Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, July 5th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic flying wing, guiding eye, MMBT....Mfg 1947-50, tame mid range razor, heaviest of the Micromatics, great shave this morning. This razor usually does not give me a BBS unless with a new blade but that is why I like it a DFS+ shave.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE blade (8) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Tabac, Nice mild flowery scent(puck is getting old) with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Moka express 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor( Creed Adventist version) with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem MMFW....+ a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 6th July

Simpson Chubby 1 /Maggards ED2band
    Hampshire Wool Fat Soap
    Schick "O" Clone
    Schick S/S Twin - Japan [ 2 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Finally got back to my Injector rotation, having interrupted it to test some new AC/SEs and compare them to other ones in my stable.
    Now that was a Smooth Shave, and not likely to cause me any skin problems yet the finish was exceptionally close all round.

Very pleased I got hold of this Classic replica which have apparently ceased production. No one seems to know where they came from, and those who have the Original say they compare well build wise, and in quality of Shave.

IMG_1553.jpg

3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 6th July
    Jayaruh 289 - Hampshire Wool Fat - Raptor 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, July 6th 2021, thought my blade was spent from yesterday(8)but thought I would test this it in my Everready Streamline because it lets a person know in a hurry the blade condition, still a excellent blade on (9). Usually 10> shaves with a Gem blade.

Razor:
    Everready Streamline 2nd generation, Mfg 1949-53 excellent upper mid range> eye candy, once mastered it shaves great, a challenging razor at first to dial in but once that is done you will receive some great shaves, nice razor to use when # of uses on a blade gets higher to take full advantage of Gem coated blades IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE blade(9) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Gillette Pure, nice fresh scent, great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi High mountain silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrub, densely packed knot, great lather painter. Its Yaqi premiere brush if using pricing as a indicator, got mine on sale like usually .
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor(RR Creed Adventist Version)with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER Streamline 2nd Gen + a coated Gem blade.
    ASR shave Tue. July 6th 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  5. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

07-07-2021
    Pre-shave: Warm water
    Soap: Williams
    Brush: #375 Synthetic - Handmade by @Jayaruh
    Razor: 3D Printed - SlimLine
    Blade: Schick Injector
    Post-shave: Old Spice - Classic
    P1040881 (2)m.JPG

jimjo1031, Droo78, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  6. Electrif

Lovely razor with a suitably perfect name Roger.
    How is the blade secured?

SlimGem and GAW9576 like this.
  7. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Very nice triple pass shave with the Valet Auto Strop and a pretty old Feather SS coated double bevel blade, Gillette Pure cream whipped up in a Fine Accoutrements shave bowl (not shown) and Pinaud synthetic brush (also not shown). Finished off with a generous splash of Clubman Classic.

20200330_085809_HDR_downsize.jpg

Unfortunately, Tango class was cancelled!

jimjo1031, SlimGem, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Williams Wednesday -7th July

The Grosvenor-404 mixed
    Williams Mug soap
    Schick "O" Clone
    Schick S/S Twin - Japan [ 3 ]
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

The Clone with a Twin delivers a truly smooth Shave, and allows one to work away to attain a rather splendidly close all round finish.
    A shame I did not get some more of these blades before the Price got sky high. Certain Razors certainly work better with a Twin blade, especially the Schick Adjustable is a bit dull used with a single blade.

IMG_1554.jpg

jimjo1031, SlimGem, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I want to see more of this razor, Roger. Beautiful.

GAW9576 and SlimGem like this.
  10. SlimGem

Thank you, Arthur! The blade is secured by the one-piece head which works more like a clothespin when you screw in the handle.

Ron R, Electrif and GAW9576 like this.
  11. SlimGem

Thank you, Jim! It's still a work in progress. My days need more hours in them. :)

12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 8th July

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
    Vitos Super Red
    Schick "O" Clone
    Schick S/S Twin - Japan [ 4 ]
    Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

Feels rather a lazy Shave on my part, knowing it is going to be so smooth and very easy to get a really good close finish. I never cease to be amazed at just how good the Vitos is to shave with.

IMG_1555.jpg

13. Electrif

Thursday 8th July
    Zenith 506 - Palmolive - General Brass - Schick Proline P #6 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #340 Two-band Badger
    Schick M Adjustable
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Cella After Shave Balm

It has been a while since I have shaved with the Schick M. I set it on 7 and got this excellent shave. The Colgate Mug Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #340 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable Razor with a Schick Proline B20 Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thur, July 8th 2021, 2021, Sometimes I like to experiment with different blades and this one has not been tried before with a guarded Kai Protouch(love these blades). Some folks have used injector blades in their Micromatics with good success, the blade is held secure and will not come out because of the bottom tensioner brackets push the blade into the blade stops.(no need to over torque either.) Measured and sniped proper length and it has been loaded for a few days because of razor rotation. Well it worked great and now I will use it for a few more shaves. The feel of the blade is different and a little smoother for sure with a brand new blade and knocked off a real decent shave for excellent results.
    Nothing wrong with a Gem blades at all but these guarded expensive blades are a treat in my proper SE 50 mm razor and also with my MMOC it seems now. Personna has made guarded blades for salons many years ago and still do I believe in disposable razors for salons.

Razor: Micromatic OC buttonless: Mfg model 1930-32, excellent mid range, built to last, joy to use the 5 variants Micromatics and other Gem models.
    Blade: Kai Protouch modified(1) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap: Razorock XXX, nice clean scent, with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush, nice boar brush after broke in, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub & great lather painter. Lost some hairs at first but it seems to have stopped for now.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX AS with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem MMOC razor with a modified Kai Protouch guarded blade.
    Here is another blade that works real well IMO, But is expensive(6-7 times) compared to a Gem Personna SS PTFE blade that has greater longevity than the Kai Protouch MG or a Feather Proguard IMO.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

16. SlimGem

07-08-2021
    Pre-shave: Warm water
    Soap: CBL - California Sunrise
    Brush: #375 Synthetic - Handmade by @Jayaruh
    Razor: 3D Printed - SE Adjustable
    Blade: GEM SS Coated
    Post-shave: Aqua Velva
    P1040889 (2)m.JPG

17. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Wow! Beautiful 3D SE! How's it adjustable?

Electrif, brit, SlimGem and 1 other person like this.
  18. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an excellent shave with my Schick I with Hydro-Magic today. I'm always surprised how well this razor shaves considering how much of a basket case it was when a friend gave it to me.

IMG_08072021_181939_(980_x_980_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  19. SlimGem

Thank you! It has multiple plates with different blade gaps.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wow - reaching new heights with these 3D creations- well done :)