors( sort of like cell phone craze today) in the early 1900 rds. Lots of folks where changing from straight razors to safety razors and these company's where a head of the pack of Manufactures for that time period(Gillette did not even excess yet). Star brand was the first major Safety razor Mfg in the USA & world making lather catcher razors, the first safety razor introduced.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Proraso Red(Sandalwood) nice scent of sandalwood and other unknown ingredients with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "(Ferrari) 24mm boar bristle(bleached), Excellent lather generator, cloud like split end bristle hairs, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. This brush when bought new was noted for hair loss and breakage(discounted price) but turned out to be the best boar I have used so far when hair loss stopped for face feel out of my 5 different boar brushes.
    Post shave : Proraso red with witch hazel + a dollop of Geo F Trumper Sandal wood face food balm.
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD Feburary 13 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230214.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #397 2-band Badger
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #397 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Cobra Classic and a Feather Professional Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

20. Electrif

Wednesday 15th February
    TNNSER 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Bay Rum - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel

[​IMG]