Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I arrived in Cambodia three nights ago for my annual summer sojurn (7 weeks). After much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth about which DEs to bring I decided to go in another direction. So it will be two months with just the MMOC with the Baily around for back up. I get along great with the MMOC so I'm quite content with the arrangement. [​IMG]

2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Bird, that’s a great review. Because of you and Jamie, aka @EzraCobb , I’ll have to find one for myself!

:)

3. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great review.
    Is the Floating head like a pivot i.e. does it require pressure to work?

Bird Lives, clint64 and Edison Carter like this.
  4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 16th June

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
    L`Occitane Cade cream
    Gem OCMM
    Schick Proline Type B [ 2]
    Alum Rub/Rinse off
    Maximo Dutti A/S lotion

My second use of this AC blade as opposed to a conventional blade. Really calms down the Razor, and I had an amazingly good Shave.
    This is a " Do Try This at Home" thing:), the blade fits perfectly.

IMG_0411.jpg

Frijolero, clint64, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  5. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard off using an AC blade in an SE razor, but it looks to line up properly.

Do the tabs on the inside of the top cap press forward on the back edge of the blade when the cap is lowered down?

clint64, Boru62 and Edison Carter like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

When inserting blade against the stops the back of the blade rests against the central peg that secures a Gem blade. Tightening the top lid secures the blade well. I have not tried the blade in other MM yet. My two Shaves so far have been very good.

Frijolero, clint64 and Boru62 like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome write up Sir Bird. It is great that there are still razors out there that give this great a feeling on first try.

Nice set up. I could live with the OCMM if that was all I had.

Po' molested razor.
    Nonononononononono. :transport024:No molesting the Po' OCMM.

clint64 and Boru62 like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Wow. That is my thoughts on this razor. This was my first shave with the Auto Strop A1. Very rarely am I just blown away by a razor. This one ranks up there with any lather catcher I have used. Maybe better. The Feather SS SE blade is usually rough. This razor brings out the best in it. I also liked the Stirling Spice soap. Bought a sample to try. All around great shave!!

[​IMG]

And a link to the video across the street.

http://theoriginalsafety2.com/thread/2995/fuzzy-shaves-strop-stirling-spice

9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow....Very inspiring....To get a glowing review from someone with your experience....well there it tis....This is a must have!

Thanks for the "Heads Up" Fuzz-Man!

Edison Carter, Boru62 and clint64 like this.
  10. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Friday night, partied with the personna floating head again!
    -Jamie
    [​IMG]

Linuxguile, clint64, Boru62 and 3 others like this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

First time in a long time I have been this surprised by a razor. Maybe since my first 1910 GJB that Dave sent me. DO NOT pass up a chance to get one of these. @twhite has a B1 also. He will have to let us know how the shave compares!

@twhite do you have any of the original Auto Strop blades?

Well if it ain't broke........

12. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

This morning's shave with the Pal Injectomatic and a freshly loaded Chinese Schick blade ended up smooth, comfortable and totally bbs.

Clayton[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, clint64, Boru62 and 6 others like this.
  13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

The shave between the A1 and A2 are almost indescribable. They are surprisingly efficient yet smooth.

I do have a few of the original old blades. Some unused and some used. I will need to bust out my Warner Jones and tune some up. I can tell you with the original blades, just like old Damaskeene blades. When in top shape they are for a lack of a better discrimination mellower.

Think of how a gem SS Blade is to a CS Blade the first few shaves. The old Valet Blades. (we are talking non stamped version) are like that. They will trail off slower than the CS blades. Keeping in mind to give them a Stropping when finished with the shave.

I think it might be because the old blades are not a 2 or 3 angle grind. So the Old blades may have a steeper angle. That in turn would make them last longer but not get as sharp. Think a pocket knife compared to a straight razor. Only my thoughts mind you.

If anybody has a chance to use old blades. DO IT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Linuxguile, clint64, Boru62 and 2 others like this.
  14. polishaver

polishaver Well-Known Member

I picked up a H1 months ago, cleaned and polished it and forgot about. Took it for a maiden voyage with a po molested proline cut down. Nice and smooth 2 pass DFS, nifty little shaver! Happy Fathers day , men!

Schick H1/Schick P30(1)
    Stirling 24 mm finest
    B&M Hallows '16
    Victoria & Margaret AS toner
    PAA gondolier

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, clint64, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  15. Bird Lives

Whoa! Thats some "Simile" you put on that! Now I'm sure there will be a run on auto strops...they will be commanding new car prices...}8^)) and it sounds like they deserve every penny!!

Linuxguile, clint64 and Boru62 like this.
  16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

MMOC/Gem PTFE (6).[​IMG]

Linuxguile, clint64, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am going to try one soon!!

Your out of the will.... :prrr::prrr:

On second thought..until I find a user grade back up...horrible things. The video was faked....

18. Bird Lives

Got my second shave with the Floating Head today! I'm not touting this razor as the greatest razor on the planet...We know some Holy Grails that are contenders for that. But the modern plastic child of the 70's is certainly veddy veddy likable....I replaced the Pro-line with a rebranded Personna just to see how that would do, and she did very well indeed. I'd say with the EMS she shaved at least aswell as my old flame the I2 does with a Pro-line! This razor reminds me of the Injecto-matic only feels milder, but the results are very similar. This Floating Head has her own charm....and can stand up to any of the lengendary injectors and hold her own...

So she works great with a Bb Personna/Longs Drug blade, and pretty amazing with the Pro-line...I can guess she's unbelievable with a Twin Injector blade. Yo @Linuxguile ....you have any Japanese Twin injector blades comng in? Or do you still have Pro-line B-20's....I'm thinking I might need to stockpile...I'm feeling an injector binge coming on...lol!!

19. Bird Lives

:happy097::happy102::rofl:

I'm afraid the cats outta the bag! But deservedly so.....Those razors haven't gotten the proper recognition...Although they are huge legends...but they should have a bigger presence on the scene...I guess, maybe there just aren't that many around?

20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

[​IMG]
    Fuzzy got me motivated to bust out my Auto Strop A-1.
    Not much to say, but YESSSSSSS! So good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.