Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a quick one pass cleanup after a long day of driving my family around. My mother in law is in town from Arizona and we are spending 3 days with her. Things went quite well today. Anyway here is the sha e gear.
    Bumpless MMOC, Tabac and a 2 band badger.

IMG_19072021_221211_(1000_x_999_pixel).jpg

SlimGem, Ron R, Tedolph and 5 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    The Brush B-400 by Tom
    Bunny V-3 Injector by Tom
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the B-400 Brush by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the Bunny V-3 Injector Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

[​IMG]

SlimGem, Ron R, brit and 4 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tues 20th July

Cyril Salter/ MS. ED2band
    Lea Classic soap
    TNNSER - 3D
    Gem S/S [ 4 ]
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

I did use this Razor on Sunday, quite glad I did not publish SOTD as apparently had the handle the wrong way round :). However I still had a decent Shave. Today the TNNSER had no problems clearing 2 days growth , and my face is rather squeaky clean.

IMG_1568.jpg

SlimGem, Ron R, brit and 3 others like this.
  4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

I have reduced my collection quite a lot. But Photo below shows the various types I am aware of made in UK.
    1. The one shown in the Clamshell case has a rather Schick like handle, my case and that of Arthur only show it as a PAL Injectomatic, but I have seen the case inscribed " De Luxe".
    2. The ones on the left are sold as PAL Injectomatic, and have a Chrome Head with different coloured collars.
    3. On the right is my favourite- A black one with gilt head, the packaging refers to it as :- Golden PAL injectomatic.Rather regret selling some on, though I am pleased that one did go to Mr Tom White .

IMG_1569.jpg

SlimGem, Ron R, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 20th July
    Alpha Outlaw - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 Lavender & Tea Tree - Rocnel SE-P Open Comb - ½ Nacet Stainless #1 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

SlimGem, Ron R, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    The Brush B-400 by Tom
    Bunny V-3 Injector
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the B-400 Brush by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the Bunny V-3 Injector Razor with a Schick Proline B20 Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, Ron R, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 21st July

Omega 11126 boar
    Williams Mug Soap
    TNNSER - 3D
    Gem S/S [ 5 ]
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion.

Out for a short trip to deal with some family admin.Actually enjoyed the M25 Western, little traffic and the scenery stunning.
    As I get more reacquainted with The TNNSER, I am getting really super Shaves, the finishes as good as those I get with my Oldies.

IMG_1571.jpg

SlimGem, Ron R, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The Schick D was the first injectable Schick razor and provides a stand-out, very smooth shave. They are gold plated and mine has been stripped down to the brass. Nonetheless it was a super enjoyable shave :happy036:

PS - anyone know a good person to replate this beauty?

Hot water preparation
    T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream
    Schick D
    NOS Generic Personna (1)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

2076B512-079C-4AF6-954D-3484AA9B20F6.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

SlimGem, MPF9, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  9. Electrif

Thursday 22nd July
    Yaqi Moka Express - OSP Orange & Patchouli - Rocnel SE-P Open Comb - ½ Nacet Stainless #2 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, SlimGem, jaro and 5 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    CTAPT Shave Cream
    The Brush B-400 by Tom
    TNNSER Original
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The CTAPT Shave Cream lathered well with the B-400 Brush by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER Original Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MicroMatic Monday 3rd AnniverSaRy (July 22)of collecting shaves, thoughts and the odd laugh.

Razor: Gem 1912-Mfg 1921, nice mid range, well built, this one was NOS with the gold wash still in tack.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, nice different scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with a few drops of HA.
    Results: CCS, DFS, BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem 1912 with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    CTAPT Shave Cream
    The Brush B-400 by Tom
    TNNSER Original
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The CTAPT Shave Cream lathered well with the B-400 Brush by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER Original Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, SlimGem, jaro and 4 others like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri, July 23rd 2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur 50mm- Mfg 2021, excellent mid range, 1st 50mm blade razor I owned and its enjoyable with the Kai Protouch. Carefree shave today.
    Blade: Kai Protouch MG(1) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. One of my favorite blades to use, carefree.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, interesting scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm boar bristle- it stopped shedding months ago and it has turned out to be great brush, great lather generator, soft tips , nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea with 2 drops of HA.
    Results: CCS,DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Kai Protouch blade.
    Sunday Schick shave July 23rd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, SlimGem, brit and 4 others like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 23rd July

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    MWF
    ER 1924
    Gem S/S [4 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I think the 1924 is possibly one of the most aggressive Gem powered SE more so than the fabled MMOC. I find that by not rushing and taking short measured strokes I can attain a very excellent close all round finish without any problems.

IMG_1573.jpg

GAW9576, Jayaruh, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    CTAPT Shave Cream
    The Brush B-400 by Tom
    TNNSER Original
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

GAW9576, SlimGem, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 24th July

Cyril Salter / MS. ED2band
    P & B Spitfire
    Ever Ready 1924
    Gem S/S [ 5 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S splash

A relaxed Saturday morning Shave, no rush to get ready to go out officiating today. Another excellent trouble free Shave.

IMG_1575.jpg

brit, GAW9576, SlimGem and 5 others like this.
  17. Electrif

Sunday 25th July
    Yaqi Heavy Metal - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 Lavender & Tea Tree - Stoll Jr 3D Lather Catcher - Gem Stainless Coated #3 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    Celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary with a family meal together.
    Back in 1981 we were married four days before the wedding of Charles and Diana. How things have changed!

brit, MPF9, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  18. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Happy Anniversary....
    I wish you both the best and many more together !!

GAW9576 and Electrif like this.
  19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Happy Anniversary!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brit, GAW9576 and Electrif like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    CTAPT Shave Cream
    The Brush B-400 by Tom
    1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The CTAPT Shave Cream lathered well with the B-400 Brush by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the 1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, MPF9, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.