Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 16th Dec.

Cyril Salter MS. ED2BAND
    MWF
    Claymore Evolution
    Kai Pink ( 5 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S

Needed a good Shave today, taking friend to her sisters funeral as she cannot drive. A good choice as very clean shaven with ease.

F1FEA91D-565D-4DED-A2BA-AD47051D462C.jpeg

2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a fantastic shave this morning with the Schick G that I made a custom handle for. This razor is more efficient than my other G by a fair bit. The Mer Shaving Fougère Orange leathered well with the RazoRock boar and paired well with the scent of the Lucky Tiger.

IMG_17122021_094225_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg IMG_17122021_094240_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick Custom Type G Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Semogue Excelsior Boar Brush
    Cella Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Aqua Velva Musk After Shave

Untitled.jpg

4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 18th December
    Zenith 506 - OSP Dark Matter - Ever Ready 1924 - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

5. GAW9576

I like the bullet case handle.

6. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I just recently acquired a pristine Schick Type N injector. There's just something about injectors and SEs in general that works better than anything else for me. I think it comes down to the more rigid blade that is held at a shallower angle which promotes slicing the hair rather than scraping it. That's my entirely unscientific explanation at least.

I used a new yellow Schick blade along with Stirling Gentleman lather and aftershave, which are my favorite at the moment. I've almost used up these samples and I will definitely be buying the full-sized items.

The end result was a near-effortless BBS shave with almost zero irritation and no nicks. I honestly wonder sometimes why I ever use anything else. I guess it's the challenge of trying to equal my success with SEs. Happy shaves!

SOTD_2021-12-18_Schick-Type-N.jpg

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

The N is a very good Razor but performs best with a Twin Blade, so try one and you will be amazes.

SRQShaver, GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 19th Dec

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    P & B Citra Royale
    Occams Enoch
    Kai Pink ( 3 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Somehow managed not to post Fri/Sat Shaves. Fri with Raster V3 not bad, Sat with Occams Enoch was good. Today with The Enoch very good, compared with the Oren more of a Razor than a camping tool. Extremely pleased with the quality finish attained without any fuss.

2D2CEE76-8ACE-49A6-9101-A612924734E6.jpeg

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday injector shave, Dec 19th 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021, tame mid range, great design, use a wash cloth underneath when assembling small head parts, this is as small as razor head should be and still give excellent results. Very nice to work my face & basically carefree shaving. I seem to get the shave I like 98% of the time with this razor + handle & blade combination.
    Blade: Schick proline P30, excellent blade, sharp & smooth with 6 great shaves per blade it averages for myself for longevity!
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 22 mm Sagrada Familia 2band badger, this is a nice brush to work the face IMO, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips with a nice display, nice scrub, great lathe painter + not a lather hog.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(Balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur 50mm + a Schick P30.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

10. GAW9576

I had an excellent shave today with the J.A. Henckels RAPIDE razor and a 13th use Gem SS PTFE. Vintage Williams was whipped up with a 70/30 Badger Boar Brush and a splash of Aqua Velva finished things off. Today's watch is the Seiko SNZH55 on a Eluit Perlon strap.

IMG_19122021_153323_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

Jayaruh, jluc, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  11. Kevinwine85

Kevinwine85 Well-Known Member

Shave of the day, Sunday 12-19-2021!
    Vintage Gem with gem blade, Courtesy of Mike, @Old School!! Thank you. Col. Conk natural soap. Yaqi 24 mm synthetic brush. And finished up with witch hazel!! 20211219_143621.jpg

Jayaruh, Ron R, Electrif and 6 others like this.
  12. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Enjoy! I found they shave ok out of the gate...a different angle than a DE for sure! Some getting use to it and I think you'll like them.

13. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 20th December
    Anbbas Tux - OSP Orange & Patchouli - GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, MPF9, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  14. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Monday DecemBOAR 20, 2021
    Razor: Gem Micromatic
    Blade: Vintage Gem Reversible
    Brush: Graydog/Synbad
    Soap: Ethos Succès
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Ethos Succès SFS
    Fragrance: Ethos Succès EDP
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1139

IMG_20211219_184613237_HDR.jpg

Jayaruh, MPF9, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Dec 20th 2021

Razor: Gem Damaskeene open comb 1912- Mfg 1912-17, the real McCoy, Well built for generations, tame mid range, excellent shaving with a fairly fresh blade. One of my better razors in my harem of razors.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Brush: Yaqi Tailcoat 24mm synthetic, 1st use, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Silky smooth shave with my Gem Damaskeene OC 1912 with a coated SS Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, jluc, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  16. GAW9576

Another great shave with vintage Williams today. The Williams lathered up easily with the little Omega boar brush. A 14th use Gem SS PTFE was loaded in the Gem Damaskeene OC. This is a fantastic razor and the blade is still going strung. Thayers aftershave balm and Aqua Velva Musk finalized the splendid shave.

IMG_20122021_160418_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, jluc and 3 others like this.
  17. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I recently acquired a 60s style GEM Contour and had my first shave with it today. I had been told that it is a mild razor so I was thinking it would be like a Push Button or Feather Weight, and, while it isn't totally dissimilar, I find the handle on the Contour more comfortable than those others. I used Col. Conk Amber as a pre-shave and applied some Proraso Sensitive cream directly to my cheeks. I whipped up a very thick lather quickly with the PAA Atomic Rocket, almost a bit too thick honestly. I had to add a good bit of water to it so it would loosen up a bit.

The Contour had a PTFE Stainless blade on its third use loaded and I had a very nice three-pass shave which ended in a solid BBS. The alum, Clubman, and Nivea Sensitive balm all helped smooth and soothe my skin and I am writing this feeling refreshed and satisfied.

2021-12-20_GEM_Contour.resized.jpg

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 21st December

Omega 11126 boar
    Hampshire Wool Fat
    Hiram Commander 2dot
    Schick Proline ( 6 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion.

A very nice Shave considering there was two days heavy growth to deal with. One really has to let the weight work for you and exert minimum pressure, and without rushing I was able to get a Top Notch finish. I brought this Razor because it reminded me of a King Cobra which I had sold on, this is so much better for me.

3ADCAAEC-8BB0-4E4A-B8E9-93E11D499C26.jpeg

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, Electrif and 5 others like this.
  19. GAW9576

Ever-Ready 1924 little lather catcher today with a 15th use Gem SS PTFE. The Colonel Conk lime was whipped up with the Zenith Boar with ease. Thayer aftershave balm and Lucky Tiger finished things off nicely. The 1924 Ever-Ready is a fantastic razor and this Gem blade is still going strong.

IMG_21122021_100759_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, Electrif and 4 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor SOTD, Dec 21st, 2021

Razor: Everready British 1912 model- Mfg 1936-53, excellent mid range, excellent design, a fairly carefree shave + a joy to use.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavada, nice mild lavender scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Mysterious space 24mm Silvertip badger- excellent lather generator, Heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent Silky smooth shave with my Everready 1912 with a coated Gem blade.(It don't get much better IMO.)
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.