Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick
    Jayaruh 414 Silvertip
    Darwin-Stoll Jr. 3DP
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

Day 29 of 3D Printed Razor Month. So far I have used each of my 3Dp razors two times. Today, I am on the third shave with the Darwin-Stoll Jr. 3DP razor.

The TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh 414 Silvertip Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Darwin-Stoll Jr. 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, GAW9576, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday Nov 29th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic Flying wing, Guiding eye, MMBT......(8) excellent tame mid range, heaviest of all the Micromatics, the razor is designed for mild side shaving of the Micromatics. I enjoy using this razor, but I don't expect BBS either & that is great.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) Very sharp, Great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Speick stick, mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. (Misted)Excellent looking lather.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Ferrari boar brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end tips, nice scrub, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep; Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS ,DFS,BbS+ no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Micromatic bullet tip with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, GAW9576, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 29th November

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Ach Brito Mogno
    ER 1912 Bathroom Set
    Gem S/S ( 3 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Choosing the 1912 was a safe bet , as I wanted a no fuss good quality Shave. A real pleasure using it with a relatively fresh blade, and I got the result I wanted.

851AAB50-4EFC-4A24-84A4-353E49F6BDA1.jpeg

Ron R, Tedolph, brit and 5 others like this.
  4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 30th November
    Yaqi Heavy Metal - Wickham 1912 Apricus - Pal Injectomatic - Schick Proline B #6 - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Wickham 1912 Apricus ASB
    [​IMG]

Ron R, brit, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh 414 Silvertip
    TNNSER 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade
    CWR
    Tabac AS

Day 30 of 3D Printed Razor Month. I end the month with one of my favorite 3DP razors, the TNNSER by @twhite .

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 414 Silvertip Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER 3DP Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an excellent shave this morning with the British Pal Injectomatic. Today was also the first use of my recently finished brush with a Maggard 70/30 mixed badger boar knot. Seems like a great knot and it should improve even more as it breaks in. The Zenith Boar was also used to continue its break in. I'm going to need to make a custom stand for the Zenith as it doesn't fit in any of my current stands. I finished things of with a blend of Thayers balm and The Novelist by A&E. Today's watch is the Casio world time on a 22mm nato strap using Jays&Kays adapters.

IMG_30112021_102547_(1100_x_1098_pixel).jpg IMG_30112021_102614_(1100_x_1099_pixel).jpg

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 30th November

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Gem Micromatic
    Gem S/S ( 1 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Instructions regarding use abound for the Micromatics, get the angle right and they Shave well. I used an OC today and even with a fresh blade, the Shave was smooth, without mishap the finish quality was excellent.

785D1A43-30C8-4B6C-A704-0B21204C2F37.jpeg

Ron R, Tedolph, SRQShaver and 6 others like this.
  8. GAW9576

They are incredible razors. I find my best shaves with them are when I concentrate on both angle and nearly zero pressure. UT even when I get a bit lax on either I still get good to great shaves.

Ron R, Tedolph, MPF9 and 1 other person like this.
  9. GAW9576

I had a marvelous Williams Wednesday shave today complete with Aqua Velva after shave. However the real star of the show was the new to me 1887 Kampfe Brothers Star razor. This was my first shave with a wedge blade safety razor. Overall it was an excellent shave. Even though the seller did a great job honing the blades before sending the razor out, I could work on my stopping a bit to get the most out of them. The Williams lathered extremely easily with the Zenith Boar and the Aqua Velva was a fantastic finishing touch.

IMG_01122021_221312_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

Jayaruh, Ron R, jluc and 3 others like this.
  10. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 2nd December
    Vig Shaving Purtech - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - General Aluminium - Feather Pro #1 - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, Ron R, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 2nd December

Omega 1126 boar
    Williams Mug soap
    ER HFT E Bar!!
    Gem S/S ( 1 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

A pleasant enough Shave, but with this Razor I can never get the kind of close finish that I get with other ER Razors

66A829C0-FFB1-422B-AD6C-03AF379D975E.jpeg

Jayaruh, Ron R, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  12. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thursday DecemBOAR 2, 2021
    Razor: Durham Dorset
    Blade: Schick Proline AC Style (Heavily Modified)
    Brush: Sad Stirling Boar
    Soap: Gillette Cream
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Nivea Deep
    Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,121

Heavy modification of the blade was yielding a smooth, close and actually fantastic comfortable shave before things went awry during the 3rd pass and literally BLEW apart. Glad I decide to do a video which captured it. The blade actually STUCK to me when it came out. Will revisit and fine tune the blade modification when I have more time. Seeing is believing.............watch the video and have a great day !

Jayaruh, Ron R, SlimGem and 3 others like this.
  13. GAW9576

I just watched this one and the metal nipper video. 1.7K views on the nipper video:eek:
    Glad there was no blood shed on this one.

Dave in KY likes this.
  14. GAW9576

First shave with the 1909 Ever-Ready. @twhite was kind enough to load a new carbon blade with a shim so I could see how that should look. I'm not a fan of carbon blades but didn't want to waste one either. So I shaved with it. The shave went quite well. However for the next shave I will load an SS PTFE. Williams on the Zenith Boar whipped up wonderfully again and I finished things off with a splash of Aqua Velva.

IMG_02122021_190202_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg IMG_02122021_190222_(1099_x_1100_pixel).jpg

Jayaruh, Ron R, twhite and 5 others like this.
  15. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thanks Greg, Congrats on the 1909 !

GAW9576 likes this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 3rd December

Cyril Salter. MS- ED2BAND
    Lea Classic soap
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Feather Proguard ( 3 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Another reason for not using a HFT is that not only is it too mild for me, but it produces rapid heavy regrowth.
    Though due to start an Injector rotation, used the Yaqi Raster V2 for a good clean up.
    I think I prefer the V2 to the V3 as the blade loading and fitting seems superior. Really quite amazing how this budget offering delivers such good Shaves.

E4B2C052-7F90-4BED-A91D-15EB89A681EF.jpeg

Jayaruh, Ron R, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  17. GAW9576

Thanks. I was surprised he was letting it go. I'm glad to be able to give it a good home. These things don't fair well out on the cold and lonely streets and it's or duty to look after them.

Dave in KY likes this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Dec 3rd 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> great tame mid range, great little head design, you have to do a top cap visual alignment to the safety bar because they allowed clearances, easy to work the face and affordable for most folks. Blades cost more than the razor head if bought with out handle.
    Blade: Schick proline 50mm P30 AC (4)- sharp & smooth, with reasonable longevity. I like using them, nice blade.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream. Very nice scent with excellent lather qualities. (misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar brush- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, nice scrub, great lather painter. Favorite boar brush out of 3.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a Dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weeper =[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30 blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, GAW9576, MPF9 and 2 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Dec 3rd 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> great tame mid range, great little head design, you have to do a top cap visual alignment to the safety bar because they allowed clearances, easy to work the face and affordable for most folks. Blades cost more than the razor head if bought with out handle.
    Blade: Schick proline 50mm P30 AC (4)- sharp & smooth, with reasonable longevity. I like using them, nice blade.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream. Very nice scent with excellent lather qualities. (misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar brush- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, nice scrub, great lather painter. Favorite boar brush out of 3.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a Dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weeper =[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30 blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, GAW9576 and SlimGem like this.
  20. GAW9576

Such a good shave you had to post it twice ah. :happy097:
    Don't worry, you're not the first and won't be the last to do it.

MPF9 and Ron R like this.