Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220827.JPG
    Supply Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shave Soap
    Semogue Owners Club
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Arko Shave Soap lathered well with Semogue Owners Club boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector injector razor with a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I decided to do one more shave with the Hawk open comb. Blade is getting dull after 6 shaves and nicked me at corner of my mouth but, it stopped leaking on it's own. I had to work a bit harder to get the neck area below the jawline so, I got some feedback from the alum bar. I am binning this blade at 6 shaves. I will finish the month with another adjustable I have. I don't use this adjustable much because I like short handle and it is a long one. Heavy razor too. Vikings Blade "The Emperor". I can finish a Feather "Hi Stainless" blade at the same time. Blade now has 2 shaves on it.

But for today, it's the Hawk v3 open comb. It delivered a nice shave but, the blade is getting dull.

Razor - Hawk v3 open comb
    Blade - Feather Professional (6th shave & binned)
    Pre-shave - TOBS Herbal Gel
    Soap - Santa Maria Del Fiore "Firenze" Sapone da Barba
    Brush - Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Post shave - Thayers Toner with Witch Hazel & Aloe
    AS - Pinaud Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum"

This soap has an odd smell to my nose. Almost a chemical smell. Lathers easy enuff and is slick enuff but, the smell is different to my nose. I didn't have to add any more water after I shook out the brush. I did have to whisk at it a bit longer too. I did tend to fling the lather around the bathroom while applying. LOL Pleasant 2-pass shave WTG & ATG with cleanup on my neck/jawline so, alum gave me a report that I did too many passes on neck! One weeper that stopped on it's own. I could feel it when it bit me! Corner of my mouth. Still not a bad shave. I have the open comb dialed in!

DSCN9459.JPG

3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 27th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
    Officina Artigiana
    Occams Enoch
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 7 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Somehow managed to miss The Enoch from recent rotations, which was a silly thing to do as The Razor is very good.
    A very smooth and comfortable Shave, with a quality finish suitable for a Weekend away. Have the Claymore Evolution packed for Shaves away.

A124D58D-2C45-4258-A1E2-696DC098F1BF.jpeg

brit, MoAllen, palmolive fox and 7 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220828.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shave Soap
    Semogue Owners Club
    Superior Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Arko Shave Soap lathered well with Semogue Owners Club boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Superior Lather Catcher and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, MoAllen, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, Aug28th 2022, Shave #1 with a Twin blade in normal seated position in a Gem Micromatic Flying wing. I have used normal Schick injector blades in these great razors but why not try a Twin2 blade in to experiment with. This razor is the mildest of the 3 different variants of the Micromatics and there is 2 ways to use this blade in this Micromatic normal or reversed and I tried both with very good results. When blade is reversed it bumps up efficentcy and slight increase in aggression because blade & spacer increase gap. It did not feel like a injector razor because of weight and smooth handling ease!

Razor : Gem Micromatic Flying wing(AKA, bullet tip, Guiding eye, MMBT)Mfg 1947-50, nice mild to tame mid range, this was the final model of these 3 different main variants. Heaviest of all the 3 models and a joy to use for mild shaves!
    Blade : Schick Twin2 injector, excellent blade for longevity + Sharp & Smoooth. I have gotten over 30 shaves with 1st blade. They seem pricy now then when I bought them and they have very long life for a blade at least these ones.
    Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice sweet clean scent with excellent lather protection + makes great ubber lather with remnants of previous soap.
    Brush : Yaqi black marble 24 silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem MMBT with a Schick Twin 2 injector blade. One of the most comfortable shaves + different and enjoyable IMO.
    [​IMG]

Schick twin
    [​IMG]

A better view of the Twin 2 blade normally sitting in my MMBT razor and the reversed blade in seated position and now becomes only a single edge.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

brit, MoAllen, palmolive fox and 6 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Very cool idea. I will have to try that myself.

brit, MPF9, Ijustmissedthe50s and 2 others like this.
  7. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I was out of town for 8 days. Here are the 2 shaves I missed posting.

IMG_20220828_165244_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg IMG_20220828_165326_(1198_x_1200_pixel).jpg

brit, MoAllen, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  8. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Monday 08.29.22
    PRE: Grooming Dept Hydrating Gel
    RAZOR: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Spiffo! African Blackwood 24mm HMW SHD Fan
    LATHER: Grooming Dept Amare Kairos + Lamb Tallow Shaving Soap
    POST: Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus After Shave Splash

brit, MoAllen, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  9. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 29th August
    Canadian Schick E3 - Canadian Schick SS #4 - OSP UKWSS Herb Garden - Anbbas Tux - Lea Classic AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220829.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Razorock Black Hawk
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Razorock Black Hawk Razor and a Feather Professional Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Aug 29th 2022- still testing spline shim with great results IMO. Might be used a lot more often in certain ASR razors!

Razor : Micromatic Clog Pruf(17nib SB Peerless model)-Mfg 1945, Excellent mid range, built to last, feels good in hand & made of solid brass + a joy to use.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco, nice unique lightly mentholated fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Cavern lake 24mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX Fresco[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Clog Pruf Peerless model with a coated Gem blade.

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

MPF9, brit, Ijustmissedthe50s and 6 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220830.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Razorock Black Hawk
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Razorock Black Hawk Razor and a Feather Professional Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tuesday, August 30th 2022- Reversed the Schick Twin2 blade for a single edge shave this morning and found it has a little more blade feel and had a very close comfortable shave. Nice blade feel in this configuration for those folks who like blade feel in a razor IMO.
    Handled wonderfully also and felt great in the hand. Very sharp blade when reversed also.
    In the normal position a Twin2 blade would sit in a razor is the most smoothest and comfortable shave in this Gem MMFW razor and is very nice shaving for daily shavers. It does not feel like a Schick injector but a much nicer feel for myself because the blade is still tilted downward because of the middle blade keeper + more heavier razor IMO. Care is needed to seat blade in blade stops, once clamped down it is not going anywhere because of the way a Micromatic clamps blades IMO.

Razor : Gem Micromatic Flying wing(AKA= guiding eye, Bullet tip, MMFW + MMBT) excellent mild> tame mid range, well built and the heaviest of the 3 main model variants. A joy to use!
    Blade : Schick Twin 2 Stainless (2), Excellent blade, Sharp & smoooth with stellar longevity. Excellent for daily shaving! Bought mine years ago when had a good sale, Pricier now when checked last at big auction house.
    Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco with mild menthol- nice mild clean scented + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Bali 24mm Silvertip badger
    Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem MMFW with a Schick Twin 2 blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  14. Electrif

Wednesday 31st August
    Ever Ready NA Featherweight - Gem Stainless Coated #1 - Palmolive Stick - VIG Shaving Purtech - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Ron R, brit, palmolive fox and 6 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220831.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Razorock Black Hawk
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Razorock Black Hawk Razor and a Feather Professional Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Ron R, brit, palmolive fox and 6 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220901.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Tea/Oatmeal Shaving Cream
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Razorock Black Hawk
    Feather Professional
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Proraso Green Tea/Oatmeal Shaving Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Razorock Black Hawk Razor and a Feather Professional Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, Ron R, Electrif and 5 others like this.
  17. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Great picture!

GAW9576 likes this.
  18. Electrif

Very kind :happy088:

GAW9576 likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

friday
    "66"
    chick
    ever-ready
    stirling

[​IMG]

palmolive fox, GAW9576, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 1st September

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
    La Toja stick
    Schick E2- Canada
    NOS Schick S/S - Holland ( 1 )
    La Toja A/S Lotion

The move from using an AC/SE Razor was made so easy with this Schick E2. Unlike my other E2 which is quite aggressive , this is so smooth and comfortable when fitted with this Dutch blade , and the finish quality is superb.

4DF398C4-6382-4433-930A-62EFACE5C703.jpeg