Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 17th August

Cyril Salter. MS ED2band
    Vitos Super Red
    Gem Micromatic
    Gem S/S [ 4 ]
    Mentalado Vigoroso A/S Lotion

A good Shave, but only attained by getting angle right with a light touch and no rush.

IMG_0073.jpeg

GAW9576, Tdmsu, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220818.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    START Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #98
    Schick C3 Repeating Razor
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The START Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #98 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick C3 Repeating Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, Tdmsu, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 19th August
    Gem Junior - Gem Stainless Coated #4 - Wickham Gothic Revival - Yaqi Robin - Brut Original AS - Wickham Gothic Revival Balm
    [​IMG]

4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220819.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    START Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #98
    Schick C3 Repeating Razor
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The START Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #98 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick C3 Repeating Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday August 19th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> great tame mid range, good design for clamping, small head parts, very nimble to use and a joy to use + affordable. Good results mostly 95%> of the time.
    Blade : Feather Professional(1) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Tabac- nice flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Bali 24mm silvertip badger- excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE with a Feather AC pro blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220820.JPG
    Supply Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    START Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #98
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The START Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #98 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor with a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. Electrif

Sunday 21st August
    Ever Ready 1914 - Gem Stainless Coated #5 - Speick - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, Tdmsu, palmolive fox and 6 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220821.jpg
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    START Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #98
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star LC
    Star Wedge
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The START Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #98 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Catcher Razor with a Star Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, August 21 2022, Still testing this modified Kai Protouch guarded blade, very easy going shave with no issues.

Razor : Schick adjustable injector, Model 3(M3)- Mfg 1970-72, well built adjustable with good range, fairly long handle + enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Kai Protouch modified(5) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade. The guarded blade prevents blade from digging in + another alternative blade possibly for 40mm injectors if some one choses .
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood, nice mid range scent as it dries down the Sandalwood sweetness starts its part projecting.
    Brush : Yaqi 24mm mysterious space Silvertip badger- excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(7) + ATG(7) + pickups (9).
    Post shave :Witch hazel soap residual cleanse followed by Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable M3 with a modified Protouch AC blade shortened to fit the Schick size of blades.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 21st August

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    L’Occitane Cade soap
    RR Hawk V3 OCplate
    Feather Proguard ( 4 )
    Myrsol Antesol A/S Lotion

Am beginning to like The Hawk OC a lot more with a guarded blade on board. An excellent Sunday morning outing , especially good at working around the chin. Did not use the Tuff A/S as I decided to use up the last of the Myrsol Antesol, really nice but a shame it is hard to get hold of.

6A1187C4-3F8D-47DE-B732-B9DA2836AC0C.jpeg

GoodShave, GAW9576, Tdmsu and 7 others like this.
  11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Monday 08.22.22
    Razor: ATT Aluminum SE1 Bamboo Handle
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: Butterscotch Opal 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
    Soap: Blue Devil Sandalwood Shaving Soap

MPF9, GAW9576, Tdmsu and 6 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220822.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap
    Semogue Owners Club
    Gillette Short Comb NEW
    Treet Carbon Steel
    CWR
    Osage Rub

MPF9, MoAllen, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Monday, August 22 2022

Razor : Star bar #4model lather catcher, Mfg 1919-20, mild >tame mid range, well built and very pleasing to the eye, shaves excellent and one of my favorites to use. Might be one of the last lather catchers models built by the Kampfe Brothers of Brooklyn NY(first Mfg of the safety razors in the world)?
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, nice mild scent with some of the best lather qualities in a soap.
    Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre- shave: (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

MoAllen, GAW9576, Tdmsu and 7 others like this.
  14. Electrif

Tuesday 23rd August
    Ever Ready 1914 - Gem Stainless Coated #6 - De Vergulde Hand - Zenith 506 - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    That was nice!

MPF9, MoAllen, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tuesday, August 23rd 2022

Razor : Gem Heavy Flat top(AKA = G Bar) Mfg 1955-58, excellent mild>tame mid range, excellent design, eye candy to lots of folks and just a joy to use. Gem had some nice models of razors to compete with other big name brands. 1st Gem owned!
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable. Safe & easy handling blade.
    Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, mild unique scent with excellent lather qualities, Aftershave has a nicer lasting fragrance IMO.
    Brush : Yaqi Viper 24mm boar bristle[​IMG], excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, very nice scrub + excellent painter. Nice change for different face feel while lathering.
    Post shave : With hazel cleanse & Razorock Irish Countryside + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 24th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Occams Oren 3dot
    Kai Pink [ 6 ]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S

A bit of a housekeeping Shave, as having ricked my back it is painful standing/ moving about so minimum time spent on Shave.

IMG_659.jpeg

17. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thursday 08.25.22
    RAZOR: Alpha Claymore Evolution
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Erskine Simulated Ivory 20mm 2-Band Badger
    LATHER: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood Shaving Cream

MoAllen, palmolive fox, brit and 5 others like this.
  18. Electrif

Thursday 25th August
    Ever Ready 1914 - Gem Stainless Coated #7 - Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood - Jayaruh 289 - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

MoAllen, palmolive fox, brit and 5 others like this.
  19. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Thanks

palmolive fox likes this.
  20. Electrif

Saturday 27th August
    Canadian Schick E3 - Canadian Schick SS #3 - Signature Soaps Capra Cornium - Yaqi Moka Express - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]