Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, May 19th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm AC with a Milano 316 polished handle-Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range- simple clamping system, small head parts. Very affordable and it delivers consistent results 95%> of time for myself. Daily driver for some folks.
    Blade : Schick proline p30- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Good combination with the Yaqi Excalibur razor IMO.
    Soap : TOBS sandal wood cream, nice herbal sandal wood scent 6-7/10 + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Sagrada Familia" 24mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Brush was named after the famous Cathedral in Barcelona Spain that I visited years ago.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood + a dollop of Geo F Trumper Sandalwood skin food.
    Results : [​IMG] or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur razor with a Schick proline 50mm coated blade. Very enjoyable shave this morning even with a lot of wildfire smoke every where in our Province of Alberta Canada, terrible year for fires & we need some rain ASAP!
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

brit, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  2. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

20th May 2023.

9.jpg

brit, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 20th May
    E-Type Schick 3D - Schick Proline B #2 - OSP Bay Rum - Alpha Outlaw - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

4. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Saturday Afternoon Shave 05.20.23
    RAZOR: Above The Tie Calypso X1 SE Slant
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Above The Tie Silvertip Badger
    LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 19th May

RR 400/ SE Plissoft noir
    Vitos Super Red
    Schick I1
    NOS Schick Platinum- Sweden ( 4 )
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

A very pleasant Shave, ready to go out and spend Money!! - my wife needs new glasses.

E248BE4E-369D-4AD5-9950-A790074C0CFE.jpeg

Sat 20th May

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    L’Occitane Cade soap
    PAL Injectomatic
    NOS Schick S/S - Holland ( 5 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Another long day out officiating today, so well set up as had the luxury of using a PAL Injectomatic with an NOS Dutch blade. Never had a bad Shave with one of these quite legendary blades.Glad I got some before EBay stopped shipping blades through their system.

D73833A0-F929-4BE3-8A2C-B0FC4409A710.jpeg

6. Stefano73

Stefano73 Well-Known Member

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230521.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shave Soap
    Heldtite Synthetic
    1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    PSC Caffeinated AS

The Musgo Real Shave Soap lathered well with the Heldtite Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with PSC Caffeinated AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, May 21, 2023

Razor : Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72, any range, well built to last generations with a little care, one of the most enjoyable Schick injectors I own. Had a close enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (6) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap : Speick stick, nice spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 26mm, 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(3) + ATG(3) + pickups(4 setting).
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : [​IMG] or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable razor with a Personna injector coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

9. Electrif

Monday 22nd May
    Yaqi AC - Schick Proline P #2 - De Vergulde Hand - Yaqi Robin - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230522.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #217 Silvertip Badger
    Schick M-2 Adjustable
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #217 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M-2 Adjustable Razor and a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

11. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Beautiful handle on the razor and the brush!

12. Electrif

Thanks.
    I believe it's shear luck obtaining such pretty handles. I was indeed very lucky.
    I have seen some very attractive Schick handles, of which I was extremely envious.

13. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

IMG_20230522_162227_(940_x_940_pixel).jpg

The Bunny V2.2 handled a rushed Shave with 5 days growth exceptionally well yesterday. I used some of the @hendrixclassics Gunslinger sample. What a great scent and it lathered quite well even I a rush.

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, May 22nd 2023

Razor : Gem G bar- Mfg 1955-58, nice mild to tame mid range, well built with a excellent coating of chrome. The handle is unique with a angle base heel. First Gem razor I owned and works excellent for a close shave with no issues this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PPTFE(3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore, nice Vanilla and green tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities
    Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm timber wolf knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent painter.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem G Bar with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD May 22 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

palmolive fox, GAW9576, brit and 5 others like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 22nd May

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Lea Classic soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Pro ( 2 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion
    Though not one of my favourite blades The FP is. Great inThe Evo,and the Shave was a pleasure.

0C8E0DEE-72B2-4760-A036-1A8B8EBBFA57.jpeg

GAW9576, brit, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230523.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #217 Silvertip Badger
    Schick M-2 Adjustable (7)
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Tabac After Shave

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #217 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M-2 Adjustable Razor on 7 and a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

palmolive fox, MPF9, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  17. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Tuesday Afternoon Shave 05.23.23
    RAZOR: Boti Anodised Titanium AC Razor: Meteor
    BLADE: Kai Captain Mild PINK
    BRUSH: Oumo 01 Venus 26mm SHD Badger Fire Color
    LATHER: Yardley London Shaving Soap (vintage)

palmolive fox, MPF9, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

mid week shave
    schick type I nickel/short handle?
    schick
    razo-rock
    signature

[​IMG]

19. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

IMG_20230523_225712_(940_x_940_pixel).jpg

It's nice to know that like the other days shave I can achieve a really good shave with the Bunny even in a rush. However it's even better when like today I can take my time and enjoy it and get an excellent shave.

20. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

Last night.
    Razor: New to me - Darwin SE safety razor.
    Brush: Re knotted Rubber set handle.
    Soap: Vitos Red.

[​IMG]

This vintage razor set is amazing quality. I don't know if there is any connection to the double edge Darwin.
    The case has a spare blade, double sided strop and an ingenious stropping mechanism.
    I was initially concerned the blades could be rusty. [The listing images were 50/50] but on arrival and introduction to my hones the edge is wonderful.
    Despite the word "safety" on the container it is a straight razor on a stick.