Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ron. I've always enjoyed your charts + visual representations and seeing them updated as you add new razors.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Friday April 3 2020.

Razor : Oneblade Core version 2 - MFG 2018> excellent razor for a daily driver with a Gem.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (10)
    Soap: Arko - one of my first soaps when I got into traditional shaving, great lather qualities- scent is not optimum for some. [​IMG]
    Brush : Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft synthetic- great brush and as close to a real boar brush as synthetics can get IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS+ no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]just a great shave in my books.

SOTD, Fri April 3 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 3rd April

Omega 11137 boar
    L`Occitane Cade cream
    Occam-Hiram Commander /Plate 3
    Schick Proline [ 6 ]
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I have had some pretty good Shaves over the last few days, but this was the best by a long way. In fact as a Razor in the AC/SE category [ the ones I have used] it is equal to the ATT SE1 my current favourite. Perhaps these modern Razors do not have the style of the Vintage SEs but they do Shave well , I could be tempted to part with some of my favourite Vintage SE.

IMG_0650.jpg

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

They do. Just though.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigD, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 6 others like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Friday Shave
    [​IMG]
    Razor: Wilkinson Pall Mall
    Blade: CVS SC (1)
    Brush: JR75 pure black badger
    Soap: Tabac
    AS: Tabac

After a question if the Pall Mall took SE blades. I checked. They sure enough do. Bit barely.

I left the setting the same as my Wedge Shave a few days ago. First thing I noticed is I really had to lay the blade flat to my face. Once I figured this out. It was smooth sailing. I finished with a DFS+ 3 pass shave.

Next time I try the SE blade I will dial up the exposure some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigD, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 7 others like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Razac, despined Gem stainless ptfe blade, shave 3
    razac.jpg

One of the razors I have to try on loan from @twhite . Razor is fairly mild but really tuggy on hair. No weepers but some serious feedback on the alum block due to the razor pulling more than cutting hair. End result almost a BBS finish but it fell short on the ATG passes.

BigD, jimjo1031, brit and 5 others like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Do you ever try carbon blades? I always am disappointed with the stainless blades. Always seem tuggy on me.

GAW9576 likes this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I have some CVS carbon steel blades but haven't used them lately. I don't have the tugging problem with these blades in other razors.

twhite and GAW9576 like this.
  9. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Wow. Maybe it could use some sort of carrier to be sure the blade can't shift. I really like the look of those razors and have considered picking one up.

10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I would say get one if you can. Try to get the variations that are adjustable.

GAW9576 likes this.
  11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 4th April

Cyril Salter/ MS. Ed2band
    P & B Citra Royale
    Occam -Oren /Plate 3
    Feather Proguard [ 4 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I thought I had a good Shave with the Occams- Hiram but the Un-Razor like looking Oren is even better.I now consider it to be a great Travel Razor,and it is the one I would reach for, if I wanted a Trouble Free Top Notch Shave. It may look quirky but so does the One-Blade and that has its devotees.

IMG_0652.jpg

BigD, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 8 others like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Fri April 4th 2020

Razor : Valet auto-strop C1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's> I modified safety bar gap to blade from .011 to .007 thousands of inch to smooth out the shave. Works well and is a lot smoother a shave.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) modified.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender - great soap with good lather qualities!
    Brush: Razorock Standard Plissoft.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] great shave this morning!

SOTD, Sat April 4th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

BigD, jimjo1031, Aztecmike and 7 others like this.
  13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Saturday's Shave

Eversharp Hydro·Magic
    Personna Injector Blade

[​IMG]

BigD, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

sunday shave
    canadian e2
    modern schick
    bbj omega replica
    MWF
    acqua di gio 20200404_135047_edited.jpg

BigD, Jim99, jimjo1031 and 8 others like this.
  15. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Zingari Man | The Blacksmith
    Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Copper Matrix | AP Shave Co. SynBad 30mm
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74
    Bulgari Man | In Black

[​IMG]

The Blacksmith is an r/Wetshaving exclusive and my first experience with a Zingari Man product. In terms of fragrance, it's inspired by the popular men's fragrance Bulgari Man In Black. I blind bought both The Blacksmith and In Black at the same time since the profile (amber, spices, rum, leather, guaiac wood) would very likely be in my wheelhouse. The Blacksmith arrived several days before In Black, so I spent a few days applying the matching Zingari Sego After Shave Balm as a post-shower moisturizer. I'm really impressed with The Blacksmith's fragrance. The soap and balm smell the same to my nose, and I feel like the soap is lightly scented which seems appropriate for this kind of fragrance. An authentic warm, weathered leather is a prevailing undercurrent, but it never overrides the other notes. A dark, spiced rum with judicious sweetness makes a respectable sustained presence. For you rum-heads, think smoky Brugal Leyenda as opposed to syrupy Captain Morgan Private Stock. Otherwise The Blacksmith allows the booze to burn off, leaving a bed of spicy warm amber in the dry down. And that dry down lasts just a little bit longer than it takes to get dressed. Certainly, a balm is never intended to be a fragrance offering any notable longevity, but it absolutely left me anticipating the Bulgari EdP that influenced it.

Unfortunately, Bulgari Man In Black is a bit of a disappointment. The leather just smells fake. The spiced rum is done well, but I detect a musty iris note that I do not experience in the Zingari The Blacksmith balm or soap. It's almost as if Bulgari is trying to impart musk while being determined to avoid anything animalic. This is purely subjective, of course, and I admit both iris and orris have been a personal point of contention with other fragrances. The bottom line is, while The Blacksmith and In Black share similarities, I find The Blacksmith to be a more pleasant fragrance. In the future, I will probably complement this set with Zoologist's Rhinoceros.

In terms of performance, Zingari Man's Sego tallow base is immediately competitive with the top artisan soaps. Customary preliminary test lathers reveal this base demands relatively large amounts of water. Anything short of this yields a serviceable, dense lather, albeit suboptimal. At this stage, you can almost double the water to experience a truly luxurious, creamy, glistening lather. In practice, Sego is remarkably slick on my skin but it doesn't carry over to slippery gear as can sometimes be problematic for a shower shaver with an all-metal razor. Residual slickness is equally impressive, permitting low-risk revisiting of areas devoid of visible lather. Not surprisingly, the post-shave is very nice as well, making a post product redundant.

I'll probably always prefer splashes---alcohol or otherwise---over balms, but the Sego balm is an extraordinary product. As previously noted, I used this balm for a few days prior to using the soap. The results on non-shave days clearly make my stubble softer, but also make my skin feel the same way it feels when I've just shaved with the Sego soap. For best results, your skin should be fairly damp as you apply a very small amount of balm. I found a single-pump dose was more than adequate to cover my scalp, face, and neck. I assume face-only shavers may need to distribute the excess to their arms and hands which is hardly a negative.

Speaking of negatives, I always have to do this unfortunate part with my inaugural use of an artisan's product. Fortunately, these are minor. The balm pump mechanism is finicky. Initially, I could not get it to prime. In fact, with my first two uses, I had to remove the pump and apply the product directly from the stem. Ultimately, I fiddled with it, disassembled it, and finally got it working correctly. The soap's label seems to have fallen victim to shipment and handling battle wounds as evidenced by scratches, feathered edges, and scuffs. Had the art been a lighter color, it would not have been so photogenic. As it is, the faux texturing in the image obscures these imperfections with some biased photography. (The balm's label is flawless, by the way.) See, I told you they were minor.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my introduction to Zingari Man products both in terms of fragrance execution and performance. I congratulate r/wetshaving for using your platform to introduce this artisan to more wet shavers.

BigD, Jim99, jbr63 and 9 others like this.
  16. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20200404_185400~2_resize_77.jpg
    April 4th, 2020

Schick Type D
    Schick Plus Platinum blade
    Razorock Barber 24 brush
    Razorock Black Bay Shave Soap
    Grand Bay - Bay Rum A/S​

17. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Cool Schick shave & pic Gary..do your Gillettes know about this interloper razor? :D

Droo78, GAW9576 and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

i have to sneak around with it..they are a touchy bunch..;)..thank you Mike.i had a brit eveready and others before i decided to stay on the brit gillette path,i moved them along but kept this one schick set..

Droo78, GAW9576 and Aztecmike like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 5th April

Stirling Syn 26mm
    P & B Spifire
    TNNSER -3D
    Gem S/S [ 3 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

I had a super Shave yesterday with an AC/SE razor, and today moved on to a modern Razor with a Gem Blade. In some ways yesterdays Shave was perhaps too easy, as I know full well that I am going to get a trouble free Shave. Whereas today with a Gem bladed Razor one really has to take care and concentrate, so getting a good close Shave is quite satisfying.

IMG_0653.jpg

20. brit

brit in a box

cool d type shave and pic Mike.looks in great shape..

Aztecmike and GAW9576 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.