Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Jan 3rd, 2022, ASRazor shave this morning & a very good shave.

Razor: Everready 1914- MFG 1914-17, 1st Gen blade stops, excellent mid range, great audio feed back, just a joy to use and feeling some history to different times.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum, sage & cedarwood. nice scent of Bayrum with some clove + great lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm boar bristle Ferrari handle, excellent lather generator, soft spilt end hair bristle, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel face cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Everready 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

SRQShaver, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    SlimGem Synthetic
    Taipan 3D SE Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Taipan 3D SE Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SRQShaver, Ron R, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  3. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Razor: Schick J
    Blade: sChick
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm badger
    Soap: Saponifico Varesino 70th Ann.
    A/S: Proraso magical green goodness
    IMG_20220103_201821521.jpg
    Very first use of the Schick J. I have a preference for short handles, but I appreciate when longer handles are well designed. This one is balanced perfectly, the ribbed handle feels secure, and guided me to a nice shave. I appreciate the 1950s aura that this style razor exudes, from the shiny head with crown emblem to the cream colored perfectly shaped handle. I achieved a shade below BBS shave, but required 3 passes plus touch ups to get there. No weepers or irritation. An excellent shave tonight.

SRQShaver, Jayaruh, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a Magnificent Micromatic Monday makeup shave today. I didn't Sha e yesterday so I went with the Micromatic Clog-Pruf Peerless and was rewarded with a fantastic smooth easy shave. Today's watch is the Casio World Time.

IMG_04012022_100127_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

MPF9, SRQShaver, SlimGem and 3 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue, Jan 4th, 2021

Razor: Everready 1924,(AKA shovel head)- mfg 1924-33, mid range, well constructed razor, loads from the back, usually a enjoyable shave. Handle is from a Eveready Streamliner strop, great grip and just works well with this razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7)- very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, pleasant mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm lucky dice Tuxedo knot+ Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Everready 1924 with a coated Gem.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Dave in KY, MPF9, SRQShaver and 5 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    SlimGem Synthetic
    Taipan 3D SE Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Taipan 3D SE Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Ron R, MPF9, SRQShaver and 4 others like this.
  7. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 5th January
    Yaqi Robin - Hampshire Woolfat No2 - 3D SE Adjustable 'C' plate (Aggressive) - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Ron R, MPF9, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    SlimGem Synthetic
    Taipan 3D SE Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Mennen Skin Bracer AS

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Taipan 3D SE Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Mennen Skin Bracer AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Ron R, MPF9, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  9. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Wednesday Injector Shave

Razor: Schick M
    Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Cities from Space
    Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Varen
    A/S: Brut

IMG_20220105_201857071.jpg

Ron R, Electrif, jluc and 3 others like this.
  10. GAW9576

Vintage Williams and Aqua Velva along with the Pal adjustable made for a quick and easy shave today. I was actually digging for my Schick M adjustable but found the Pal first and realized I hadn't used it in a while. I'll have to search a bit more tomorrow and find the M.

IMG_05012022_171949_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

Dave in KY, Ron R, Electrif and 3 others like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shave Stick
    SlimGem Synthetic
    Taipan 3D SE Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Mennen Skin Bracer AS

The Arko Shave Stick lathered well with the SlimGem Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Taipan 3D SE Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Mennen Skin Bracer AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Dave in KY, Ron R, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 5th January

Jayaruh Syn No67
    P & B Citra Royale
    RR Hawk V3-OC Plate
    Kai CT Protouch MG ( 5 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Not the nicest of Shaves today as my face was extremely dry and the Razor felt very harsh and quite uncomfortable.

FC5963CA-01E6-42A7-A93C-F81FE7A2357A.jpeg

Dave in KY, jluc, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 6th January

Omega 11137 boar
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 3 )
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Though my skin is still quite dry today’s Shave was much more comfortable , and the quality of finish not bad at all.

98F499DB-7F2F-499E-BA47-87B85B646A13.jpeg

14. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 7th January
    ArtSecret Synth - Hampshire Woolfat No3 - Raptor SE V2 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shave Stick
    SlimGem Synthetic
    Taipan 3D SE Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Mennen Skin Bracer AS

The Arko Shave Stick lathered well with the SlimGem Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Taipan 3D SE Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Mennen Skin Bracer AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Dave in KY, jluc, Electrif and 4 others like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri, Jan7th 2022

Razor: Yaqi Katana, Mfg 2020>upper mid range, nice blade feel, snapping a blade in half and placing it in half in this razor is not the easiest, should half a small magnet or alignment pins to help secure blade while tightening handle IMO. Work over a wash cloth seems to help, I finally figured a way for me to install half blades in this razor a little more easily. Head up laying on wash cloth and semi loose and tap head and tighten & then do a visual to confirm. Very inexpensive when I bought head on sale and wanted to try it out.
    Handle seems reasonable but not the best grip, does feel good in hand because it is short.
    Blade: Personna red(2) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Soap: Tabac, nice mild flowery scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(Balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Yaqi Katana SE with a 1/2 Personna red blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Dave in KY, Jayaruh, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  17. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Friday Injector Shave

Razor: Parker (v.2)
    Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Cities in Space
    Soap: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud
    A/S: Royall Spyce
    IMG_20220107_103226793.jpg
    First outing with the modern Parker injector (v. 2). Nice & smooth. Wholly Kaw makes an amazing shave soap. Paired perfectly with Royall Spyce. Have a great weekend y'all.

18. GAW9576

I had a fantastic shave today with the Schick M dial adjustable. This is one great razor. I also used the Franken razor made from a TNNSER 3D and a Durham handle for the back of my neck. I usually can't get a proper angle no matter how I contort. The odd head angle on this little beast was nearly perfect for the job though. The brush is a mixed Badger, Boar from Maggard razors in a handle I made.

IMG_07012022_130101_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg IMG_07012022_130133_(900_x_900_pixel).jpg

Dave in KY, jluc, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

.Fri 7th January

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
    MWF
    RR Hawk V3- OC plate
    Feather Proguard ( 1 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Still with a dry skin I chose the MWF as it provides great lather and moisturises the skin. With a fresh blade The Hawk delivered a very comfortable Shave with a good quality finish.

3E68CDCC-1095-43EB-88B9-F4210198D50F.jpeg

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shave Stick
    SlimGem Synthetic
    Taipan 3D SE Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Mennen Skin Bracer AS

Dave in KY, MPF9, jluc and 4 others like this.