Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 2nd June
    General Aluminium - Schick Proline P #1 - Alpha T400 - Wickham Club Cola - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #426
    Personna Injector Razor
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice After Shave

The Proraso Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #426 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Personna Injector Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

That looks great. The grip looks kinda rubbery. Is that right, or is it hard plastic with a texture to it?
    I've thought about putting a wrap on several of my thinner razor handles.

Ron R and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220603.JPG
    Friday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #426
    Parker Adjustable Injector
    Personna Injector
    CWR

The Proraso Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #426 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Parker Adjustable Injector Razor with a Parker Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Looks a bit rubbery but I think is softish plastic . There is the short handled Tennis Grip L series and has a similar look.

GAW9576, Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 2nd June

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    Arko Stick - grated
    Schick N3
    Schick S/S Twin-Japan ( 8 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Without fail I get a Top Notch finish from this combo.

FE506B98-CF8F-4AE4-8015-D4345A4E2E06.jpeg

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, June 3rd 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> excellent tame mid range, simple clamping design, very affordable if some one is thinking of venturing into AC razor formats, small head parts, I get repeated great shaves with this razor, could be a daily driver for a lot of folks. I like to assemble razor over a wash cloth for easy assembly of small parts. Top cap might have to be manually adjusted before final tightening.
    Blade : Schick Proline P30 (2) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.(forgot to take down blade use packaging from yesterday)
    Soap : Speick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi 24mm timber wolf knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline P30.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

MPF9, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

4th June 2022.

1.jpg

MPF9, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  9. Electrif

Saturday 4th June
    General Brass - Schick Proline P #2 - Jayaruh 289 - Wickham Classic 24 - Irisch Moos AS - Wickham Classic 24 Balm
    [​IMG]

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220604.JPG
    Saturday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #426
    Supply SE V3
    Personna Injector
    CWR

The Proraso Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #426 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE V3 Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

11. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Saturday Morning Luxury Shave

Razor: Blackland Vector
    Blade: Feather Professional AC
    Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
    A/S: Proraso red
    IMG_20220604_084648178.jpg

A Vector arrived in the mail yesterday, and this was my first use of one.

Oh My Flippin Goodness. I'm speechless.

First stroke -- "Did I put a blade in this thing? Is the sharp side facing the back?"
    First pass - 80%-90% of stubble removed.
    Second pass -- almost unnecessary; more of a touchup

12. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

5th June 2022.

2.jpg

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220605.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #426
    Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR

The Proraso Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #426 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, June 5th 2022

Razor : Schick E2 type, Canadian variant, Mfg 1930's 40's, excellent mid range, light touch works the best for stellar shaves, 1OZ weight, I like using this razor because of end results. A person just starting to use a E2 or any E & G type Schick razor might press a little, avoid that and you will have a excellent shave mostly IMO.
    Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (10)- Very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity + predictable.
    Soap : Gillette Pure cream- nice mid range clean scent + excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather(mixed in with left over soap.
    Brush : Yaqi 24mm Mountain lake 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, very nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Fine Fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a coated Personna blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  15. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I definitely like the look of that N but I've never been interested in the L with the tennis racquet grip.

MPF9 likes this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Do not often see the N3 up for sale and then the asking price around £35 + shipping for UK.

GAW9576 likes this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Further to my last. One in Bay and it is BIN.

GAW9576 likes this.
  18. Electrif

Monday 6th June
    General Steel - Schick Proline P #3 - Yaqi Robin - Wickham Cashmere - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Ingram Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #313 Badger
    Rolls Traveler
    1953 Rolls Blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Ingram Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #313 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Rolls Traveler Razor with a 1953 Rolls Blade Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ever-Ready 1924 WW II Service Set
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Beau Brummel #460 Boar (restored) Brush
    Arko Shave Stick
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Old Spice Shulton w/M-Bomb After Shave

20220606_122820.jpg