Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave

[​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #433
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #433 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Cobra Classic Razor with a Feather Professional Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, palmolive fox, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thanx, too kind!!!

Tdmsu and GAW9576 like this.
  3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I went camping for a few days and am playing catch up. This is my most recent shave. I forget what day it was.

Ever-Ready lather catcher on a custom acrylic handle I made. As always the Zenith boar brush worked fantastically. And the Proraso lathered up very well.

IMG_06052022_101351_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, May 6th 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Simple design, tame mid range, easy to work the face, small head parts + a joy to use.
    Blade : Schick proline 50mm p30 (5)- excellent -sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier - nice scent with excellent lather qualities, designed by Artisan Master soap creations SA.
    Brush : Yaqi 24mm black marble handle silver tip- Wahoo did this one bloom on first cleaning, excellent lather generator, heavenly soft pillow like tips + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer rapier AS[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my V2 Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline p30.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

5. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

7th May 2022.

1.jpg

6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 7th May

Omega 11126 boar
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Pro ( 7 )
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Really have neglected Shave, 3 days growth to clear. Quite a bit of initial resistance especially on my RHS. However, by not rushing I managed to avoid mishap and attained a nice close all round finish.

5E77009F-60A2-455F-93A4-5D1678193F52.jpeg

7. Electrif

Saturday 7th May
    Claymore Evo - Feather Pro #4 - Zenith 506 - OSP Sandalwood - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

8. GAW9576

Inspired by several recent posts by @infernalinternal and his awesome 1924 with a Micromatic handle. I purchased 2 damaged Micromatic razors to scavenge handles from. I drilled and tapped them with an internal thread that allows the use of an adapter screw I make. This makes it possible to use the handles with nearly every razor head I have that has a removable handle.

IMG_06052022_231719_(999_x_1000_pixel).jpg IMG_06052022_232043_(1199_x_1200_pixel).jpg

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220507a.JPG
    Saturday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Jayaruh #433
    King Cobra
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #433 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the King Cobra Razor with a Feather Professional Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. palmolive fox

8th May 2022.

2.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s, MPF9, brit and 5 others like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Jayaruh #433
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #433 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, May 8th, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2 type, Canadian Variant- Mfg 1930's-40's NDC, nice design, easy to remove and install blades, light weight, light pressure will reward myself with excellent shaves.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
    Soap : Tabac, nice mild flowery scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi 24mm black marble handle silvertip, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips,
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick E2 Canadian variant with a coated Personna blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

13. Electrif

Monday 9th May
    Claymore Evo - Feather Pro #5 - Yaqi Robin - Hampshire Wool Fat No1 - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #432
    Schick M Adjustable
    Personna Injector
    Osage Rub

The TSD Iced Lime Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #432 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. GAW9576

My Mothers day Micromatic Minute Man Mashup.
    I'm loving the Micromatic handles modified to use on my other razors. The Gem Minute Man is a great razor too.

IMG_09052022_083801_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, May9th 2022

Razor : Micromatic OC- Mfg 1930-41, great upper range, built to last, solid brass with chrome coating, this razor helped Gem Mfg survive through the Great depression.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood- nice Bayrum scent with great lather qualities.(slickness)
    Brush : Yaqi Panda 24mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator , cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Witch hazel beard soap residual cleanse, Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Micromatic + a coated gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves

17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 10th May

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    MWF
    RR Hawk V3 - A plate
    Feather Pro ( 5 )
    Lea Balsam A/S balm

Got a bit wind burnt at the Weekend while officiating, so no Monday Shave. Today had a good pre shave wash with
    glycerine soap, and chose the lanolin based MWF to Shave with. TheShave was not only smooth and comfortable with a good finish but the skin felt refreshed. I finished off with the Lea balm rather than the usual After Shave.

AAFB761B-E50F-4CF6-B126-F24F59244E3F.jpeg

18. Electrif

Wednesday 11th May
    Claymore Evo - Feather Pro #6 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Dark Matter - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

19. GAW9576

Great shave yesterday. The Schick M adjustable is a fantastic razor.

IMG_11052022_081512_(1000_x_999_pixel).jpg

20. palmolive fox