Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

So yesterday's Ever-Ready 1909 shave went quite well with the carbon blade. Today's shave with an SS PTFE went even better. Not that I'm surprised.

IMG_03122021_155240_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

brit, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Some days I get distracted or not fully awake and if you look I have my Nacet blades in the Photo using a Yaqi AC 50mm blade razor.:signs081::happy102:

GAW9576 likes this.
  3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 4th December
    Yaqi Sagrada Familia - De Vergulde Hand Stick - General Brass - Feather Pro #2 - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

brit, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 4th December

Jayaruh Syn No67
    Vitos Super Red
    Schick E2- Canada
    Schick Proline ( 6 )
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Could not be a better start to a rotation, Shaves with this E2 are up there with the best that I get with other types of Razor. So good, that I should be dressed up going somewhere special .

4DA704BC-A236-49AC-A18E-A3EA312466F8.jpeg

brit, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  5. GAW9576

Ha, I hadn't notice the blade mixup.

Ron R likes this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 5, 2021
    Blackland Sabre Level 1
    Gem PTFE
    Omega Roma Colosseum
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

brit, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  7. GAW9576

I had another wonderful Williams shave today complete with an Aqua Velva after shave splash. The Zenith Boar whips up such a fantastic lather with Williams. And Aqua Velva is such a great compliment to Williams. It's almost like they were made for each other (which they were). The 1887 Kamphe Brothers Star is a very effective razor when the blade is set forward a bit. This is my first adjustable Lather catcher. I spent a bit more time stopping the wedge blade today and was rewarded with a smoother shave. I look forward to improving on this even more as I go forward.

IMG_04122021_153742_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

brit, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  8. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sunday DecemBOAR 5, 2021
    Razor: Star Bar Lather Catcher
    Blade: Gem SS
    Brush: Dragonsbeard
    Soap: Ethos Dragonsbeard V3
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Ethos Dragonsbeard SFS
    Fragrance: Ethos Dragonsbeard EDP
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1124

Sort of a Groundhog Day Shave, software stayed the same but Lather Catcher Sunday in another neighborhood had me change the razor and back to a NOS shedding boar for DecemBoar. Have a great day everyone !

brit, Jayaruh, Electrif and 7 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 5, 2021
    Blackland Sabre Level 1
    Gem PTFE
    Alpha 400
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

brit, Jayaruh, Electrif and 7 others like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 5th December

Stirling Syn 26mm
    Stirling Baker Street
    Schick J3
    NOS Schick Platinum - Dutch ( 2 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

A very nice relaxed Shave with the J3, especially as it was teamed up with a Super Dutch Schick. These oldies are quite pricey but Shave much better than any modern Injector blade.

87B62E96-4647-48B6-AE9F-B139082C555D.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    brit, Jayaruh, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Lady Eversharp K3 Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Lord Chesterfield/Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Lemon & Lime Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Old Spice Fresh Lime After Shave

Untitled.jpg

brit, Jayaruh, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  12. GAW9576

The Gem Damaskeene open comb shaves spectacularly. Williams and Aqua Velva again tonight. The brush is a mixed badger boar in a self made handle. Also some experimenting with a modified hair shaper blade in the Durham.

IMG_05122021_171821_(1250_x_1248_pixel).jpg

13. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 6th December
    RazoRock Plissoft - Speick Stick - General Steel - Feather Pro #3 - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 6, 2021
    Blackland Sabre Level 1
    Gem PTFE
    MrEE LE #004
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

15. GAW9576

Just a quick and gentle clean-up this morning. Didn't have time to play much with the photography today either.

IMG_06122021_070651_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

SlimGem, clint64, Dave in KY and 7 others like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 6th December

RR Syn 22mm
    Cyril Salter Solid soap
    PAL Injectomatic
    NOS Schick S/S - Dutch ( 3 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Though I have not used the PAL for months, I had no problems getting a smooth and trouble free Shave. The PAL is normally an aggressive Razor, but when teamed up with this Dutch blade delivers an ultra close finish with ease.

67996FBF-392E-4898-A1ED-4F4E50C01F94.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    SlimGem, clint64, Dave in KY and 7 others like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Dec 6th 2021

Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf(Pearless model 17 nib S.B) Excellent mid range, well designed and manufactured, a little smoother than the MMOC with the extra 5 nibs for my self & I get excellent shaves usually with this model.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, Great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice barber shop scent with excellent lather qualities. RR version of Floyd blue after shave.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturising lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my MMCP with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

MPF9, SlimGem, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor

Menthol Monday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Shave Soap
    Jayaruh 423 2-band Badger
    Christy Safety Razor
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub

The Proraso Green Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 423 2-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Christy Safety Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I used Humphrey's Witch Hazel while I cleaned up, then I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, SlimGem, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  19. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Tuesday DecemBOAR 7, 2021
    Razor: Micromatic (Bumpless)
    Blade: sChick Injector
    Brush: Fluffy Industries Copper/Maggard 70/30 Mixed
    Soap: Stirling Carmichael
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Avon Leather
    Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1126

Another offering by Stirling on BF and I see it is now sold out. Here is the scent description on the site:

This scent is very sensual with notes of leather, vanilla, and powder up front. It is perfect for day or night. All together, it has top notes of green tea, bergamot, and rose, a woody middle of sandalwood, cedar, and jasmine, and a base of leather, vanilla, amber, musk, and oakmoss. Inspired by Bvlgari Black

Yep, there's a lot going on in this. It's a nice blending of everything together and pleasant albeit a little light to me but there none the less. Typical great and copious was whipped from the Fluffy Industries Copper with the Maggards Badger/Boar mix knot. This thing feels so soft I question whether there is boar in it but I remember when I first got it and felt all the prickliness of it. so glad I kept at it and added it to this Special to me handle.

There had been talk of the Micromatic and using an Injector blade which I've read before but haven't done myself. In the name of science I did this morning and got a gloriously smooth shave. I may be off my rocker......................well that's a given but it felt smooth to me than the Gem SS. Nice option for the MM I'll remember. Have a terrific day everyone !

IMG_20211206_213532169_HDR.jpg

Jayaruh, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #423 Two-band Badger
    Christy
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #423 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Christy Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel and Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, GAW9576, Ron R and 4 others like this.