Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 13th November

Stirling Syn 26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard. ( 7 )
    P & B Spitfire A/S splash

Considering that the blade is on its 7th outing, this Shave was extremely smooth and comfortable. In addition the quality of finish in all areas is very good. Am tempted to have one more Shave with this combo tomorrow before a blade change.

DEF256A5-CB9D-4FC5-9216-73B7562F9C21.jpeg

brit, SRQShaver, jimjo1031 and 8 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 13 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Nov 13th 2021

Razor: Gillette Regular Flare tip Super speed B2- Mfg 1956, 2nd qtr, Excellent mild razor, I like to shave with a KAI SS DE blade extra wide blade because it gives a nice boost in blade feel or blade exposure. This razor is wonderful with the right blade in use.
    Blade: Kai SS (5) Excellent, sharp & smoooth. The Kai is 4.5/1000 of inch wider per side than a a standard Gillette Astra SP. Good to have a tuck or 2 for those nice mild razors that are not being used that much. I use this blade in my mild razors a lot.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream [​IMG] , 6/10 sandalwood scent strength, excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot with black marble handle [​IMG] Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter. This brush seems to be perfect for my face feel and always enjoy using it.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso Red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gillette 1956 SS with a Kai SS blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, Enrico, jimjo1031 and 7 others like this.
  4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Remembrance Sunday (UK)
    Alpha Outlaw - Arran Lochranza - 3D GEM Adjustable 'B' plate - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - Brut Attraction Totale A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

5. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sunday November 14, 2021
    Razor: British Made Ever Ready 1912
    Blade: Gem
    Brush: STAR Bone Handle Badger
    Soap: Palmolive Shave Stick
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Vintage Palmolive
    Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,103

Great shave with my aluminum handle ER 1912 Made in England. Had a generous viewer and YouTuber reach out and gift me a Bakelite case for this razor I had and wanted to thank him. Great shave but #11 on the Gem although giving great results is pushing it for my whiskers and was binned after the shave. Hope everyone has a great Sunday !

brit, Enrico, jimjo1031 and 8 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Fuzzy Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 14 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Fuzzy Catcher Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, SRQShaver, jimjo1031 and 7 others like this.
  7. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Ooh, I do like that soap dish. Can you tell us something about it?

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 14th November

RR 400. SE- Plissoft noir
    Officina Artigiana
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 8 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Now that was a Sunday Shave - smooth and comfortable with a Top Notch finish. This Razor/Blade combo is proving to be a real contender in my AC/SE rankings. Just need to try out other blades.

495C9605-A3F3-4451-9524-A9DFBA9952B6.jpeg

brit, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  9. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Best way is to link the Arran website:
    https://arran.com/products/lochranza-shave-stone-soap
    I believe it's available from Bullgoose shaving.
    Oh, another thing, it's heavy.

Tedolph and GAW9576 like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, Nov 14th 2021

Razor: Stick Schick injector L type theme series- Mfg 1973, nice mild Schick, seems to be holding up well over the last 50 years. I like this razor because it brings back memories of my youth growing up.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (5) Very sharp, great longevity & smooths out over time & predictable. Excellent blade.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Viper bore bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end hair tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturiser lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Stick Schick L type injector + a Personna coated injector blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, Enrico, SRQShaver and 8 others like this.
  11. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Soap: Nivea - Shave cream
    Razor: 3D Printed SE
    Blade: GEM SS Coated 5th use

Another fantastic shave from this gem blade and plastic razor.
    20211114_104759.jpg

brit, SRQShaver, Karl G and 7 others like this.
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 15th November

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Monsavon au Lait
    Occams original
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 5 )
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Not a bad Shave with this little Razor, I do not think the performance is enhanced by the use of a guarded blade.

8984CC26-3449-4A43-8388-6122C5E84720.jpeg

Aztecmike, brit, SRQShaver and 7 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tea Tree Shave Bar
    Semogue 1305 Boar
    Fuzzy Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

Day 15 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Tea Tree Shave Bar lathered well with the Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Fuzzy Catcher 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    Aztecmike, brit, SRQShaver and 7 others like this.
  14. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20211114_225434_20211114225954733_20211114230559931.jpg
    November 15th, 2021

Superior Safety Razor
    GEM stainless ptfe blade
    Custom Horn & Onyx Brush w/Timberwolf knot by @gssixgun
    Razorock - The Dead Sea
    Soap & Aftershave Splash

brit, Jayaruh, SRQShaver and 7 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Nov 15th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, upper mild range razor, beautiful razor to use, easy to work the face and I enjoy using this great razor and it performs well with a sharp blade.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) Excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity + smooths out nicely 7 predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, very unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Moka synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(Balm)+ scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar lather catcher with a coated Gem Blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, brit, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Tarmax Adjustable SE Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Czechoslovakian Triumph Boar (restored) Brush
    Proraso/Love my Skin Spearmint Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

Untitled.jpg

GAW9576, brit, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

After using the Tarmax SE, I found it to be very well made and produces BBS shaves. But one thing I was warned about, the razor blade corners can bite you. I found this out on my first shave. When using the Injector version, I got DFS shaves, no problem. But this SE version would give me BBS shaves using short strokes. I would start my first pass on #4, but afterwards I would dial it down to #2 on the ATG pass. I would get more comfortable shaves this way. Overall this is a quality built razor that produces great shaves. Looks like @jmudrick is next on the list.

GAW9576, Ron R, Aztecmike and 3 others like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

An SE shave is usually about 10 minutes quicker than a straight (at least for me.) Being squeezed on time this morning I used that opportunity to shave with this fine 1914. It’s just such a sweet shaver. :happy036: If only it opened easier :rofl:

Hot water preparation
    T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Romero Wengue Chubby Manchurian Badger
    Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream
    Ever-Ready 1914
    GEM PTFE SS (1)
    Castle Forbes Lavender After Shave Balm

46771C2F-F9D6-4C49-A771-63BFDFE75D57.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

GAW9576, brit, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  19. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

That is a fantastic looking brush!

I’m really enjoying the 3D printed razors but don’t think I’ve seen this one yet. Are there plans for this available online somewhere? Thanks!

Same as above. Great looking razor. Are the plans available? Thanks!

My shave today was with a Schick G4 “66” and a Schick Krona-Chrome Super Chromium blade. The lather was Hendrix Classics & Co “Badass” soap whipped up with a PAA Atomic Rocket brush. What a great razor! It’s tiny and nimble, fitting into tight spaces easily. That makes getting at my trouble spot under the jawline much easier than many other razors. The result, as judged by my official shave tester (my daughter), was an all around BBS.

56B508F1-8174-452D-AC0B-45E9680417DD.jpeg

Aztecmike, GAW9576, brit and 6 others like this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 16th November

Jayaruh Syn No67
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 9 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

This really is a good Razor /Blade combo, as I have just completed a 9th comfortable Shave with a great close all round finish. Pleased that I now have a good stock of these blades obtained a very reasonable price, direct from Japan.

3EA0822F-1BA4-4B71-AC6A-F6752B378CAC.jpeg

SlimGem, Aztecmike, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.