Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220919.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

2. brit

brit in a box

tuesday
    brit valet vc3 short handle
    feather hs-10
    walnut omega 10098
    c & e west indian lime

[​IMG]

MPF9, Jayaruh, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, SEptember 19th 2022

Razor : Gem Pushbutton- Mfg 1958-65, upper mild to tame mid range, excellent shaving razor, it was built when push button transmissions 1950's-60's for cars was the going addition to have in a vehicle in Chryslers, I get excellent shaves with this razor.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Cyril R Salters Indian sandalwood, nice rich mid range of sandalwood scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Mysterious space 24mm silvertip, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber, great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse, Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood(some clove) + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with Gem push button with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

20th September 2022.

3.jpg

MoAllen, Ron R, brit and 5 others like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 20th September
    Claymore Evolution - Schick Proline P #6 - Speick - Jayaruh 289 - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Ron R, brit and 5 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220920.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, MoAllen, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 20th September

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
    Vitos Super Red
    Gem Micromatic
    Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 1 )
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Tried out a Twin Injector Blade in The Micromatic, as previously used it with a single and had good Shaves.Rather awkward getting against blades stops, but quite secure. Managed a Shave without mishap, and the finish on the face was good, but not so good around the neck. Verdict will stick with Gem blades.

635A0ABD-ED5F-40F1-8265-519E7969771B.jpeg

jimjo1031, MoAllen, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220921.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, MPF9, MoAllen and 5 others like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, SEptemper 21st 2022.

Razor : Yaqi Katana SE- Mfg 2019>, takes 1/2 DE blades, mid to upper mid range depending on individual technique, nice razor head with good quality chrome coating. I like to use a steep approach(riding the bar) when using this razor with a short handle.
    Blade : Gillette Astra SP (3) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. I like to toss after 3 uses with a 1/2 blade.
    Soap : Razorock American barber, mid range scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi black marble 24mm silvertip, Excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock American barber AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Katana SE with a Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, MPF9, Electrif and 5 others like this.
  10. palmolive fox

22nd September 2022.

4.jpg

11. Electrif

Thursday 22nd September
    Claymore Evolution - Schick Proline P #7 - Palmolive - Cadman Custom - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220922.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The Old Spice Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRshave, SEptemper, Thursday, 2022

Razor : Gem Micromatic bump-less model, mid > upper mid range, well built to last generations, I get great shaves with this razor with a regular blade and enjoy to experiment with different blades. Today I thought I would try a Schick twin II blade, got a very close shave this morning shave with no issues.
    Blade : Schick injector twin II (3) excellent blade sharp & smoooth with extreme excellent longevity.
    Soap : Razorock American Barber, mid range unique barber shop scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Red Zebra 24mm snow Leopard knot[​IMG], excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC bump-less with a Schick injector twin II blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 22nd September

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Cyril Salter Solid soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 2 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

A late morning Shave as regrettably another Funeral to attend. Chose the Evo because I know I will get a trouble free quality Shave.

E4A17D5B-1546-4ACD-B064-98C9D280E58F.jpeg

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220923.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The Old Spice Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, SEptember 23 2022.

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- excellent tame mid range, interesting clamping system that works, very enjoyable shaving + affordable to most. I receive excellent shaves with this razor.
    Blade : Feather Pro AC 50mm- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Razorock The Dead Sea, nice unique scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Mountain lake 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great painter.
    Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE with a Feather pro AC blade.

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

MPF9, jimjo1031, MoAllen and 5 others like this.
  17. palmolive fox

24th September 2022.

5.jpg

18. Electrif

Saturday 24th September
    General Aluminium - Schick Proline P #8 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220924.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The Old Spice Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

20. palmolive fox

25th September 2022.

6.jpg