Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE dual shave, Friday, May 27th 2022. I recently bought a Yaqi Katana SE head on sale and received 2 excellent shaves with this razor and thought I would compare it to my Yaqi V2 Excalibur SE AC 50mm razor that I enjoy using and use it regularly. To be frank about the results for these 2 razors they shave very similar and I'm very pleased with results. I would say they are a tame mid>mid range razors & could be daily drivers for some folks IMO.

Razor :Yaqi Katana SE, Mfg 2021> uses 1/2 DE blade, nice tame mid>mid range, I load the top cap first with half blade and then the base plate and then clamp with fingers and then lightly snug handle and then bump blade with blade box for final alignment works well. No big alignment deal but it could be a little frustrating for some. Very affordable SE razor for folks who are looking for a good inexpensive SE razor to start out with IMO.
    Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> uses AC 50mm blades, tame mid range, unique blade clamping, takes any AC 50mm blade, some manual adjustment of the top cap to safety bar, not a big deal for most folks. Very small head parts to assemble( I work above a wash cloth works well for assembly) but the results are worth the effortless shave in IMO. A very close comfortable shave mostly, more pricier blades than the 1/2 DE blades.
    Blade :Gillette Astra SP half blade (2) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Blade: Schick Pro-line AC 50mm (2)- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Don Marco- nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shaves with my Yaqi Katana & Yaqi V2 Excalibur SE razors with a 1/2 blade Astra + a Schick proline
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 27th May

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Pro ( 5 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Needed a good Shave as attending funeral of fellow club member. An ideal choice- The Evo delivers Top Notch Shaves every time for me.

3F10EE8A-1384-48E2-B72E-B0131601A0B5.jpeg

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #1
    Schick Stick L2
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick Stick L2 Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Yesterday's RAPTOR shave.

IMG_28052022_152230_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

Today's Schick type E shave. Great razor. Zenith Boar with copper handle. One of my favorite brushes.

IMG_28052022_150739_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 28th May

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    Vitos Super Red
    Supply V1/ V2- 3dot
    NOS Schick Platinum- Holland ( 1 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

The Supply is a Razor that I want to love, but never quite gets there Shavewise for me. Now trying it out with a Dutch blade, very smooth with a good close finish up top, but again despite my best efforts not getting the neck area quite right.

83E59C59-E9D5-443B-9950-527C5D773145.jpeg

6. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 29th May
    Rocnel SE-P Open Comb - Euromax Platinum Coated #1 - Yaqi Moka Express - Speick - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

palmolive fox, brit, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #1
    C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher
    Heljestrand Wedge
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher Razor with a Heljestrand Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

palmolive fox, brit, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, May 29th 2022

Razor : Schick adjustable injector, Model3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent adjustable & well made even with the plastic, adjustment dial is placed in the right spot of the razor(out of the lather)- IMO. I get really great shaves on the lower settings I have concluded.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Cyril S Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice great sandalwood scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Artic Sky 24 mm Silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Witch hazel rinse of residual beard soap + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3 with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 29th May

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Lea Classic soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Pro ( 6 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Facing another long day out officiating needed a good Shave. Now my regular choice for such occasions, The Evo delivered another Top Notch Shave.

9095B158-C202-4D07-8016-3DA765BB6B24.jpeg

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #426
    Black Handle Pal Injector
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #426 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Black Handle Pal Injector Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, May30th, 2022, ASRazor shave this morning.

Razor : Gem Feather-weight 1st Generation- Mfg 1950-52 + 2nd Gen 1953-54, excellent tame mid range, Looks cheap to some but the performance is excellent, well thought out 1pc razor, easy to load blades and remove, one of my favorite Gem razors for sure. Weighs 1 OZ but works very well and looks great in my eyes. I would reach for it more often but the other ASR razors are calling for their turn [​IMG].
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely +predictable.
    Soap :Razorock XXX- nice mid range unique clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot,1st brush I purchased from yaqi years ago. Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch hazel(nice clean scent when dried down)+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Feather-weight with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

12. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 31st May
    Yaqi Katana - Euromax Platinum Coated #1 - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Palmolive - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #426
    White Handle Pal Injector
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #426 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the White Handle Pal Injector Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. GAW9576

I had a very enjoyable shave this morning with the Schick N and a twin blade. A&Es The Club, The Novelist is a fantastic soap and lathered well with the custom horn and wood handled boar brush with Oumo knot.

IMG_31052022_100143_(1098_x_1100_pixel).jpg

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Interesting looking handle!

GAW9576 likes this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, May 31st 2022

Razor : Gem G bar or heavy flat top, Mfg 1955-58, mild > tame mid range, If I want a Milder Gem razor this one works for myself, it has a lot of good quality chrome coating to last through the decades and a nice feeling razor in my hand(weight). Comfortable shave this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (4)
    Soap : Razorock XXX, nice unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi barber pole 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 31st May

Omega 11126 boar
    Monsavon au lait
    Schick I1
    Schick S/S Twin Japan ( 8 )

With 2+days growth initial clearance had to be made with short strokes, thus lengthening overall Shave time.
    However, pleased to say that my patience was rewarded with a nice close all round finish.

36801C89-6A37-4845-96FB-62F932BAD18C.jpeg

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220601.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #426
    Gillette Injector
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Lustray Spice After Shave

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #426 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Injector Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

19. GAW9576

Although it isn't slippery it does not have the best grip and is a bit on the thin side. However the length is nice for detailing the back of my neck. Also I needed one to complete the Schick alphabet. I have at least one of every letter A through O with my O being a clone. I'm not going to try for one of every variation. I think you would have to be a millionaire to accomplish that collection.

20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

I have the Schick N3 which has a chunkier Handle.
    Scheduled for my next Shave.

7F664F3B-8922-4FA0-9671-8EDCAA88530D.jpeg