Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger
    GEM Damaskeene OC
    Treet
    CWR
    Cella ASB

Well, I took a day off after Wednesday's blood fest. So, I will finish the week with my GEM Damaskeene OC razor.

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM Damaskeene OC with a Treet Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

clint64, MPF9, Tedolph and 9 others like this.
  2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Stirling SEptember!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clint64, MPF9, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 17th SEptember
    Cadman Custom - OSP No8 v1Test Soap - Pal Injectomatic - Schick Proline B #6 - OSP No8 v1Test A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

clint64, Dave in KY, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, SEptember 17th, 2021

Razor: Yaqi 50mm AC,V1 Excalibur- Mfg 2021> great tame mid range, great results, mostly carefree shaving and enjoyable.
    Blade: China Blue blade 50mm(3), I received these blades with my Shavette, Sharp & smooth but longevity iffy IMO(testing).
    Soap: Williams Mug soap- great soap if you apply the lather pastier or thicker and add very little water, to much water you will find it not that good a lather. Once you know what to look for it is a great soap. Nice lemony scent with good slickness protection.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot, with black marble acrylic handle, excellent lather generator, nice scrubber, cloud like soft tips + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: (Cashmere 24mm syn, 720+ shaves)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on clean beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm.(Great stuff, scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi V1 Excalibur razor with a blue blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 18th September

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    MWF
    Occams Enoch
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 7 ]
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

A very safe Shave this morning, with a Kai guarded blade would be very difficult for a mishap to occur.
    Always guaranteed a safe Shave with an acceptable going out for the day finish.

IMG_1664.jpg

clint64, Ron R, jimjo1031 and 8 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    GEM Damaskeene OC
    Treet CS
    CWR
    Cella ASB

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM Damaskeene OC with a Treet CS Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Aztecmike, clint64, Ron R and 9 others like this.
  7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Stirling SEptember!

[​IMG]

Aztecmike, clint64, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  8. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

That is a very cool looking brush. It looks like a Briarwood pipe.

clint64 and jluc like this.
  9. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a very enjoyable shave today with the Kampfe Brothers Star razor and a fresh Gem SS PTFE blade. I'm also really enjoying the scent and lather quality of The Novelist from The Club by Ariana & Evans.

IMG_18092021_113635_(1680_x_1260_pixel)-01.jpeg

Aztecmike, clint64, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks.
    I got it off Etsy from RivaBrushesItaly. He does beautiful work.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

clint64 and GAW9576 like this.
  11. KenBB

KenBB Member

I LOVE the look of those Olympic schick, one of the better designs, I didn't get the stick one with the gear stick/shifter knob on the end and that one with the tennis racket handle is a no no for me.

12. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sunday SEptember 19, 2021
    Razor: Star Super Six
    Blade: Gem SS
    Brush: Star Bone Handle 17mm Boar
    Soap: Ethos Vanilla Safi
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Ethos Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
    Fragrance: Ethos Dragonsbeard EDP
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,047

Again using the amazing Vanilla Safi sample generously gifted to me. The Dragonsbeard Splash and EDP are a perfect pairing for it. Amazed at how well the 2nd use little 17mm boar whipped up a creamy slick lather even though I over did the water. Have a great day everyone !

IMG_20210918_203205140_HDR.jpg IMG_20210918_202851013_HDR.jpg

Aztecmike, GAW9576, brit and 10 others like this.
  13. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 19th SEptember
    Anbbas Tux - Monsavon - Stoll Jr. 3D Lather Catcher - Gem Stainless Coated #1 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, GAW9576, brit and 9 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Stirling SEptember!

[​IMG]

15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Valet Auto-Strop VB1 Razor
    Gem Stainless (modified) Blade
    Mondial Boar Brush
    Dirty Deeds Bay Rum & Lime Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Old Spice Fresh Lime After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Aztecmike, GAW9576, brit and 8 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    J.A. Henckels Rapide
    Henckels Wedge
    CWR
    Cella ASB

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Henckels Rapide Lather Catcher with a Henckels Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Aztecmike, GAW9576, brit and 7 others like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, Sept 19th 2021

Razor: Schick Golden 500 injector+ hydro magic- Mfg 1957-64, excellent razor, tame mid range, light touch needed, Razor length 5 3/8" seems a little long but was meant for uni-sex shaving is my best guess.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood, nice scent with excellent lather qualities, good price for the amount.
    Brush: Yaqi New Viper 24mm boar [​IMG] , Excellent lather generator, soft split end hair tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm( great stuff + has HA already mixed in)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick golden 500 with Hydro magic + a Personna coated blade.
    SOTD,  Sep 19th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

18. KenBB

KenBB Member

Good review about your shave are the personna blades the best for the injector in your opinion?

GAW9576, clint64 and Ron R like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hello Ken, they are good blade and come in a magazine of 20. They are very sharp and you need a light touch and they perform ok. I buy my blades from Connaught shaving UK and have them mailed to Canada because where I live there are no stores that carry injectors. I'm happy with them, it you buy a used Schick injector make sure to use a new blade so you have a good idea what sharp is. I made the mistake of trying to use some old blades that were decades old and lost their edge and almost turned me off of injectors.
    Another good blade are the Schick blades sold usually on amazon in packs of 7 in yellow packaging and they are also sharp & smooth with good longevity.
    https://connaughtshaving.com/injectorblades.html

GAW9576 and clint64 like this.
  20. KenBB

KenBB Member

Thanks Great info much appreciated.

GAW9576 and clint64 like this.