Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 27th July

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Occams Oren 3dot
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 5 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion
    Managing somehow to be missing Shave reports , so got in early with this one.
    The Oren bears little resemblance to what people think of as a Razor. However, it actually does deliver rather excellent quality Shaves.

B3655819-4A3E-4CFD-A6A6-E14C5022CE8F.jpeg

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  2. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Wednesday 07.27.22
    Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
    Razor: ATT Aluminum SE1 Bamboo Handle
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: Elite Razor 24mm Manchurian White Fan
    Soap: Fine Classic Italian Citrus hard shave soap

3. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Thursday 07.28.22
    Razor: Stando Single Edge “Rod”
    Brush: Vtg. Ever-Ready 200 24mm Manchurian gel tip badger
    Soap: ‌Ethos Grooming Essentials Greenfresh Premium Shave Soap
    Post: Ethos Grooming Essentials Greenfresh Skin Food Splash

4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

28th July 2022.

j10.jpg

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 28th July

RR 400.SE Plissoft noir
    L’Occitane Cade soap
    Yaqi Raster V1
    Feather Proguard ( 4 )
    Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion
    A much nicer Shave than the last one with this Razor. Would seem that this combo is happier dealing with a days growth instead of two. I do have to say the the overall finish was good rather than excellent. I have not really decided on what blade is best for me in The Raster.

83895A0F-B2F9-4F9F-8680-DBE592690436.jpeg

6. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 28th July
    Ever Ready 1912 [​IMG] - GEM Stainless Coated #5 - OSP Sandalwood - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 29th July

The Grosvenor- 404mixed
    Vitos Super Red
    Yaq Raster V2
    Feather Proguard ( 5 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Used the Raster V2 today, after using the V1 yesterday. Though the Shave was pleasant enough I was disappointed that it did not work as well as The V1 around the upper/ lower lip. I did like using the heavier handle.

5B4D5379-90B3-4682-AC2C-705975C768C4.jpeg

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, July 29th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021, tame mid range, interesting head design, small head parts, chrome head fits blade accurately, I consistently get remarkable results and easy roaming the face.
    Blade : Schick proline p30, 50mm(4)- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Ach Brito Lavada cream - nice pleasant upbeat mild minty lavender scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Viper 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hair tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE with a Schick proline 30 blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

9. palmolive fox

30th July 2022.

1.jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 30th July

Alpha G4 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 8 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

My usual choice for a day out- Claymore Evolution. Nice to know in advance one is going to have a hassle free Shave, with a decent long lasting finish.

6D9A2E0D-E7E1-472D-BEA3-E2D6F8585328.jpeg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  11. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Saturday 07.30.22
    Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3 Reg
    Brush: RazoRock 400 Aluminum Handle 24mm Noir Plissoft
    Soap: ‌RazoRock Santa Maria Firenze Shaving Soap

jimjo1031, MPF9, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  12. Electrif

Saturday 30th July
    Ever Ready Streamline - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - Speick - Yaqi Moka Express - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, MPF9, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  13. palmolive fox

31st July 2022.

2.jpg

14. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Last night's shave.

I love the look of this brass Gem Junior with a red baton handle from a Treet razor. Tonight's shave was excellent. The razors audio feedback is wonderful, especially on a Bakelite baton handle. Cella has always lathered easily and tonight was no exception. The Ruger scope brush hit the bullseye too. Thayers after shave balm was barely needed even though the shave was very close.

IMG_20220731_051052_(1500_x_1500_pixel).jpg

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Pharoah's Dreamsicle
    Jayaruh #30
    Gem Jr. Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pharoah's Dreamsicle AS

The Pharoah's Dreamsicle Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #30 badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Jr. Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pharoah's Dreamsicle AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, July 31st, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2 type- Mfg 1930's -40's, nice mid range, 1 oz weight, easy to roam the face and can give very close shaves. This morning I thought I would try something different and used a modified a new Kai Protouch injector blade and tried it in the E2 and it was the smoothest shave and fastest shave ever with this razor. It was the most carefree shave with a E2 razor that you usually have to give it respect, turned it to a cartridge carefree shave feeling with out any tugging. It tamed the E2 from a tiger to house cat comparison and I enjoyed it(nice change). If a person is on medications for blood thinning this combination could be a answer to avoiding cuts if you like traditional wet shaving. I have used the modified Kai Protouch blade in the Schick adjustable M3 with better results and so it goes there next week.
    Blade : Kai Protouch AC 50mm modified to 40mm approx(1) excellent blade, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. Another alternative Schick injector blade.
    Soap : Razorock American barber- nice barber shop scent with excellent lather qualities. Milder scent than the American barber splash but similar.
    Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 26mm brown whiskers synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : American barber aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a modified Kai protouch AC 50mm blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 31st July

Stirling Syn 26mm
    Officina Artigiana
    ES Claymore V1
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 5 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Today used the Original Claymore fitted with my second Timeless Ti Crown Handle. The addition of the handle seemed to improve the balance of the Razor, and the Shave was not only smooth and comfortable but the finish was excellent.

AFAC2A2E-E68C-4337-A560-5FF616FE097C.jpeg

18. Electrif

Monday 1st August
    GEM Micromatic Clog-pruf - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Signature Soaps Capra Cornium - Alpha T400 - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, GAW9576, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Aug 1st 2022

Razor : Micromatic open comb(MMOC), Mfg 1930-1941, upper mid range, well built, sold hundreds of thousands of these models and built to last. This razor model and the 1912 model also got the company through the dirty thirties and start of WW2 until brass was in big demand for the war effort.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock American barber, milder similar scent than the RR American barber splash + excellent lather qualities.[​IMG]
    Brush : Yaqi Moka 26mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, big pillow like soft tips, nice scrub, great lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock American bar splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my MMOC with a Gem coated blade.

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GAW9576, Electrif and 5 others like this.
  20. palmolive fox

2nd August 2022.

3.jpg