Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Nice score maltedmilk. That was a GONGA DEAL! Welcome to the SA Club. :happy096:

maltedmilk and GDCarrington like this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Ahhh man...you had to do it didn't you?! You had to mention Schick Plus Plats.....Now I've got a hankering again.... Everytime I get over it you bring them up again....I remember that was the blade I judged all others by for decades....Its probably because of the memory of those blades that I could never settle for a DE, and had to get another Schick a few years back....Guess I'm going to have to start hanging on E-bay just foe those blades......You know.........SOME of you cats could be referred to 'trouble makers'...you know that right ?.....not mentioning any names....ha,ha...

I'm going to go 'flea market' hunting this weekend for the first time in years...What do you think Tom....have you ever seen the Schick plus plats-injector blades in the wild?

3. Bird Lives

Hey man....pretty nice....wanna sell it?.....huh? Huh? :ahem:

GDCarrington, Boojum1 and maltedmilk like this.
  4. Bird Lives

BTW....todays shave I did first pass with my Damaskeene with a day 4 blade and a second pass with my Schick Hydro-magic and everything was perfectly DFSville....but not willing to leave very cool alone....
    I made a thorough ATG grain clean-up pass with brand new GEM Blue Blade in my Dammy and things
    Quickly shifted into one of those "Best Shaves of Your Life" kind of things.....
    I Take It !

image.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

6. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Yep, sure have. These are the ones I'm using now, got them in a large lot of stuff from an antique store and all fifteen of them where in it. Also showing off my somewhat rare M3 Schick adjustable that was given to me by a co-worker, it belonged to his grandfather, that one of the blades is loaded into.
    [​IMG]

And here's some that I found around three years ago at a flea market along with the cased E type. The Plus Platinums are fabulous blades.
    [​IMG]

And, I can't forget these!
    [​IMG]

7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Here's my new NOS L :bounce015:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sadly, it might be a few weeks before I get to shave with it. I've got a blade in my J1 that'll last until I leave on a string of business trips. It'll be carry-on bags and a cart razor during those trips. But I know it'll be waiting for the maiden voyage when I get back.

8. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I want to find a NOS razor! :angry017:

feeltheburn and GDCarrington like this.
  9. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

There are a decent number of NOS injectors still out there. I was glad to find one with rough packaging since I'd feel bad ripping open a pristine one. This one, I figure is worth more to me as a shaver than it'll ever be worth to a collector. So I'm gonna shave with it and party like it's 1974.

10. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I know this might be the wrong thread but NOS DE or even an SE.

11. Bird Lives

Wait a cotton pickin minute......Goodwill? Where I'm living now has more Goodwills per square inch than anywhere I've lived before....My new house has been partially furnished in the "Classic Early Goodwill" period....ha,ha...

Where, may I ask do I look for shaving stuff in a Goodwill store? I see furniture, electronics, books, toys, clothes...Come on, give me a hint here, Signed, Sleepless and Out of Touch In Seattle.....:happy097:

12. HoosierTrooper

I refer to them as the GW Outlet Store, we have a lot of them and Salvation Army stores around here and I've found tons of shaving stuff at them over the years. Most have an area where they display personal hygiene stuff. A few years ago I found these made in England Wilkinson Sword blades setting right in the middle of a bunch of coffee cups and glasses so you never know where stuff might be!

[​IMG]

Boojum1, BigMark, feeltheburn and 2 others like this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The I1 is quickly becoming a fav in the morning!
    image.jpg

fram773, feeltheburn, dscaver and 3 others like this.
  14. Boojum1

:signs011:

S.O.T.D September 12, 2014

Cold Shower :Animatedfrozensmily:
    NOS Schick I-1 Injector - MAIDEN VOYAGE! :happy036:
    Schick Injector blade
    Simpson Commodore X-3 Best
    Al's Shaving Products - Sapone' da Barba
    Alum Block
    Generic menthol Witch Hazel
    Al's Shaving Products - Al's Private Stock Aftershave Balm

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

Schick I-1 Injector Razor - The first shave was superior to all previous injector shaves. Shaved closer and performed better under my chin than the longer handle Types J, L, and M. Kerry is correct. It's my new favorite injector razor. This one will be tough to put down. :shaver

15. Boojum1

There are at least 3 various types of NOS Schick Injectors available now. The prices are still pretty low.

GDCarrington and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Forgot to stick in my update.... I swapped out my L1 for my G5 as the L1 wasn't aggressive enough. BUT, I do love those Schick injector blades. As someone else posted, using them is like just wiping the whiskers off. :love055:
    (tho, I did somehow manage to nick my cheek.)

17. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

DSCN0065[1] (800x600).jpg

The Ever-Ready 1912 is still the best SE for me, very smooth and irritation free shave this morning. It was a gift from my neighbor.

18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nice neighbor!

19. HoosierTrooper

No kidding!

Boojum1 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

And really, that is not the half of it. When my wife was battling cancer for three years; Lena would come over a couple times a day to check on her and Chuck would keep my lawn mowed so I could spend all my time after work with her. There is a special place in Heaven for these people. Sorry to get off topic.

Dave

maltedmilk, richgem, Boojum1 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.