Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 13th March
    Claymore Evolution - Schick Proline P #6 - Zenith 506 - Tabac - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    After Saturday's shave I'd really given up trying to like the Proshave blade. The blade was its second use and both times it had been too rough on the first pass. Back to the trusty Proline.

palmolive fox, MPF9, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

First shave with the TARMAX SE. I think the 7th use blade let it down. I will try a fresh blade next shave. It wasn't a bad shave by any means but it wasn't as smooth as I expected after using the TARMAX DE.

IMG_20230313_085556_(900_x_900_pixel).jpg

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230313.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger
    Ever-Ready Army Kit
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub

The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Army Kit and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, March 13th,2023.

Razor : Gem MicroMatic OC, Mfg 1930-41, mid to upper mid range depending on blade # of uses + personal technique, well built and excellent design for securing the blade and will last many more generations IMO with some care. Excellent shave today!
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla & light tobacco scent added + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush :Yaqi "Panda" 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. I got this on sale 2 years ago and like to use it once in a while because of the detail.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Santa Mari del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave this morning with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

5. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Monday Afternoon Shave 03.13.23
    RAZOR: Boti Anodized Titanium AC Razor / Color : Meteorite
    BLADE: Kai Captain Mild PINK
    BRUSH: Butterscotch Ebonite 23mm SHD 2 Band Badger
    LATHER: Lodrino La Riviera Shaving Soap

GoodShave, ewk, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 14th March

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
    Cyril Salter Solid soap
    ES Claymore V1
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 8 )
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

This is most likely to be the one of the few AC/SE Razors produced in UK. Despite its weight I manage to get a decent Shave with it.

9103BEB0-441F-4FDC-A861-2CD3361F8C96.jpeg

Ron R, palmolive fox, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230314.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Ever-Ready Army Kit
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Army Kit and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Ron R, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 2 others like this.
  8. Electrif

Wednesday 15th March
    Schick E-Type 3D - Schick Proline B #1 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Bay Rum - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Plus for your entertainment, another E-Type
    [​IMG]

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230315.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Ever-Ready Army Kit
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Lilac Vegetal

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Army Kit and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Lilac Vegetal. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 15th March

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    La Toja - grated stick
    ATT SE1
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
    La Toja A/S Lotion

I do like La Toja so have grated some down, as I prefer to bowl lather. Initially got the brush too wet and had to wring it out to det a good Lather. I rather enjoyed shaving only a days growth and was pleased at the way the Razor/ Blade combined as I have not paired them much. All in all a nice Shave and quality finish.

9B2212BD-1893-4770-8BDB-CAD909485665.jpeg

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230316.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Art*Razor Old Chap Art Shaving Soap
    Ever-Ready Army Kit
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Lilac Vegetal

The Art*Razor Old Chap Art Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Army Kit and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Lilac Vegetal. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Thursday, March 16th 2923

Razor : Ever-Ready Streamline 2nd generation, Mfg1949-53,mid to upper mid aggressive, well built to last generations, light touch with good technique delivers some nice shaves. Had a excellent shave this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Tripled milled also.
    Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm silvertip(3band), excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Nivea refreshing AS + a dollop of Nivea sensitive Balm with a drop of Hyaluronic acid.
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Ever-Ready streamline with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

13. Electrif

Friday 17th March
    Canadian Schick E3 - Canadian Schick SS #8 - Jayaruh 289 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

ewk, GAW9576, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230317.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Art*Razor Old Chap Art Shaving Soap
    Ever-Ready Army Kit
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Lilac Vegetal

The Art*Razor Old Chap Art Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Army Kit and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Lilac Vegetal. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

18th March 2023.

1.jpg

GAW9576, Jayaruh, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  16. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Saturday 03.18.23
    RAZOR: Boti Anodized Titanium AC Razor / Color : Meteorite
    BRUSH: Oumo 03 Venus Kaleidoscope 26mmSHD Badger
    LATHER: OSP Dark Matter Shaving Soap

ewk, GAW9576, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Saturday, March 18th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC style + a Yaqi Milano polished 316 SS handle, Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, simple clamping design, affordable, small head parts so I like to work assemble over a washcloth, very enjoyable close shave this morning.
    Blade : Schick proline p 30(5) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. This blade works well with my Yaqi Excalibur .
    Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild mint & lavender with excellent lather qualities. Very enjoyable masculine lather to smell IMO.
    Brush : Yaqi "Robin"24mm boar brush, Excellent lather generator, split end soft bristles, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE AC style razor with a Schick proline p30 blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

18. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Sunday 03.19.23
    RAZOR: Stando Single Edge “Rod”
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Rubberset 200-4 26mm Boar
    LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap

19. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Saturday Afternoon Shave 03.18.23
    RAZOR: Boti Anodised Titanium AC Rzor: Meteorite
    BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm G5C Synthetic
    LATHER: Lodrino La Riviera Shaving Soap

ewk, GAW9576, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
  20. Electrif

Sunday 19th March
    Ever Ready 1914 - GEM Stainless Coated #5 - Yaqi Ever Helpful - OSP Sandalwood - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]