Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20211018_180142.jpg

October 18th, 2021

Improved Stoll Razor
    GEM ptfe blade (1)
    Tabac shave stick
    TOBS Super Badger
    AVON Spicey A/S Lotion

Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, OCtober 19th, 2021
    [​IMG] Henry Gaisman who controlled Valet Auto-strop also controlled Gillette Mfg in the 1930's over a patent dispute, also a person who invented and had 100's of patents on his creations.

Razor: Valet auto-strop, C1 mode, Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, modified blade gab from 11/1000 to 7/1000 of a inch to smooth the shave with the Gem Personna SS PTFE, great shaves, interesting and well built for its day, blade keepers are the weakest point of the whole razor. 100's of thousands of these razors where sold world wide.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood-nice bayrum scent with a some clove + good lather qualities. I load from bowl and apply drier and add a little water as needed seems to work.
    Brush: Yaqi 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, excellent scrubber + good lather painter. It is designed more for a good scrubber this model IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel, Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm.(scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Valet auto-strop with a coated gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Dave in KY, Tedolph, brit and 9 others like this.
  3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 19th October
    Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Lavender - Canadian Schick E3 - NOS Canadian Schick Super Stainless #6 - Lea Classic A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

SRQShaver, Dave in KY, brit and 9 others like this.
  4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 19th October

Jayaruh Syn No67
    Tabac soap
    Schick O Clone
    Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 7 )
    Tabac A/S Lotion

I always get a Top Notch finish when I use The O Clone.Very nice to use if you are going out for an occasion.

07B4BCA2-6A1A-462B-88FF-E6F833C1033B.jpeg

SRQShaver, Dave in KY, brit and 9 others like this.
  5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Today's shave with the Schick M adjustable was quite nice. And I'm wearing my Casio world time today. Such a comfortable watch on a 22mm strap using the jaysandkays adapters.

IMG_19102021_165951_(1150_x_1150_pixel).jpg

6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 20th October

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Williams Mug soap
    Yaqi Raster V3
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

My first Shave with this version.Everything seems well aligned, though as the head is not wide, it is possible with the Kai to get some blade overhang, just ensure it is centred properly.
    All was going well but somehow I managed to sustain my first cut in an age when working near the chin tip. Rather spoiled what was a very good finish.

6836FAF8-29F4-4540-B997-08DEACCF3212.jpeg

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, OCtober 20th 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur 50mm AC-Mfg 2021, great design, tame mid range, enjoyable to roam the face + carefree mostly.
    Blade: Schick Proline P30(3) Sharp & smooth and still testing longevity.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice vanilla +light tobacco scent & excellent lather properties.
    Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 26 mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Foire with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my V2 Excalibur + a Schick P30 50mm blade.
    SOTD, Oct 20, 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20211020_170651.jpg

October 20th, 2021

ASR Treet w/black baton handle
    GEM ptfe blade (2)
    Tabac Shave Stick
    Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia synthetic
    Old Spice Musk

9. Electrif

Thursday 21st October
    Alpha T400 - OSP No.8 v1 Test Soap - Canadian Schick E3 - NOS Canadian Schick Super Stainless #7 - OSP No.8 v1 Test A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 21st October

Omega 11126 boar
    Hampshire Wool Fat
    Yaqi Raster V3
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 2 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

A second Shave with the V3 went without a problem, took it easy in the area I sustained a rare cut yesterday. This Razor really performs very well around the neck, an area where I often struggle with other Razors.

853B10AA-FC2B-40D0-B423-7E4E6AB34F5C.jpeg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, SRQShaver and 7 others like this.
  11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 22nd October

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Monsavon au Lait
    Occams Enoch
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 8 )
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A nice enough Shave, but I have to say that some areas not as close as I had hoped. It seems as though 8 outings in this Razor is enough for this Kai blade.

86AD76B5-980C-4671-AE4B-5B6EA6469D67.jpeg

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, OCtober 22nd 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur, Mfg 2021, Excellent tame mid range daily driver, great design and feel, enjoyable & entry level razor for some folks. One of my favorite SE razors. Hard to cut yourself IMO. Lay a wash cloth when installing blade for ease.
    Blade : Schick Proline 50mm P30(4) sharp & smooth, still testing longevity?
    Soap: Speick, nice mild spicy soap, excellent lather qualities, triple milled.
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick Proline blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 23rd October

Stirling Syn 26mm
    Officina Artigiana
    Occams Oren - 3dot
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

The Oren may look a bit of an oddity as a Razor, but if you got one not suffering from QC issues you may be a Happy Bunney. This is the first time I have used it with the Kai Pink Blade, and I rather pushed it a bit and was rewarded with a Face Stropper. Now the edge taken off the blade I am packing the Razor for Travel, as I want a quality Shave on Monday morning as attending a Funeral that involves an overnight stay on Sunday.

683EB935-854D-470B-AF7B-1247E5EEB18E.jpeg

14. Electrif

Saturday 23rd October
    Alpha Outlaw - AoS Kingsman cream - General Aluminium - Schick Proline P #2 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

15. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

This week I used my new (to me) Schick M for the first time. Prior to this, I have only used the Schick G with a modern sChick blade. The gentleman from whom I purchased the 3 injectors also provided some "legendary" Personna 74 blades. I truly regret not starting with a more familiar sChick for my first shave with an unfamiliar razor. I could not resist the lure of the legend, so in went the 74. I cranked the M up to 8 and engaged in 3 passes. The shave was tuggy and miserable. By the third pass my neck was a big wall of weepers. Three days later I tried again, but dialed the M down to 5. The shave was a bit more comfortable and resulted in no blood. However after 3 passes there was still a significant amount of stubble left. I tried to touch up, but finished with a full pass with my trusty Henson Al13 medium.

At this point I have no idea if the problem is the razor or the "legendary" blade. For what those "legends" cost, I hate to waste one after 2 shaves. However, I will never know whether I am compatible with the M until I try a different blade. I have good experience with the G after about 7 or 8 shaves with it.

IMG_20211023_084414828.jpg

16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 24th October

Cyril Salter. MS. ED2BAND
    P & B Spitfire
    RR V3-A Plate
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 5 )
    P & B Spitfire A/S splash

I should not have left shaving with this combo for such a long time. The Shave was so smooth and forgiving that it was a pleasure rather than a chore, and the finish one that you would like to get every time.

885D6B3C-2D23-4161-8D76-48AFB12300D7.jpeg

17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    PSC Caffeinated Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #30 Silvertip
    Fuzzy Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    PSC Caffeinated After Shave Balm

The PSC Caffeinated Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #30 Silvertip Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Fuzzy Catcher Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with PSC Caffeinated After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, SRQShaver and 6 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Micromatic Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger
    Gem MMOC with No Bumps
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

Well, we are in the final week of OCtober, and I have shaved with a different open combed razor each day and this week will be no different. The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem MMOC with No Bumps with a Personna GEM SS PTFE gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, SRQShaver and 5 others like this.
  19. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I used a recently acquired Personna 74 in my Gem Micromatic Open Comb late in the day yesterday. It provided a very smooth shave. Time will tell if the legendary of their longevity is true.
    Also for people more familiar with the 74s. Is it normal for the dispenser to only say Personna? I thought it would say Personna 74.

IMG_25102021_075623_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, SRQShaver and 5 others like this.
  20. Electrif

Monday 25th October
    Virginia Sheng Purtech - Speick Cream - General Aluminium - Schick Proline P #3 - Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S - Aloe Vera Gel

[​IMG]