Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

13th September 2022.

boots 3 - Copy.jpg

Tdmsu, Hogie, jimjo1031 and 8 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220913.JPG

Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Gem Flying Wing
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Flying Wing Razor and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, Tdmsu, Hogie and 8 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 13th September

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
    MWF
    Schick I1
    Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 1 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Perhaps moved on to use of Twin blades rather prematurely, but after a less than satisfactory outing on Sunday was a good move. With a super MWF lather the Shave was good and the finish excellent. The Twin Blade was particularly
    good at allowing me to get a BB finish around the Chin..

9EB2C29F-7CCB-4A8C-95B5-FF16EC267AEC.jpeg

4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 14th September
    GEM Micromatic OC - Gem Stainless Coated #1 - Wickham 1912 Apricus - RazoRock Plissoft - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Wickham 1912 Apricus Balm
    [​IMG]

5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220914.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Gem Flying Wing
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Flying Wing Razor and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, Tdmsu, Hogie and 9 others like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 14th September

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Williams Mug soap
    Schick Type F
    Schick S/S Single- Japan ( 5 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Nearly missed using the F Type as I had started to use my Twin Bladed Razors. Not an aggressive Razor but for me has the right amount of blade feel , to assist you in getting a nice close all round finish.

2A22C281-4AA0-47CF-BDF9-25EFA63C2773.jpeg

brit, Tdmsu, palmolive fox and 9 others like this.
  7. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thursday 09.15.22
    RAZOR: RazoRock SS Hawk V3 OC
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Oumo 26mm Lotus Manchuria SHD Badger
    LATHER: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Shaving Soap
    POST: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Aftershave Splash

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220915.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    B-pure Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Gem Flying Wing
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The B-pure Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Flying Wing Razor and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Thursday SEptember 15th 2022

Razor : Gem Junior bar, Mfg 1907-11, upper mild range> tame mid range, this razor was built to last, nice base plate design, this little razor is such a smooth razor with a new blade, very close comfortable shave with excellent results.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) Very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap :Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent + with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Ferrari 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristles, great splay scrubber+ excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220916.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    B-pure Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Gem Flying Wing
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The B-pure Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Flying Wing Razor and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, brit, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
  11. Electrif

Friday 16th September
    General Brass - Schick Proline P #4 - Hampshire Wool Fat #1 - Zenith 506 - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    Just noticed I've created an optical illusion, totally unintentionally.

12. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Lather Catcher Shave. Excellent!

Razor - 1907 Ever Ready "Lather Catcher"
    Blade - GEM Personna SS 8th shave (I may even get at least one more shave from this blade)
    Soap - Sir Har "Classic Barber"
    Pre-shave - Proraso white
    Brush - Simpson "Commodore"
    Post shave - Thayers Facial Toner "Lavender"
    AS - Pinaud Clubman

I just couldn't wait to try this razor and I was rewarded with a most pleasant LOUD shave. Lots of feedback from this razor. It is VERY efficient too! I could have stopped at one pass! I did a 2-pass shave WTG & ATG with no cleanup. I managed to get a small weeper near my adams apple that stopped on it's own. Very pleasant to use this razor so, I will use it again tomorrow if I even need to shave at all! I would say it is a bit aggressive. I used no pressure at all. You can definitely feel the blade. I am not sure if I got the weeper due to the blade getting dull or my being a bit careless. I will give the blade one more shave tomorrow. 8 shaves is pretty good!

I bloomed the soap with HOT water. Cool morning so, the warmed bowl and hot water made for a nice lather. Sir Hare is easy to lather for me. Whisked in the bowl and also a bit on my face. Face lathering is nice and builds the lather even more. I hated to see this shave end! Alum bar gave minimal feedback. The weeper stopped on it's own. No sting from the Afer Shave.

Everybody should try a shave with one of these. VERY nice!

DSCN0044.JPG

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    jimjo1031, brit, MPF9 and 10 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220917.JPG Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    B-pure Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Gem Flying Wing
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, SEptemper 17th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> excellent tame mid range, interesting clamping design, blade is centered reasonably accurate IMO, I get great shaves from this razor 95%> of the time IMO.
    Blade : Feather Pro AC 50mm, Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Yaqi "The Green" nice sweet clean scent with some cedar wood base notes + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Viper 24mm boar brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, great splay scrubber + good lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Yaqi the Green AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my SE Yaqi Excalibur with a Feather pro AC 50mm blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

15. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

18th September 2022.

2.jpg

16. Electrif

Sunday 18th September
    General Brass - Schick Proline P #5 - Hampshire Wool Fat #2 - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220918.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    B-pure Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The B-pure Shave Soap lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, Sunday SEptember 18th 2022

Razor
    : Schick injector adjustable M3- Mfg 1970-72, any aggression range, well built, adjustment knob of 9 settings gives good selection, this razor will take any injector blade made which is a nice option for those who like variety of blades.
    I have a Kai Protouch in to see how it performs with the adjustable and it is also ideal for this blade oddity.
    Blade :Kai Protouch guard (5), sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Yaqi "The Green" nice fragrance with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations South Africa artisan to do their line of aftershaves and soaps.
    Brush : Yaqi Dandelion 24mm Cashmere knot synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. (7)WTG + (7)ATG + pickups(9 setting).
    Post shave : Yaqi "The Green" splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector model 3 with a Kai Protouch blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

19. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Super smooth shave today with the Ever-ready Streamline.

IMG_20220918_163535_(899_x_900_pixel).jpg

20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 18th September

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 2 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Had a nice long lasting Shave, before officiating at the last Track & Field event for me this season.Will be nice to have free weekends as I have stopped doing some Winter Indoor meetings. Maybe we can do a few road trips to see friends who live a few hours travel from us.

700046F7-3D46-4B30-9BFE-7A566D8E8153.jpeg