Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 23rd November

Cyril Salter/MS. ED2BAND
    Vitos Super Red
    Yaqi Raster V3
    Kai Pink ( 3 )
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Am a bit more aware of the way this Combo Shaves, so despite dealing with 2 days growth it was completed without mishap. In fact not a bad Shave in terms of comfort and finish.

76524EC2-B92B-4790-95CC-C4E6463BADC6.jpeg

Tedolph, GAW9576, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh 287 Synthetic
    TNNSER 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

Day 23 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 287 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SRQShaver, GAW9576, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Nov 23rd 2021

Razor: Everready 1924(AKA Shovel head)+ a ER streamliner strop handle, Mfg 1919-24 Excellent mid range, rear loading, great audio feedback, great results.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scented soap, excellent lather qualities.(misted) 3rd tub started.
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + unscented.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my ER 1924 with a coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

SRQShaver, GAW9576, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

First time out with Tarmax SE, 7 setting. As expected the required angle felt awkward on my head. Certainly smooth but tricky to catch the stubble on the noggin top. Finished with a MMOC. It took me a couple shaves with the injector version to get used to the angle, i expect same here. No operational issues here at all.[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Ron R, SRQShaver, SlimGem and 5 others like this.
  5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an awesome shave with this Gem Featherweight that my kids got me for my birthday. The top cap was slightly pitted which gave me an excuse to sand it down to bare brass. This horse hair brush sheds A LOT. I ended up switching to a synthetic half way through the shave.

IMG_23112021_170452_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Ron R, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  6. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 24th November
    Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Wickham 1912 Club Cola - Canadian Schick E3 - NOS Canadian Schick Super Stainless #8 - Superdrug Sierran Breeze A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Ron R, Tedolph and 6 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh 287 Synthetic
    ENDGEM SPEED 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 24 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 287 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the ENDGEM SPEED 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    jimjo1031, Ron R, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  8. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I had a very nice two-pass shave with a GEM Featherweight and a third-use stainless PTFE blade. I haven't used the old favorite Proraso Red for a while and I finished it off with some Clubman Vanilla for a near-BBS result.

2021-11-24_GEM_FW.resized.jpg

jimjo1031, Ron R, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 24th November

RR Syn 22mm
    P & B Citra Royale
    Claymore Evolution
    Kai Pink ( 3 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Extremely smooth, in fact so smooth that tended to rush a bit without checking the finish in one area before moving on to the next. However, the overall quality of finish still rather good.

89D6E2E7-720D-427C-9110-3BEAD2F30EB1.jpeg

jimjo1031, Ron R, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thanksgiving Day's Shave

[​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Strop Shoppe Unscented Shave Soap
    Jayaruh 287 Synthetic
    GEM-LP
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 25 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Strop Shoppe Unscented Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 287 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM-LP 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Ron R, SlimGem and 3 others like this.
  11. Electrif

Friday 26th November
    Yaqi Red Marble - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Pal Injectomatic - Personna Coated #4 - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Jayaruh 287 Synthetic
    Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 26 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Strop Shoppe Unscented Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 287 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, GAW9576, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Nov26th 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm, Mfg 2021> excellent tame mid range, good design, top cap needs manually alignment because of issues from some V1 Excalibur(no problems with my V1). I get great shaves mostly & excellent shave results is the bottom line.
    Blade: Schick proline P30 injector (3) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Great AC blade compared to the rest IMO.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild lavender scent, excellent lather qualities,(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, great scrubber, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(Balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30 proline.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 26th November

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    TNNSER 3D
    Gem S/S ( 3 )
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

With Two days growth to deal with,I found that there was a lot of blade feel and the initial clearance strokes were quite harsh and overall Shave time felt quite long. Though the Shave was completed without mishap I was a bit disappointed with the overall finish quality.

8DE6FCF9-6210-4039-929A-3D7EC1889C64.jpeg

Ron R, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Jayaruh 287 Synthetic
    Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 27 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Strop Shoppe Unscented Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 287 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, Ron R, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  16. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I was so busy yesterday I didn't get around to posting this fantastic shave. The J.A. Henckels Rapide razor performed flawlessly and the Mer Shavings Fougère Orange whipped up wonderfully with a Zenith Boar brush.

IMG_27112021_122316_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

MPF9, Ron R, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  17. Electrif

Sunday 28th November
    Yaqi Moka Express - Wickham 1912 Cashmere - Pal Injectomatic - Personna Coated #3 - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, jimjo1031, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Jayaruh 287 Synthetic
    Triceratops 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Day 28 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Strop Shoppe Unscented Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 287 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Triceratops 3D Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Nov 28th 2021

Razor: Schick Golden 500 with hydro magic- Mfg 1957-64,longest of all my razors 5 3/8 inches, unisex razor(?) nice mild injector, easy to clean with hydro magic(good idea IMO).
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (2) Very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood, nice scent with great lather qualities(misted), misting seems I'm able to dial in this soap better IMO, seemed thirsty this morning.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot with black marble handle, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub, great painter.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel beard cleanse + Ogallala with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(Balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Golden 500 injector with hydro magic + a Personna coated injector blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 28th November

Stirling Syn 26mm
    L’Occitane cade soap
    ER Streamline
    Gem S/S ( 7 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

A very quick Shave to get rid off the worst of the stubble. Really just as well as the blade past its best.

264A4A67-043F-429A-8BB7-A7015B72434B.jpeg

Electrif, GAW9576, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.