Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20211025_191908_20211025194905227.jpg
    October 25th, 2021

Schick Safety Razor - Type I
    Rite-Aid Platinum Chrome blade
    ARKO
    Yaqi 26mm Synthetic Brush
    Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue

SlimGem, jimjo1031, SRQShaver and 8 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tues 26th October

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 1 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

While waiting for a replacement head, I just had to try the Feather Proguard. Very surprised how quickly the Shave went, as in other Razors the guarded blade seems to slow a Shave down. In fact I enjoyed this Razor /Blade combo a lot more than when I used a Feather Pro on board. The overall finish quality was very good and I reckon that this combo would be a good Daily Shaver for those who have quite tough beards.

3CA57171-3335-455C-9CBA-C88332C2CC4D.jpeg

Aztecmike, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 9 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Williams Wed- 27th October

My second Shave with the ECO/ Proguard. A most smooth and comfortable Shave, being so easy to eradicate even the most stubborn areas of growth. So far this blade appears to be a better performer than the Feather Pro in this Razor, shame about the cost.
    Co Starring with the Williams was the excellent brush- The Grosvenor 404mixed which really whips up a great Lather.

90C44EB5-31BE-46B8-9149-141546803C9E.jpeg

4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 27th October
    Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Cream - General Brass - Schick Proline P #4 - Selin Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 8 others like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 28th October

Cyril Salter MS. ED2BAND
    Lea Classic soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 3 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A rather Super Shave, followed by drive in the country in blazing sunlight. Ended up st country pub that I have wanted to visit.Not a gastro pub, but one with real cooked food, being the Game season I had a Rabbit dish, was a delight. The drive home through the back lanes of Kent was a scenic delight.

4A10EDD1-A29F-42F6-BFC6-AA250AC9C6A1.jpeg

6. Electrif

Friday 29th October
    RazoRock Plissoft - Rose of Bulgaria Cream - General Brass - Schick Proline P #5 - Blue Stratos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, Jim99, SlimGem and 9 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 29th October

Stirling Syn 26mm
    L’ Occitane Cade soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 4 )
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

After initial clearance it is so easy just to guide the Razor and let the weight do the work. Was not keen on the handle, but the all up weight is so good, and the cleft in the handle really assists in the ease of handling the Razor in different areas.
    45A1550C-3476-4D82-8C2E-844A7448AA09.jpeg

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Alpha Claymore finally sorted to accept Proline blades, and the diminutive Mark Cross. Alpha is a fine shaver, especially on the beard, but the Mark Cross is so much easier on the dome and with detail work.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, OCtober 29th 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur- Mfg 2021> excellent design, tame mid range, affordable, good entry razor for 50mm blades. Enjoyable shaver IMO.
    Blade: Schick Proline P30(6) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with good longevity.
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch, nice mild scent, excellent lather qualities (misted).
    Brush: Yaqi Cola 22mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub, excellent precision painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS, BBs+ no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my V2 Excalibur with a Schick Proline P30.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Aztecmike, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 7 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Eufros Sandalo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger
    Russian ShaDE
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS

The Eufros Sandalo Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Russian ShaDE Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

11. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an excellent shave this morning with the Gem Junior Parade and my custom Schick G. The red handle on the Gem is actually from my Treet razor but I really like the brass and red together. The Novelist by A&E is a fantastic soap. I love the scent and the lather is wonderful especially when whipped up with the 28mm SHD badger. I'm wearing the Casio world time today which is one of my go to watches lately.

IMG_29102021_160846_(1200_x_1199_pixel).jpg

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Eufros Sandalo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger
    PAA Starling
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS

The Eufros Sandalo Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the PAA Starling Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Aztecmike, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

OCtober!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 30th October

RR 400. SE- Plissoft noir
    Officina Artigiana soap

Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 5 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

A Shave cannot be more laid back than with this Razor/ Blade combo, and the quality of finish all round is a bit up there.I would still like to try other blades in the EVO.

20122274-80F4-4D4A-BE7C-2003C985843C.jpeg

15. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

I am beginning to lean strongly towards LEA products. Would you be so kind as to describe the sent and performance of the A/S and the soap?

Thank you in advance.

GAW9576 likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

the weekender
    brit valet vc3 short handle
    feather
    simpson
    trumper's sandalwood
    tobs a/s & cologne

[​IMG]

Aztecmike, Jim99, SlimGem and 8 others like this.
  17. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Pre-shave: Soap and warm water
    Lather: Cella whipped in a handmade bowl
    Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
    Razor: Gold GEM Pushbutton
    Blade: Ted Pella PTFE, fifth use

I am still new to GEM shaving and have only used a Featherweight until today which was my first shave with a Pushbutton in gold. I like the handle of this one better, being slightly longer. I’ll have to check but I believe the angle is slightly different as well.

Believe it or not, the blade felt a little dull even though everyone claims to routinely get 10 or more shaves per blade. I have a few other GEMs on the way so my next shave will be with a different razor and fresh blade. It’s probably a mistake but I’m enjoying trying different razors and am hoping that one of them will feel more natural than the others. It has happened before with DEs and injectors.

This shave ended up as a 8/10 DFS with just a touch of irritation in my usual spot under the chin. I’m looking forward to trying this razor again with a different blade. Happy shaves everyone!

8D13A158-32F6-43CB-8393-84F08A3B6349.jpeg

Aztecmike, Jim99, SlimGem and 8 others like this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 31st October

Omega 11126 boar
    P & B Citra Royale
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 6 )
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Hard to think when I had such good back to back Shaves as I am getting with this Razor, especially when they feel effortless.

E30F9ACC-1BA5-4ADB-B5AB-6249334C01EE.jpeg

19. Electrif

All Hallows Eve
    Yaqi Heavy Metal - Arko Maximum Comfort Cream - General Steel - Schick Proline P #6 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    Spookily good!!!

20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Happy Halloween!!!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aztecmike, SRQShaver, SlimGem and 7 others like this.