Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 29th January

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
    P & B Spitfire
    Schick Type F
    Schick S/S Single Japan ( 1 )
    P & B Spitfire A/S splash

Though quite mild the Type F is an extremely tactile Razor, so one does not notice the extra time needed to get a really close finish.

D8DA9A23-620D-41AB-A2F2-EED139E42AC0.jpeg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, brit and 4 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Palmolive Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #41 Two-band badger
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Palmolive Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, brit, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 30th 2022

Razor: Schick adjustable M3, Mfg 1970-72, very well built design, works well, it could be classified as a unisex razor because of handle length. I get close shaves on the lower setting with a 2 pass shave with touch ups.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (5) excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity + predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild lavender scent with other mild fragrances + excellent lather qualities.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Brush: Yaqi 2band badger with very good ergonomic handle, 1st badger bought in 2021, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 blemish weepers= Excellent shave with my Schick adj M3 with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, brit, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  4. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Sunday Evening Injector Shave

Razor: Parker Injector
    Blade: sChick
    Brush: Trotter Handcrafts - Cities From Space
    Soap: Stirling Soap Co. -- Bay Rum
    A/S: Homemade Bay Rum splash
    IMG_20220130_192416443.jpg

jimjo1031, Electrif, brit and 4 others like this.
  5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Thank you. The dinner was fantastic.

IMG_30012022_213644_(1050_x_788_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  6. GAW9576

A quick shave with the Ever-Ready 1909 today.

IMG_30012022_171922_(1050_x_1049_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 31st January

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    Officina Artigiana
    PAL Adjustable Injector
    Schick S/S Single Japan ( 2 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

A great relaxed Sunday Shave, with what I consider to be the best Injector confined to the use of a single blade.
    Very smooth with minimal blade feel, but with ease delivers a consistent close all round finish.

8299521B-B507-4421-9545-6CBB4B0EF781.jpeg

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  8. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 31st January
    Virginia Sheng Synth - OSP Sandalwood - Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, brit, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lemongrass Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #424 Synthetic
    Ever-Ready 1924
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The TSD Iced Lemongrass Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready 1924 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    jimjo1031, brit, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  10. GAW9576

I tried a Kampfe Star wedge blade in my Gem Jr. Bar today. It ended up being extremely mild. I switched to a Gem SS PTFE after the first pass. The Arko with Sterling frost drops exploded into mountains of lather with the SHD Badger brush. Pinaud Clubman aftershave lotion seems to be my wife's favorite scent, at least of what I have right now. So it was a easy choice.

IMG_31012022_083952_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg IMG_31012022_083932_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, brit and 4 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Jan 31st 2022

Razor: Gem junior Parade 1912 with baton handle-Mfg 1943 variant, excellent mid range, easy carefree shave, baton tapered handle is a very comfortable handle and a joy to use this model.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, nice mild Bayrum scent(old version) + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot, 1st brush I bought from Yaqi and loved it from day 1 of use(2.5 yrs ago), Great lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel soap cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem jr Parade with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 31st January

Cyril Salter. MS ED2band
    Vitos Super Red
    Schick I1
    Schick S/S Twin Japan ( 6 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

The compact I1 works superbly with a Twin Blade, and I had no problems getting a close all round finish.

83F35EF2-25BD-4F05-A06C-72EE29B0AE05.jpeg

jimjo1031, GAW9576, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Oooh! I love that white handle. I don't remember ever seeing one before.

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  14. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Monday Evening Injector Shave

Razor: Schick J
    Blade: sChick (9)
    Brush: WCS Synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Soap Co. -- Eucalyptus Mint
    A/S: Proraso green
    IMG_20220131_201847343.jpg

jimjo1031, GAW9576, bartje-p and 4 others like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

The Black one is less common and I really would like one, but could cost $50 + customs

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  16. bartje-p

bartje-p New Member

[​IMG]

Lovely #tabactuesday shave with an I2 Hydro-Magic paired with a Proline B blade.

jimjo1031, GAW9576, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac
    Jayaruh #424 Synthetic
    Ever-Ready 1924
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready 1924 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, GAW9576, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue, Feb1st, 2022

Razor: Gem G bar- Mfg 1955-58, excellent tame mid range, care free shave this morning mostly. Well built razor with excellent chroming IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, nice mild scent of Bayrum + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi "ever-helpful" 22 mm 2 band badger- designed for soft tip scrubbing IMO with the short loft, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + good painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Witch hazel cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, MPF9, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  19. GAW9576

Gem Push Button with a fresh Gem SS PTFE today.

IMG_01022022_203026_(1248_x_1250_pixel).jpg

20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 1st February

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    Cyril Salter Solid soap
    Schick N3
    Schick S/S Twin Japan ( 6 )
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Of the long handled Schicks that I have used this is my favourite with a Twin Blade. A very smooth Shave with a trouble free close finish.

2FE20E1A-B86D-4D2C-A94B-8A17C58D6F6B.jpeg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh and Electrif like this.