Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Eagle Improved with a modified Gem blade this morning.

IMG_30062021_130259_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

SlimGem, PanChango, Ron R and 10 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 1st July

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    Vitos Super Red
    Occams Oren -3dot
    Schick Proline [ 5 ]
    Alcolado Glacial A/S Splash.

Still using the Oren after a poor Shave on Saturday [ totally down to me]. Since then I have been missing my daily shave routine, and used the Oren on Two days growth. Am very pleased to say that not only have the Shaves been trouble free, but the finished Shave quality has been excelent. Today was a very pleasant experience, thanks a lot to the Vitos which is a great soap to shave with. I am sure if that there were not so many artisan soaps around, the Vitos would be an essential choice for many as it so good.

IMG_1550.jpg

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick E3 (WW II Navy) Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Frank Shaving Badger Brush
    Barrister & Mann Latha Sandalwood Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Stetson After Shave

Untitled.jpg

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger
    AutoStrop A2 Safety Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger AS

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Silver Tip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Safety Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 2nd July
    Anbbas Tux - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Stoll Jr. 3D Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Boots Freshwood A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Arthur,
    That is the Biz of the 3D versions so far, hope it shaves as well as it looks. Am afraid that currently I am stuck in an AC/SE World and my oldies very neglected.
    Mike

SlimGem, Electrif, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 2nd July

Cyril Salter / MS. ED2band
    Lea Classic soap
    Occams Oren- 3dot
    Schick Proline [ 6 ]
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Am continuing with The Oren today, and then packing it up for a weekend away. Another good Shave without fuss.

IMG_1551.jpg

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger AS

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Silver Tip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Safety Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

9. Electrif

Cheers Mike,
    The design was certainly well thought out by Roger Quintero. The shaving angle is very like the 1914. However it is milder, and will certainly not be as long lasting.

SlimGem, GAW9576 and MPF9 like this.
  10. GAW9576

I had a fantastic shave this morning with the Treet razor and a 3rd use Gem SS PTFE blade. I love the scent of the Novelist on its own. However today I mixed it with some dragons blood soap resulting in a very interesting scent.

IMG_02072021_160324_(950_x_950_pixel).jpg

SlimGem, Jayaruh, PanChango and 7 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri, July2nd 2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm- Mfg 2021, good entry level 50mm blade type razor IMO, Very enjoyable shave this morning. Tried the Protouch blade for the first time in this razor and was pleasantly surprized how well it performed. (Very smooth)
    Blade: Kai Protouch (3) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity, if you are using blood thinners this blade might be of consideration. I receive excellent shaves with this guarded blade and you can shave faster if in a rush to get out the door IMO.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- nice scent + excellent lather qualities & glade I bought this soft soap.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2 band badger- excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter, not a lather hog, barber pole handle is ergonomic and is a pleasure to use for those few pleasurable moments of wet shaving.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The dead Sea Aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 50 mm + a Kai protouch.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, PanChango, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger AS

SlimGem, brit, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  13. Electrif

Sunday 4th July
    Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Raptor 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Blue Stratos A/S - Wickham Classic 24 ASB
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    Superior Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger AS

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Silver Tip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Superior Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, July 4th 2021, Happy Independence Day. Well I have tinkered with the Kai Protouch with my Schick M3 adjustable a few months ago with a spent Protouch(8 shaves) and it was a good shave even then. Well Yesterday had my first shave with a AC 50mm Kai Protouch(3) in my Yaqi 50mm Excalibur razor a couple of days ago(Friday) and was very impressed so I altered that blade for my Canadian variant G1 Hybrid(make sure to stone any burrs from cutting blade). Well the results were very impressive with a much sharper blade then with the previous experiment. I even applied a little pressure that is a no no usually, but with my experience level good with my Schick injectors I knew there was hardly a chance of a nick with the way it felt + was performing well. Thought I would share this little experiment that worked so well, one of my smoothest BBs shaves with my Schick Canadian G1 variant. Another blade alternative for some Schick[​IMG] injector owner's who like to tinker a little?

Razor:
    Schick Canadian variant G1 Hybrid- Mfg 1940's-50s NDCodes, excellent light weight mid range, very enjoyable razor.

Blade: Kai Protouch altered (4) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Favorite blade in the 50mm so far.

Soap: Tabac, nice mild flowery clean scent + excellent lather qualities.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot with black marble handle [​IMG], excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.

Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.

Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.

Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.

Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick injector G1 Canadian variant with a altered Kai Protouch blade.
    Schick collage with a altered Kai Protouch.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

16. brit

brit in a box

awesome Ron..:cool:

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary & have a great day.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  18. GAW9576

Today I did a shave comparison between my Schick E my mystery/hybrid Schick E/G and my Schick G. The mystery razor seemed to be more efficient/aggressive than the Type E. Not sure what the mystery razor really is but I like it.
    In the first picture the order is E on the left mystery in the middle and G on the left.
    In the third picture you can see the Type E spring and larger Type E rivet.

IMG_04072021_151120_(1400_x_1398_pixel).jpg IMG_04072021_151046_(1199_x_1200_pixel).jpg IMG_04072021_151147_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    SlimGem, CarlfromMO, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 5th July

Stirling Syn.26mm
    MWF
    Occams Oren-3dot
    Feather Progurad [ 2 ]
    Arko Cream -Yagli

My upper lip was rathe sore and crusty on Sat, so when away used a guarded blade to minimise irritation. Now back home so chose to use MWF which is always kind to my Skin.

After the Shave, I remembered that I had some Arko -Yagli cream which I used in the past to help wipers/cuts heal and reduce irritation. I applied some and its oily richness dries out leaving the skin feeling refreshed.

IMG_1552.jpg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #340 Two-band Badger
    Gillette Fatboy
    Personna Super (62)
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Proraso Green Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #340 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Fatboy Razor with a Personna Super (62) Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...