Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #340 Two-band Badger
    Schick M Adjustable
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Colgate Mug Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #340 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable Razor (7) with a Schick Proline B20 Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 9th July

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    P & B Citra Royale
    Schick "O" Clone
    Schick S/S Twin - Japan [ 5 ]
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

One thing is sure, even if you have a great Razor /Blade combo a good Shave is never 100 % guaranteed. Today because I obviously was not concentrating I got a somewhat patchy Shave totally unlike the ones I have been getting all week. Will have one more tomorrow with The "O" Clone before moving on to an N3.

IMG_1556.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Nice! I'd like to have one of those! And there's a 3D printed adjustable DE I've seen on Thingiverse that I want as well. I talked to the guy that has the Frugal Shave shop on Etsy, about printing the DE for me. He said $45 shipped. So I should ask him about this SE as well. Are the SE files online for me to link him to?

GAW9576 and SlimGem like this.
  4. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

The adjustable DE is probably my design. It's a very comfortable razor. Here's a link to all my free files https://www.thingiverse.com/rogerquin/designs

GAW9576 and Electrif like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri, July 9th 2021

Razor: Gem Clog Pruf(Peerless model 17nib SB) Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, smooth & comfortable, excellent design & built to last.
    Blade: Kai Protouch modified (2) Excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity, a little pricey compared to Gem SS PTFE blade. Gem coated tends to have better longevity from my experience but the Protouch is a smoother shave for the first couple of shaves IMO. Gem coated blades will shave closer because of its proven sharpness, Kai Protouch reaches a nice shave regardless.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood, nice sandal wood scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Aquarius 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, good scrub + great lather painter. Seems like Yaqi tried to imitate a 2 band badger feel IMO. Great brush with a lot of effort to jam the handle with sea setting articles.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Clog Pruf with a Kai Protouch modified.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Very nice Roger, Gem had a lot of engineers trying different methods to make a Gem adjustable razor and you came out with a working model in a couple of days. Time seems to moving really fast with new technology's. Great idea and to put your adjustable into a working model is unique!
    025_zps53313514 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

7. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

GAW9576, jmudrick, brit and 1 other person like this.
  8. SlimGem

Thank you! That Gem Adjustable looks amazing! Being able to go from an idea on the computer screen to a fully working plastic razor and not getting your hands dirty is almost like cheating compared to the hundred-year-old methods. It is my strong opinion that the engineers and machinists of yesteryears created some of the best crafted and most beautiful razors. And they probably will outlive many of today's mass-produced razors. Our collections are a testament to that.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  9. SlimGem

IAmTheJody, GAW9576 and jmudrick like this.
  10. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Are the stl files available for the razor ? I looked but couldn't find that razor anywhere..... Thanks

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  11. SlimGem

Sorry, files are not available yet.

GAW9576 likes this.
  12. SlimGem

07-10-2021
    Pre-shave: Warm water
    Soap: Cella
    Brush: #375 Synthetic - Handmade by @Jayaruh
    Razor: Wilkinson Pall Mall
    Post-shave: Old Spice - Classic
    P1040918 (2)m.JPG

13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 19th July

RR 400. SE- Plissoft noir
    P & B Spitfire
    Schick "O" Clone
    Schick S/S Twin [ 6 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Made up for yesterdays poor Shave, did not really spend extra time but concentrated on getting it right.

IMG_1557.jpg

14. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 10th July
    Yaqi Moka Express - Haslinger Honig - General Brass - Schick Proline P #7 - Brut Attraction Totale A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #340 Two-band Badger
    Schick M Adjustable
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Colgate Mug Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #340 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable Razor with a Schick Proline B20 Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. jaro

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it a lot...

17. jaro

Please Let me know if and when they are available.. Thank You.

18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Great early model. Some of my very favorite wedge razors. The craftsmanship is second to none.

GAW9576, Ron R and SlimGem like this.
  19. SlimGem

Agree. The machining that went into these Wilkinsons is really something to be admired.

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sat, July 10th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic OC- Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid range, well built, l enjoy this very popular razor in it's glory days 1930's.
    Blade: Kai Protouch MG modified (3)- I enjoy experimenting with this blade in my Schick injectors and only my Gem Micromatics + Yaqi Excalibur 1st Version & 50mm folding Shavette.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood. nice sandal wood scent, it has great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel +Ogallala aftershave with sandalwood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my MMOC with a modified Kai protouch.
    SE SOTD, Thur, July 10th 2021 (Protouch blade).jpg

Have some great shaves!