Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I was born in November of 76 so no memories from 76 but I do remember some cool stuff from 77-78.

brit, Ron R and clint64 like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Just like a straight is a single edge..however not what WE refer to as a SE razor. And both of those are unmentionables across the street.

clint64 and brit like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Don't say that too loud. People will look at you funny.

clint64, BlueShaver and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you ..:)..just playin..haven't seen anyone using both sides of a de at the same time..:D..i do like and respect the traditional meanings for said razors..

clint64 likes this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Oh I veddy much know you do!

clint64 and brit like this.
  6. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no pictures today. Very busy morning. I was worried I wasn't going to get my shave in. Wait, I will always get my shave in. Anyway, here's the shave of my day;
    • Blackland Razors Sabre (L2/L1)
    • Zenith B19
    • VdH Bowl
    • Marvy Mug
    • Fine Lather Bowl
    • Modern Williams
    • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
    • Brut AS
    • Brut Splash On
    • Brut EdT
    • Brut Antiperspirant/Deodorant

I went full Brut today except for my Shave Soap. Of course I went Modern Williams for the slickness and cushion of a well bloomed soap.

jimjo1031, clint64, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 17th Oct
    My first use of a TNNSER 3D, a Razor created from the Original design by a Mr Tom White. As very light I had to pull the Razor a lot to get clearance of my heavy stubble.However in a slightly longer Shave time, the quality of all round finish was the equal of any that I have got with any Razor using a Gem blade. I did have to use Alum for the first time in an age .
    Will try to get photo
    Laptop repaired :)

IMG_0026.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    jimjo1031, Ron R, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD
    Razor : Schick injector J1- MFG 1957-64
    Blade : Schick platinum injector blade (1) old stock
    Soap : Razorock XXX
    Brush : Razorock Plissoft
    Preshave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + dab of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave : Dickenson's witch hazel splash
    Post shave: Nivea balm + Razorock XXX
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated not much for irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]
    October 17-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GatorJoe, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  9. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I currently have a TNNSER 3D winging its way to me from the US. Looking forward to its arrival!

Bird Lives and clint64 like this.
  10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Thursday 17th October

[​IMG]

Vitos Pre shave cream
    Vitos Green Shaving Soap
    Vulfix 'The Mayfair' Pure Badger Brush
    RazoRock ECO Razor with a 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
    Alum
    Thayers Witch Hazel with cucumber
    Macadamia Oil
    Vitos Tobacco AS

My first use of the ECO, and I must say that this is a very efficient razor.I could have stopped with 2 passes but carried on for a third. As a result....the Alum test gave a little more 'tingle' than I am accustomed to. A great BBS finish and I am more than happy with its first outing [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Bird Lives, MPF9 and 8 others like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Supply V2 / 3 dot plate, Schick II twin blade, shave 6
    sv2.jpg

First time using this razor since I acquired it on the secondary market. Figured best way to test the razor was to go to the most aggressive plate and also see if it could use Schick Twin blade. End result was a successful all around BBS finish shave. This is one smooth shaver with this blade and plate, only thing I would say can be an issue with this razor is the weight of the handle which could be an issue depending your hand/wrist strength if you have arthritis that sort of thing.

12. Flintstone65

Flintstone65 Well-Known Member

I put this shave in the OC thread as well, but this exceptional SE needs to be here to. I really like the simplicity of this razor: 1-piece with no moving parts, easy to load a GEM blade in (either without the spine for a mild shave, or with the spine for some delicious blade feel and improved efficiency), easy to clean and very easy to use. 2-passes, no touch-up and I got a very comfortable darn fine shave!

Here are the details:
    Burham OC (pat'd 1909) | GEM SS PTFE (12th shave) | RazoRock 24mm Plissoft | Haslinger's Honig | Krampert's Finest Acadian Spice Bay Rum Aftershave
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, GAW9576, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Just testing my lot of 3 Schick razors that I Recently purchased and they work just as good as the day they were bought and really enjoy the Schick theme series of L type razors they promoted. The yellow one is the"Easy Rider" starring Peter Fonda and side kick Billy(Dennis Hopper)(1969 movie) who were freedom hippies travelling the USA on motorcycles and Billys was the yellow and red trim bike & Fonda's was decked with the American flag on his tank with Fonda's leather jacket USA flag on his back. I remember watching that movie a few times and they some how encapsulated the hippie era times well.

Razor: Schick injector L type "Easy Rider"Movie promotional razor -MFG 1969
    Blade : Schick Platinum (1) old stock
    Soap : Razorock XXX
    Brush: Yaki tuxedo knot 24 mm+
    Preshave : Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap
    Post shave: Witch hazel splash for skin care cleaning
    Post shave : Nivea balm + Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated minor irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]
    Oct 18 2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves

jimjo1031, GatorJoe, GAW9576 and 9 others like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Supply V2 / 3 dot plate, Personna ptfe coat stainless blade, shave 5
    [​IMG]

I have to say this razor really does perform exceptional with this plate as good as yesterday's shave was with a twin blade which was a BBS finish, today's shave was even better. It was not only a BBS finish but almost a glass like BBS finish.

With this plate and blade it is up there with the more aggressive Schick injectors. It is not as aggressive but in the same ball park as the later model I2 hydro magics with longer lever that has writing on it.

Tomorrow I shall see how the 2 dot plate performs.

jimjo1031, GAW9576, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  15. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Can we change the title to:
    "SE's inc. Injectors Party!"

:p

16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 18th Oct
    The Grosvenor-404 mixed
    Vitos Super Red
    TNNSER 3D
    GemS/S [ 2 ]
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

A back to back Shave with The TNNSER , which I find quite harsh during the initial stubble clearance phase of a Shave. Today I managed to use less pressure, and as a result avoided the soreness created by the Shave. The finished Shave quality is very good, and I. was particularly impressed at how
    good it was shaving around the upper lip and chin. Two Shaves in and already I know this performs better than most Vintage SE`s .and beats the Sabre L1 and ATT Se-G out of sight.
    IMG_0190.jpg

jimjo1031, GAW9576, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 19th Oct.

Jayaruh Syn. No67
    Lea Classic Soap
    The TNNSER 3D
    Gem S/S [ 3 ]
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

The test of a good Razor is in my book is whether or not you can get good trouble free consecutive Shaves with one. Today I have completed my 3rd consecutive Shave with The TNNSER, and with a light touch avoided the soreness caused on my maiden outing. Still lot of blade feel during initial clearance passes on the Cheek/Neck, then things smooth out. Contrary to my expectations the Razor is really nice to use on the upper lip/ chin area and
    clears those areas with ease.
    The Finish Quality today [ For Me ] is up there with those I get a Streamline, 1914/24 and MMOC. Amazing that it has not been created by a Commercial enterprise, but by 2 fellow Shavers .

IMG_0192.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    jimjo1031, 120inna55, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Easy Rider has nothing to do with the movie and was never a promotional razor for such. That is pure collector fiction. It was produced between 1971 - 1972 and refers to how easy it glides over the face when shaving. If using a yellow razor and the name Easy Rider since it wasn't a copyright or trademark to infer an association to the movie was strictly a psychological marketing ploy and not an official promotional item for the movie then or afterwards. It is a visual form of taking the hook from popular song, changing up a few notes so as to not have to pay licensing fees to hold a potential buyer's attention for more than a few seconds by creating false associations between the 2.

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-injector-updated-information-addenum-thread.62800/

If there was any promotional connection I would have found it when searching through all the ads for each.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    jimjo1031, Ron R and clint64 like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

October 19, 2019
    OneBlade Core V2
    Gem
    Paladin Vesuvius
    A&E Dirty Ginger
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, 120inna55, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

OCtober 19th- I have been eyeing up my Valet auto strop Canadian C1 model for my SOTD & it can be a little rough for some of us and I decided a month or so ago to correct the gap for today's blades and it works excellent. I brought it in closer, the orginal blade gap was .011 thousands & now adjusted to .007 thousands of a inch and it still shaves very close but much more smoother if you like to know for Valet auto-strop razor owners.
    When they manufactured these iconic razors they used a malleable brass for the open comb and mine are easy to bend them upwards gently with taped needle nose pliers(basically a adjustable razor to owners comfort level and not some average generic gap the factory produced.)

Razor: Valet auto strop Canadian C1,modified blade gap from .011 to .007 thousands of a inch- Mfg 1920's
    Blade :GEM SS PTFE de-spined with corners trimmed to fit their unique propitiatory clamping system(3rd blade use)
    Soap: Tabac
    Brush: Yaki tuxedo knot 24mm+
    Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse followed by some Dickenson's witch hazel
    Post shave: Nivea sensitive balm + Razorock King Louis Lavender
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs+ Alum indicated minor irritation + 1 minor weeper= [​IMG] [​IMG] very good close shave from my C1 Valet auto-strop.
    OCtober 19-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GatorJoe, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.