Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 26th July

Jayaruh No67
    Vitos Super Red
    Occams V2 /No2 plate
    Schick Proline [ 6 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

After yesterdays disaster with an incorrectly loaded blade, I was not sure about Shaving as the long scratch marks were still showing on my right cheek.
    I took a chance and used the Occams which I know is very forgiving , tentatively I worked on the damaged cheek and actually cleaned it up quite nicely without opening up the Scratches. The rest of the Shave was very easy, and I am very pleased with the overall quality of the Shave, and even applied an A/S without any problem. This has convinced me that despite its looks, the Occams for me is a great Razor.

IMG_0594.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Ron R, Frijolero, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  2. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Not too far away. I'm in Northampton.
    Excellent stuff and Stilton's from Leicestershire as well.

Hembree and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

very cool.

Hembree likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap
    The Brush by Tom
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Adjustable
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap face lathered well with The Brush by Tom. I did two passes with the Gillette Techmatic razor with a Techmatic Adjustable razor band and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Ron R, brit, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Enders, (s)chick injector blade w/enders shim, shave 2.

I shortened up the shim to make sure there was no overlap on the blade edge at all. Between that and one technique adjustment the usability did improve still mild as all hell but went from completely sucks to only sucks now. On the technique adjustment if the statement ride the cap ever applied to a razor it is this one. That kept the razor from clogging up with cream. Only problem with that is the only shave angle that cuts so you lose that angle even slightly you lose the cutting edge outright in stock blade exposure length. With that said this razor is mild enough in this configuration it is great razor to learn the contour of your face shaving with. You get enough audible and tactile feedback with almost no chance of cutting yourself when shaving regardless of the type of pass like a WTG, XTG, ATG etc.

The challenge here is not get a good shave but to maintain riding the cap on all the tough spots. This razor if any really needs a pivoting head to make usable for the average face shaver. Other than being a good learning tool in stock configuration it is utterly useless as a daily shaving razor for the face.

For the head maybe not and I can see why some people talk this razor up because the design regardless of exposure is about as simple and easy as it gets to shave a head. One cutting angle that is easy to feel and maintain without a mirror and if you get the exposure right and not too mild then probably a lot more closer and acceptable on the head.

I am going to make another shim to extend the exposure of the blade and see how much that improves the shave before writing this razor off completely when I get around to using it again.

Ron R, PLAla, brit and 5 others like this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Really sounds like you need more exposure. I set mine with very little guard span at all. It is extremely efficient.

And yes it was designed to be used at essentially a fixed angle and no other, which the head gives you -- it's not a DE. Don't fight it. Like the ad says "snuggle right up against your face handle held lightly at an outward angle". Also note the placement of the fingers suggested by the patent which facilitates holding this angle in both up and down strokes.

I'm sure the Enders engineers examined the Schick Repeating Razors and Ever-Ready SE then in production and worked to develop an equally efficient head which doesn't require an awkward grip like the Schiick B and is more forgiving than a 1924 . Personally I think they succeeded beautifully.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ron R, PLAla, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  7. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

E-R 1912 Peerless
    Gem PTFE

IMG_20190726_163033.jpg
    Another great 1912 shave and the aluminium handle on the Peerless doesn't hinder the performance in any way.
    Happy Shaving one and all.

Ron R, PLAla, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick adjustable M 2 with (S)chick blade, shave 4.
    m2_21.jpg

Normally I don't shave twice in one day but that Enders shave in stock configuration was not good at all. To test the harshness theory on the chick blades this shave was the same setting as shave 1 which was half way or 21 clicks on the adjuster dial as pictured. Better shave and less harsh with about the same mildness. Shave wasn't as good as shave 3 but it was improved from the previous shave on this setting. Seems these blades do have a break in period and maybe aren't as sharp as they should be until you remove the excess coating on the blade edge.

Tomorrow I will go back to 3/4 way open which is 32 clicks on the adjuster dial when rounded up and see if the shave improves on that setting for the above reason.

Ron R, PLAla, Boru62 and 7 others like this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Enders Speed-Proline with a fairly mild blade setting, the feel is about like my I2. This is a less aggressive setting than I've been using recently.

No trouble maintaining the effective cutting angle and where the I2 has some difficulty with the stubble on the back of my head the Enders Speed-Proline has an easier time with it. I would say I prefer a more aggressive exposure setting but this was still an excellent shave, at least as close as I get with my Schick G but much smoother. The Enders does have a narrower range of effective angle then stops cutting rather than scrapes but feedback is good and the razor's ergonomics make it easy for me. Maybe not for everyone, sorry to see our friend @BBS struggling to get a decent shave. I hated the Schick M by the way finding it extremely ineffective on my head at any setting, nowhere in the same ballpark as the Enders-Proline or early Schicks.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ron R, Jayaruh, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
  10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

July 27, 2019

Cobra Classic
    Schick Proline P
    Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    MDC Citrus
    Stirling Soap Co. Lemon Chill Aftershave
    Pino Silvestri

[​IMG]

Ron R, Jayaruh, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
  11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 27th July

Cyril Salter/ Maseto ED. 2band
    P & B Spitfire
    Occams V2- medium plate
    Schick Proline [ 7 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

As I do not wish to aggravate the scratches on my cheek I stayed with the Occams. Maybe I am lucky , but this Razor came out of the box fitted with a No2 medium aggressive plate, and it shaves my beard very smoothly and efficiently. I feel no need whatsoever to change plates just for the sake of it, I would only go up as the No2 plate seems mild enough for me.

IMG_0595.jpg

Ron R, Jayaruh, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir .love the spitfire..

jluc likes this.
  13. RFBNEW

RFBNEW Well-Known Member

Colonial General with Kai Original
    First shaving with AC type razor.
    I thought it would resemble shaving with injector. But it felt much different due to wider blade

Smooth, cut,weeper free shaving.
    I decided to purchase more of these type razors.

20190727_210603.jpg

Ron R, Jayaruh, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

July 27th
    Razor: Blackland Vector
    Blade: Feather AC Super (1)
    Brush: PAA Starcraft
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: B&M Leviathan
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: B&M Leviathan

SE Saturday [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Ron R, Jayaruh, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick adjustable M 2 with (S)chick blade, shave 5.

m2_32.jpg

Redo on the shave at 3/4 way open which is rounded up 32 clicks on the adjuster dial as pictured here. Improved shave and not as harsh as shave 2. Confirms at least for me with this and the other shave that this blade has a break in period of 2 shaves. Shave was as good as any of the I2 shaves which is the only other injector I have any familiarity with as of now. I will bounce back to this setting at least 1 or 2 more times before this blade is done.

Ron R, Frijolero, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  16. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Gem Damaskeene
    Pal Super Carbon

IMG_20190727_185304.jpg
    The Dammo rounded off my five day spree of 1912s very nicely. Aided by the marvelous MWF and a new Pal blade. Excellent!
    Happy Shaving one and all.

Montalvani, Ron R, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 27, 2019

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Gillette Platinum Plus
    Razor: PAL Injectomatic
    Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
    Soap: Soap Commander 13A▲
    Post: Witch hazel, Country Club for Men Modern Fougere aftershave

Nifty shave with the Injectomatic. Light, light pressure is the key.

SOTD 7-27-19.jpg

Ron R, Jayaruh, Boru62 and 6 others like this.
  18. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Injectomatics are great razors. They are definitely more agressive than the Schick Injectors of the same era.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

PLAla and Frijolero like this.
  19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I used one way back and didn't like it. My technique was probably to blame. I passed it on but then picked this one up from a forum buddy. It certainly delivers a great shave. The angle is different and it's so light, but regardless it works quite well.

Frijolero likes this.
  20. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

July 28, 2019

Schick Injector I-1
    Schick Proline B
    Grizzly Bay Omega 10098 Boar
    CRSW Barber Shop
    Stirling Soap Co. Barbershop Aftershave
    Brooks Brothers 1818

[​IMG]

Frijolero, Montalvani, Ron R and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.