Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 7, 2021
    Blackland Sabre Level 1
    Gem PTFE
    Thäter Synthetic
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

SlimGem, GAW9576, Dave in KY and 6 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 7th December- Tabac Tuesday

I was looking forward to this Shave, thinking that the excellent Tabac lather would assist The PAL Injectomatic deliver a great finish. However, the Shave was interrupted by telephone calls so was cut short and the finish mediocre.

25581D68-CF03-4B89-844F-CFFA57C3914B.jpeg

SlimGem, clint64, jluc and 7 others like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue Dec7th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic or MMOC, Mfg 1930-41, best design for rigidity Gem put into a razor(rack & pinion), midrange, excellent razor to use when blade count gets high IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice vanilla mild Tabaco scent scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 22 mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, designed to scrub with short loft + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD, Dec 7, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, Electrif, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a great shave with the Schick C1 today. Such a fantastic razor. I've really been enjoying the Williams and Aqua Velva combination too. The Zenith Boar brush is breaking in nicely and the copper is developing a nice patina.
    I'm curious which of the two pictures people like better. The darker or the brighter.

IMG_07122021_185315_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg IMG_07122021_185345_(1400_x_1400_pixel).jpg

ewk, SlimGem, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 8th December
    Zenith 507 - OSP UKWSS Herb Garden - Ever Ready Natural Angle Featherweight - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Lea Classic AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 8th December

Omega 11126 boar
    Williams Mug soap
    PAL Injectomatic
    NOS Schick S/S - Dutch ( 5 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

After a poor interrupted Shave yesterday this was a good one. I was able today to concentrate on the Shave, and was rewarded with a very satisfying close all round finish .

06D5A959-2BA3-4B80-91F5-C382CD2C2ECE.jpeg

Jayaruh, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 8, 2021
    Blackland Sabre Level 1
    Gem PTFE
    Semogue Boar
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh 423 2-band Badger
    Christy
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 423 2-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Christy Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel and Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  9. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 9, 2021
    Blackland Sabre Level 1
    Gem PTFE
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

SRQShaver, Jayaruh, SlimGem and 7 others like this.
  11. Electrif

Friday 10th December
    Jayaruh 289 - OSP Bay Rum - Ever Ready Natural Angle Heavy Flat Top - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

SRQShaver, Jayaruh, SlimGem and 6 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 10, 2021
    Blackland Sabre Level 1
    Gem PTFE
    Thäter Boar
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

SRQShaver, Jayaruh, SlimGem and 7 others like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, December 10th, 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm, excellent tame mid range, good design, top cap needs to be manually aligned to safety bar, excellent shave results and very enjoyable to operate IMO. No issues, assemble and disassemble over a wash cloth because head parts are small & works the best IMO.
    Blade: Schick Proline p30 AC 50mm, sharp & Smooth with reasonable longevity. Great blade.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender [​IMG], nice masculine scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, luxurious scrub feel + excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturising lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur + a Schick P30.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

SRQShaver, Jayaruh, SlimGem and 6 others like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 11, 2021
    Blackland Sabre Level 2
    Gem PTFE
    Shavemac Beagle
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

SRQShaver, Ron R, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 10th Dec

RR 400 SE- Plissoft
    La Toja
    Schick Type F
    NOS Schick -Dutch ( 5 )
    La Toja A/S

I must somehow have spoiled the blade while not in use, a really harsh and uncomfortable Shave. Rather glad when I finished rather prematurely.

9F194E35-E9CF-4FEE-9B40-631CD47A5B24.jpeg

SRQShaver, Ron R, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 11th Dec

Stirling Syn 26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    Schick Type I1
    Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 4 )
    P & B Spitfire A/S splash

After an abysmal Shave yesterday today was a delight, smooth and comfortable and I had no trouble getting a rather Face Stroking finish.

9C8A549A-8F67-4208-BF54-753CB8AFC9A9.jpeg

17. Electrif

Sunday 12th December
    Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Rosemary & Peppermint - GEM/Ever Ready Push Button - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    sos211212.JPG Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #423 Two-band Badger
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher
    Star Wedge
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC

The Musgo Real Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #423 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher Razor with a Star Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel and Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    SRQShaver, MPF9, Electrif and 5 others like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 12, 2021
    Blackland Sabre Level 2
    Gem PTFE
    Omega EVO Synthetic
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

SRQShaver, MPF9, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Dec 12th 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent adjustable, well built, nice range + the best Schick injector for all the previous range settings to reach mostly IMO. Happy shave this morning.
    Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (3) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside, nice mild scent, with excellent lather qualities, easy & very nice creamy lather this one produces.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm rainbow with brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Very gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector with a Personna coated injector blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, SRQShaver, clint64 and 5 others like this.