Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 22nd December
    Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Fougere - GEM Micromatic OC - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Williams Wednesday- 22nd December

Stirling Syn 26mm
    Williams Mug soap
    ES Claymore V1
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 2 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

The original Claymore is a real heavyweight and I find that this handle allows me to handle it quite securely.I have recently started to use it with a guarded blade, which reduces the likelihood of mishap during a Shave without increasing overall Shave Time. Very pleased with the quality of finish today.

04BEAB88-E1B5-4D36-83EF-BBD97B26D696.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    Jayaruh, Dave in KY, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  3. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Pre-shave: Col. Conk Amber
    Lather: Cella
    Brush: Vintage something with a synthetic knot
    Razor: GEM Micromatic OC
    Blade: PAL Blue Carbon
    Post-shave: Nivea Sensitive balm

Thus far, I have only shaven with Personna GEM PTFE blades which are usually very smooth. I decided to try a few different types of blades, just to see how they perform. I went with the PAL Blue Carbon today. It cut alright for the most part but was definitely way tuggier than a PTFE. I went with it and finished a three-pass shave achieving a DFS- result. I'm going to try this blade one more time to see if it mellows out but I'm not holding out much hope. Oh well. It was worth trying. Happy shaves!

SOTD_2021-12-23.jpeg

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  4. Electrif

Friday 24th December
    Yaqi Red Marble - OSP Spice Road - GEM Micromatic OC - GEM Stainless Coated #9 - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri, December 24th 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, nice shaves I receive from this razor, small head parts and I like to work them over a wash cloth for easy assembly.
    Blade: Schick proline P30(6 tossed), Sharp & smooth with some longevity, AC blades usually last about 6 and tossed for myself.
    Soap: Razorock XXX, nice mild clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm colorful Mysterious space wolf whiskers. New addition, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post Shave: Razorock XXX AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30 blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, MPF9 and 2 others like this.
  6. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Christmas Day Shave

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
    Officina Artigiana
    Occams V1
    Feather Proguard ( 6 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S

A very pleasant Shave with a nice finish. Hoping that you all have some quality time over the next few Days.

57AD7E82-FC4D-42EF-8090-6A999E18925B.jpeg

GAW9576, SRQShaver, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  8. Electrif

Sunday 26th December
    Yaqi Robin - Old Spice Original - Ever Ready Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    A newly acquired ER lather catcher was won on eBay late in November. The Yaqi brush was delivered about the same time. Then my lovely wife decided to wrap them up as part of my Xmas gift.
    I'm so happy for my first run out, especially with a razor I've been coveting for a long time.

MPF9, GAW9576, SRQShaver and 4 others like this.
  9. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sunday DecemBoar 26, 2021
    Razor: Clark's Improved King
    Blade: Gem
    Brush: Star 566/Boti Boar
    Soap: PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: CHH Tobacco
    Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1145

IMG_20211225_205737495_HDR.jpg

GAW9576, SRQShaver, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #395
    C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher
    Heljestrand Wedge
    CWR
    Florida Water Cologne

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher Razor with a Heljestrand Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, GAW9576, SRQShaver and 4 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, December 26th 2021

Razor: Schick injector G type, Canadian Variant- Manufactured in the 1940-50's, black handled, mid range, very nice razor for a seasoned shaver, I enjoy the E & G type injectors and they are very similar in performance.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(7) excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- nice masculine lavender scent + excellent lather qualities. Very seldom get cuts or weepers from lavender soaps and not sure why other excellent protection it offers.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm silver tip badger [​IMG] excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrub, excellent painter and does this brush blooms nicely when towel dried gently.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm)+ scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick injector G type with a Personna blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, Electrif, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  12. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Pre-shave: Col. Conk Amber
    Lather: Cella
    Brush: Vintage something with a synthetic knot
    Razor: Micromatic Open Comb
    Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless (5)
    Post-shave: Nivea Sensitive balm

SOTD_2021-12-26.jpg

My last GEM shave was with a PAL Blue Carbon blade and was anything but comfortable. It was close and I only had one small nick which was completely my fault however, there was a ton of irritation for several hours post-shave.

This time I return to my trusty PTFE blade and got an almost perfect shave. I have a few tiny patches of stubble that weren't worth irritating my neck but otherwise, I'm as smooth as I can be. No nicks and the tiniest bit of irritation along the jawline, which is the norm for me.

I can't say enough good things about SE shaving, of any kind. If you haven't tried an injector, GEM, or Artist Club razor, you really should. Maybe just borrow one from a friend but give it a shot. Happy shaves everyone!

Jayaruh, Ron R, jluc and 3 others like this.
  13. GAW9576

Ever-Ready lather catcher with a Gem SS PTFE on its 17th use. Wow this blade just keeps going.
    Vintage Williams on a boar brushmade a great lather and Aqua Velva for the finishing touch. What's not to like?

IMG_26122021_210055_(1099_x_1100_pixel).jpg

Jayaruh, SRQShaver, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Boxing Day- 26th December

Jayaruh Syn No67
    P & B Pall Mall
    RR Hawk V3 A plate
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 7 )
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

A quiet Day today as on our own once son goes to GF. So I had all the time in the World to have a leisurely Shave, especially as Mrs M was watching Guys & Dolls ( again).I was rewarded a supremely close all round finish.

5888047F-7F40-40AE-8985-309119675206.jpeg

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Dec27th, 2021

Razor: Gem G bar, Mfg 1955-58, nice tame mid range, I get some nice shaves with this razor, easy carefree shaving when technique is dialed in. The chrome application they put on this razor is excellent for the amount of years of usage.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood, great sandal wood scent, excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Artic Sky knot, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel face cleanse +Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood [​IMG] + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem G bar + a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, jluc and 3 others like this.
  16. GAW9576

The leading roles in today's shave were played by the Ever-Ready 1909 and an 18th use Gem SS PTFE. Supporting roles were played by Wickham Irish Fern, a Zenith Boar brush, Thayers witch hazel aftershave balm and Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegital.

IMG_27122021_150648_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

Jayaruh, Dave in KY, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  17. Electrif

Tuesday 28th December
    Yaqi Robin - Palmolive - Ever Ready Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #2 w/Shim - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 28th December

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Occams Oren 3dot
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 4 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Had to Shave today as I am not keen on missing more than a day, as my growth is quite intense. I tend to use soaps like MWF or Vitos Red when clearing 2 days growth as they are so dependable. With a great MWF lather and no rush,I ensured all stubble was removed leaving my skin soft and refreshed.

A8662ABB-210E-4340-BD27-82C010E7016E.jpeg

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD. Dec 28th 2021

Razor: Valet Auto-strop, Canadian variant-Mfg 1920's-1930's, interesting tame mid range razor for its time period, this model works well with a Feather FHS-10 blade because the blade still fits the proprietary clamp system. Nice razor once in while for a morning shave. Daughters Christmas gift.
    Blade: Feather FHS-10, sharp and smooth with terrible longevity IMO, 2 shaves then tossed for myself.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream, great sandal wood scent, with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Orbital ring boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end hair tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood+ a dollop of CeraVe Moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my 1930's Valet auto strop with a Feather FHS-10 blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

20. GAW9576

I couldn't get the site to load yesterday, and I tried many times. Anyway here is yesterday's shave.
    Star 1900, 19th use Gem SS PTFE, Tabac, a Zenith 80N, Thayers and Aqua Velva Musk came together for a great shave.

IMG_28122021_103826_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg