Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Eufros Sandalo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger
    J.A. Henckels Rapide
    Henckels Wedge
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS

The last day of OCtober finishes off 31 days with 31 different open comb razors. That is a first for me. It was a fun 31 days. Happy Reformation Day, all.

The Eufros Sandalo Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Henckels Rapide Lather Catcher Razor with a Henckels Wedge gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Aztecmike, SRQShaver, SlimGem and 7 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, OCtober 31, 2021 Halloween theme week

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent injector, well built to last, good adjustment & enjoyably different.
    Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE blade(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice scent, excellent lather qualities.( slightly over misted while tinkering, tried to push hydration to the limit, still having a little lathering fun.)
    Brush: Yaqi 22mm 2band badger, Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, designed for scrubbing(short loft), good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturising lotion balm + scentless [​IMG]
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick adj injector M3 with a Personna injector coated blade.
    SOTD, Oct 31, 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG] Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger
    Fuzzy Catcher 3D by Tom White
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

November is here, and I have designated it as 3D Printed Razor Month. I will be using all of my printed razors this month. I have 14, so most will get used at least twice. Here we go.

The Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Fuzzy Catcher 3D Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a very comfortable shave with the Star test outfit razor today. Even with an 8th use blade it left me with an irritation free smooth finish.

IMG_01112021_083224_(1098_x_1100_pixel).jpg

5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Lighter handle on the Claymore suits my head shave much better. The Pro Guard blade is definitely comfortable but I think I prefer the greater blade feel and efficiency of the Prolines. Touch ups with the Outlaw/Falcons.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Aztecmike, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 1st November

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    RR Hawk V3- OC
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 4 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

A very nice Shave with a good finish, but think a lighter handle is required to improve the balance.

D5C7E5E2-8628-4F12-9BDE-76C7A31A07F8.jpeg

Aztecmike, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday , Nov1st, 2021

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade- Mfg 1943 variant, great mid range, a joy to use, A very comfortable self standing handle.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel +Ach Brito aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm)& scentless.
    Results: CCS, DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 parade with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 2nd November

Cyril Salter MS. ED2BAND
    Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
    RR Hawk V3- A Plate
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 5 )
    Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

I found this Hawk to be better balanced than the OC version that I used yesterday with a non stock handle. The Shave was more enjoyable because of this, and I was pleased with the overall quality of finish.

7CE12396-8FD9-448D-8E03-443A0BDB519B.jpeg

Aztecmike, SlimGem, brit and 6 others like this.
  9. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 2nd November
    Zenith 507 - Lea Classic Cream - General Steel - Schick Proline P #7 - Lea Classic A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, SlimGem, brit and 5 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    Day 2 of 3D Printed Razor Month

[​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Gem 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem 3D Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Aztecmike, SRQShaver, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Feather Super is now my pick in the Claymore. [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Aztecmike, GAW9576, SlimGem and 6 others like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Nov 2nd 2021

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st generation, Mfg 1950-52, 2nd Gen 1953-54, excellent razor, very light and nimble. I like using this razor with a new Gem blade because I usually get stellar shaves because of the sharpness of the blade. Good way to break a new Gem PTFE blade in also with a tame mid range razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Dandelion 24mm Cashmere synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber, excellent painter.
    Post shave: WH cleanse, Ach Brito Lavanda aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (Balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st Gen + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, SRQShaver, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  13. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

SOTD 11.02.21
    Soap: Catie's Bubbles - La Terre Verte
    Brush: 3D Printed - Synthetic
    Rasor: 3D Printed - SE
    Blade: GEM Coated Stainless Steel
    IMG_3878 (2)gm.JPG

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  14. Electrif

Hi Roger, is that a variation of the Raptor?

jimjo1031, SlimGem and GAW9576 like this.
  15. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Hi Arthur. Yes, it is. I removed the front blade guards and tweaked the comb a bit.

jimjo1031, GAW9576 and Electrif like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    TiBr 3D by Tom
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Cella ASB

Day 3 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TiBr 3D Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  17. Electrif

Thursday 4th November
    Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Sandalwood - GEM Micromatic Open Comb - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    Debut of my beautiful un-plated Micromatic. Many thanks to my new favourite artisan razor restorer John June.

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Mystic Water Cedar & Sage Shave Soap
    ENDGEM SPEED 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Cella ASB

Day 4 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Mystic Water Cedar & Sage Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the ENDGEM SPEED 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Jim99 and 8 others like this.
  19. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I have a few shaves to post since I'm a slacker! ;)

Oct 26 was a shave with one of the prettiest razors I have yet seen. My example of it has seen better days so hopefully, I will find a better one BUT be that as it may, this one is still lovely. It's a Schick G4 "66" injector with a textured chrome head and blue handle. My first impression was I couldn't believe how incredibly tiny it was, especially in my big hand. It turns out that the size was actually quite nice when pinching below the head and resting the end of the handle on my pinky. I used a new Peresonna blade and had a 8.5 DFS shave using Proraso Red and a PAA Atomic Rocket brush.

2021-10-24_Schick_G4_Personna.resized.jpg

Yesterday's shave was with a very nice example of a GEM G-Bar that I've just received. I loaded it up with a new Ted Pella PTFE blade and have a comfortable three-pass shave that I'll call DFS. I was being extra careful with this new blade because the last time I used a new GEM blade I did some serious damage. This shave also included a new soap and brush from Hendrix Classics & Co that I won from a YouTube changed giveaway (thanks Dougie!). The soap has a very nice fragrance and produced gobs of peaky lather. This is only my second brush and is much smaller than the PAA Atomic Rocket so it was interesting to try something new. I like it although it was a bit scratchier (scritchier??) than the oh so soft PAA knot.

2021-11-2_GEM_G_Bar.jpg

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Mystic Water Cedar & Sage Shave Soap
    Raptor 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Cella ASB

Day 5 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Mystic Water Cedar & Sage Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Raptor 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.