Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 23rd February
    InjecTR v1 3D - Schick Proline B #5 - Yaqi Robin - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel

[​IMG]

GAW9576, Ron R, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230223.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger
    Baton handle Treet SE Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Musgo Real Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Baton handle Treet SE Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230224.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shaving Soap
    Baton handle Treet SE Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Musgo Real Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Baton handle Treet SE Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, MPF9, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

25th February 2023.

1.jpg

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 24th February

Cyril Salter.MS ED2band
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Schick N3
    Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 12 )
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion
    My last two Shaves have been with a Razor using Twin blades, but they were rare ones using a Schick Super 11 Cart. Today I used the quite elegant N3 with a Japanese Twin blade, and 3 days growth despatched with ease leaving me extremely clean shaved.
    Glad I got some of these blades before the price escalated.

F1ACB403-37E6-4626-83CB-C7EBE93856D9.jpeg

GAW9576, palmolive fox, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  6. Electrif

Saturday 25th February
    InjecTR v1 3D - Schick Plus Platinum #3 - Yaqi Moka Express - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, palmolive fox, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230226.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shaving Soap
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Musgo Real Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, MPF9, palmolive fox and 5 others like this.
  8. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    RAZOR: Rocnel SE50 Artiist Club 2022
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 26mm G5C Synthetic
    LATHER: Lodrino La Riviera Shaving Soap

jimjo1031, GAW9576, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  9. Electrif

Tuesday 27th February
    1912 Patent Anniversary
    Ever Ready 1912 [​IMG] - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Yaqi Ever Helpful - Old Spice Original - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    Happy Patent Anniversary to the 1912!

jimjo1031, GAW9576, SlimGem and 4 others like this.
  10. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Monday 02.27.23
    RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium Single Edge AC Razor
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm G5C Synthetic
    LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Albion Shaving Soap

jimjo1031, GAW9576, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230227.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Ingram Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #436 2-band Badger
    Burham Safety Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub

The Ingram Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #436 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Burham Safety Razor and a Star Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, GAW9576, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday + Daily double, February 27th 2023. Testing 4th shave of 4 consecutive daily shaves with the Yaqi SLOPE slant razor head.

Razor: (L) Gem Micromatic Flying wing(AKA=MMFW, MMBT, guiding eye....)-Mfg 1947-50, Tame mid range, a well built & designed razor and the heaviest of the 3 Micromatic variants. Very easy going shave this morning with excellent results.(have used this razor a lot over the years and thought it was a good choice for comparing similarities to my new Yaqi slant for shaving results).
    Razor: (R) Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant head (NEW Head design)with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle-Mfg Jan 2023>, mild to tame mid range with excellent efficentcy, well designed and accurate CNC QC with adequate finish for most of my personal shaving needs. It is a compact slant compared to other slants in the market. I decided to use different blades while testing and the Perma-sharp was next of 3 blades to be tested. The shave was stellar with a new blade and mostly carefree shaving experience this morning.
    As for the Chippendale handle I'm adjusting to using it(different hand feel ) and really enjoy using it ATG pass( very comfortable) in the hand IMO. Very attractive handle and hard to Manufacture IMO.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Blade : Gillette Perm-sharp (1) sharp & smooth with great longevity, DE top tier blade for balanced performance shaving needs.
    Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities, makes excellent ubber lather with other soaps.
    Brush : Yaqi "black marble" 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : (L)- CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] had a excellent shave with my MMBT with a Gem coated blade on (7) uses.
    Results : (R)- CCS,DFS.BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]had a excellent shave with my Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant head with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle with a Gillette Perma sharp blade (1) use. The Yaqi SLOPE slant slightly out performed the MMFW maybe because of the # of uses (7) on the GEM blade possibly. Both excellent blades. I like to do a feel test after 2 passes with no pickups yet to compare efficentcy of the two razors when comparing. The MMFW had a little more stubble feel under the chin area but the rest was similar on cheeks.
    6SOTD Feburary 27 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GAW9576, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 27th February

Stirling Syn 26mm
    Cyril Salter Solid soap
    Schick type “O” Clone
    Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 14 )
    Lea A/S Balsam balm

Shaves with this combo going very well with this Razor/Blade combo, still getting excellent Shaves with it despite the blade being on its 14th outing.

BB906697-E04B-47AF-89A9-3E82CBBCF469.jpeg

jimjo1031, Ron R, SlimGem and 4 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230228.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Burham Safety Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #436 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Burham Safety Razor and a Star Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. Electrif

Wednesday 1st March
    GEM Travel Raptor 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Virginia Sheng Purtech - OSP Lemon Peppermint & Menthol - Electrif's LeMenthol AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230301.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Burham Safety Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Clubman After Shave

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #436 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Burham Safety Razor and a Star Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Pinaud Clubman After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 1st March

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Lea Classic soap
    Occams Oren 3dot plate
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 3 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Just a quick clean up Shave today asI did not want to get too close, as my skin is rather dry due to effects of central heating.
    F25F4341-B59E-4A80-B714-AC3B93816B60.jpeg

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230302.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Burham Safety Razor
    Feather FHS Blade
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Clubman After Shave

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #436 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Burham Safety Razor and a Feather FHS Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Pinaud Clubman After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 2nd March

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    OSP Bay Rum
    Yaqi Raster V1
    Schick Proline ( 3 )
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion
    Not going for a close finish as my skin is very dry and easily irritated, will be glad when we no longer use the central heating.

2D42B944-76FB-48C3-B134-CB3E71DC08F8.jpeg

20. Electrif

Friday 3rd March
    GEM Junior Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Zenith 507 - Burma Shave Mug - Williams Aqua Velva - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]