Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230404.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar
    GEM Damaskeene
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWS
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM Damaskeene and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

2. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230405.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar
    GEM Damaskeene
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWS
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM Damaskeene and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Those both look fantastic. What did you do for the open ends on the bottom?

4. GAW9576

Yesterday's shave was absolutely fantastic. I have wanted a Bunny razor by Tom White for several years. Well I finally got one. This is the V2.2 of which there were only 2 made. I am so blown away by this razor. The design is spectacular and the shave quality is wonderful. I loaded a Schick Proline B20 and went to shaving. The shave angel is exceptionally easy to find. Although it looks almost like that would be 90 degrees from handle to skin it isn't. The spring bronze portion that holds the blade actually angles back after rounding over the top of the razor and sets the shave angle perfectly. I also love the Baton style handle on this version which is also removable. The previous version had a more slender tapered and fixed handle. I got to borrow the previous version for a few weeks. And although it is a very elegant and beautiful design and still very comfortable to use this handle suits me better. In the second picture you can see the interchangeable combs for MILD, NOTSO, and WILD. I went with the NOTSO comb for a medium aggressive setting. So smooth. I am over the moon to have this extraordinary razor in my collection.

IMG_20230405_090321_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg
    IMG_20230405_090345_(1000_x_999_pixel).jpg

palmolive fox, MPF9, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

First I cut down part of the barrel. The top, L pic, I put a quarter under the lens, which I call my GW brush. The barrel end I left alone with the switch still there.........[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

6. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thursday 04.06.23
    RAZOR: Rocnel SE50 Artist Club Razor 2022
    BLADE: Kai Captain Mild PINK
    BRUSH: Spiffo! "Castillo" African Blackwood 24mm HMW SHD
    LATHER: Fine Snake Bite triple milled soap in handmade bamboo case

palmolive fox, MPF9, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  7. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 6th April
    GEM Micromatic Open Comb - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Zenith 507 - OSP Orange & Patchouli - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

8. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Thursday 04.06.23
    RAZOR: Rocnel SE50 Artist Club Razor 2022
    BRUSH: Spiffo! "Castillo" African Blackwood 24mm HMW SHD
    LATHER: Fine Snake Bite triple milled soap in handmade bamboo case

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230406.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar
    GEM Damaskeene
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM Damaskeene and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Vintage April, 2023 + SE SOTD, Thursday, April 6th 2023

Razor : Valet Auto strop, C1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, mid range, I did some modifications to the gap from .011 to .007 of a inch, lot smoother shave know than before. With a modified modern Gem SS PTFE blade this razor has lots of life left in it. Had a great shave with this 100 yr old razor.
    Blade : Modified Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla scent with some light tobacco scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm Silver tip (3 band) badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, very nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : [​IMG] or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Valet Auto strop with a modified Gem coated blade.
    SOTD April 6 2023 .jpg
    Have some great shaves!

palmolive fox, MPF9, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  11. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Thursday Afternoon Shave 04.06.23
    RAZOR: Boti Anodised Titanium AC Razor: Meteor
    BRUSH: AP Shave Co Lemon Drop 26mm Gel SHD Euro Bulb
    LATHER: Lodrino La Riviera Shaving Soap

palmolive fox, Ron R, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  12. GAW9576

Looks great. I like the quarter idea. The switch is cool to. Especially if it's got a nice click to it still.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230407.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar
    GEM Damaskeene
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWS
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM Damaskeene and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, palmolive fox, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick E3 (modified) Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Frank Shaving Boar Brush
    Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Stirling Peach After Shave

Untitled.jpg

GAW9576, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  15. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Friday Afternoon Shave 04.07.23
    RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium Single Edge AC Razor
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: AP Shave Co. AP400 Slim 22mm MiG Synth
    LATHER: Declaration Grooming Massacre Of The Innocents Shave Soap
    POST: Declaration Grooming Massacre Of The Innocents Aftershave

GAW9576, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  16. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Hello all. I don't have any nice pics, but my most recent shave was with a Schick Injector E3 I think it is, Barbasol, and Aqua Velva.

17. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Saturday 04.08.23
    RAZOR: Boti Anodised Titanium AC Razor: Meteorite
    BRUSH: RazorRock (Zenith) 26x64 Cherry Wood Boar
    LATHER: Haslinger Honig Shaving Soap

18. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 8th April
    Ever Ready Streamline - GEM Stainless Coated #9 - Alpha Outlaw - Vitos Red Super - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Vintage April, 2023 + SE SOTD, Saturday, April 8th 2023

Razor : Ever- Ready 1924 (AKA- Shovel head)- Mfg 1924- 33, mid range, Interesting design that makes a person install the blade from the rear, I used a RIGS shim to smooth out the shave a little, blade splines where thicker in this time era. The shim is placed under the modern blade spline to give it the tilt it was designed for IMO. Very enjoyable close shave this morning with no issues at all. This razor was designed to last with a little care and works excellent.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : La Toja stick, mild scent, with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm Silver tip(3 band) badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury pillow like soft tips, very nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : [​IMG] or CS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Ever- Ready 1924 SE with a Gem coated blade.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 8th April

Omega 11126 boar
    Monsavon au lait
    ER 1914
    Gem S/S ( 5 )
    Lea A/S Balsam balm

Am always surprised at how well the 1914 , despite its short handle performs so well during a Shave.Still taking it easy on closeness of finish as trying to avoid further rashes.

38D189B8-6290-4254-9EA5-B1350573025B.jpeg