Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave- July 5th 2020- I think my Schick Twin ll blade is coming to end of its life in my Stick Schick injector razor with #32 shaves on it. Its getting a little tuggy and it has done its job with honors. Very impressive blade for longevity and comfortable shaves and its life is used up as of today. It still knocked off a CCS,DFS,BBS.

Razor: Stick Schick injector L type theme series- MFG 1973, interesting mild razor to look at and gives a nice shave.
    Blade: Schick Twin ll injector (32)(Japanese) excellent razor blade, great daily blade - good for 1 or 2 day growth to avoid plugging.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- great scent and excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm - great brush for making later and applying, triple milled soaps no problem, good splay
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups'
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] great shave with my Stick Schick and Twin ll blade.

Sunday Schick shave july 5th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Glenn, Gem ptfe stainless steel blade, shave 1
    [​IMG]

I managed to get a gem blade with the spine on it loaded into the razor. With the spine the blade is slightly longer than the Feather so it is not an apples to apples since the blade exposures are different. If the shave is mild level slightly on the aggressive side with a Feather then in this configuration it is super aggressive. A razor I can say shaves similar to this when loaded with a Gem blade is the later model C.V. Heljestrand lather catchers. End result a BBS finish.

Jayaruh, BigD, Electrif and 4 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 6th July

Omega 11126 boar
    P & B Citra Royale
    RazoRock S/S Hawk V3-A plate - HD Handle
    Schick Proline [ 1 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I did a handle swap on the Hawk- A Plate using the shorter HD handle. The change did not seem to affect the performance of the Razor. A nice smooth comfortable Shave, with a good close all round finish. A couple more Shaves are required before establishing that the swap is permanent.

IMG_0857.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 6, 2020

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Razor: RazoRock Hawk
    Brush: JR #60 synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemony Orange

SOTD 7-6-20.jpg

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday July 6th 2020- Daily double with a guest razor with a theme from the Oldest to Newest Gem blade razors. It is amazing how times and products have changed in our Gem A.S.R world. I have a Gem Junior bar from 1907 ish and the new TNNSER 2020 3D printed razor leaving approximately 113 years of technology change and this morning I used the same blade in both razors so maybe that is the only Gem product that is sort of stable from it's minor changes over the last Century. 3D printed razors can change our design of razors but still give similar results regardless because the blade is part of what also makes the shave followed by most important personal hand technique. 1st pass WTG and the TNNSER did a nice job of that, followed up with XTG &ATG with the Gem Jr bar with my kind of shave CCS,DFS,BBS in my sweetspot with no drama.

Razor: Gem Junior Bar lather catcher- MFG 1907-11, great milder mid range razor with great audio feedback.
    Razor: Tom White TNNSER 3D printed- MFG 2019> great upper mid range razor with great audio feedback also.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) Excellent blade,very sharp,good longevity, excellent price & a predictable wear from blade that also gives back its smoothness through it's life cycle.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore - Excellent soap for scent & lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers- very dense brush that whips up lather in a minute, great brush qualities.
    Pre-shave:Shower, brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel for aftershave + Avon "True Gent" balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave in tandem with TNNSER 3D printed & Gem Junior bar with my favorite Gem Personna SS PTFE blade.

GEMonday July 6th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Monday's Shave

AutoStrop B1
    Despined GEM Stainless PTFE (4)
    Jayaruh #314 Cocobolo Wood Badger
    PAA Mentholated Pre-Shave Cube
    D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
    4711 Aftershave

SOTD 07.06.2020.jpg

7. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a great 1 1/2 pass clean up shave with the Gem Micromatic Bullet Tip. Aka Flying Wing with guiding eye today.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Ron R, Jayaruh, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

July 7, 2020
    OneBlade Genesis V2
    Gem PTFE
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Mike’s Lavender
    Fine Lavender Pour Homme

[​IMG]

9. brit

brit in a box

Cool brush Clint..

GAW9576 and clint64 like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Gary.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Treet, gem stainless steel ptfe blade, shave 2
    treet1.jpg treet2.jpg

First and probably last time I'll be using this one. This is by far the most mild SE razor I've ever used. End result a porcupine finish.

12. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Talbot Shaving | Buttery Brook
    Rubberset 200-4 | Omega Boar
    Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20
    Ariana & Evans | The Equestrian
    Orto Parisi | Viride

[​IMG]

13. brit

brit in a box

absolutely stunning Matt.love that brush..:)

clint64, 120inna55 and GAW9576 like this.
  14. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

That's odd. I have one and Although not top of my list I like it just fine. Shame you didn't enjoy yours, they seem a bit hard to come by in good shape. I like the green handle, don't remember seeing that color before.

clint64 and Droo78 like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 7th July

Stirling Syn.26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    RazoRock S/S Hawk V3-OC, and Super Knurl Handle
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink [ 3 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

My second outing with The Hawk V3-OC and a longer handle. Previously providing a rather fierce and uncomfortable Shave, the Shave is now smooth and comfortable, and I have no problems attaining a First Class close all round finish. Now becomes a keeper.

IMG_0858.jpg

16. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Gary.

clint64, brit and GAW9576 like this.
  17. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 7th July
    Pal Injectomatic 'Deluxe'
    Schick Proline B #4

[​IMG]

18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

They may work fine for other parts of the body but they don't work that good on the face at least for me.

clint64 and GAW9576 like this.
  19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 7, 2020

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Private Club platinum chrome
    Razor: Schick G5
    Brush: JR #142 badger
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemony Orange

SOTD 7-7-20.jpg

20. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

I have a Rubberset 200-2 that I'm putting a new knot in that looks identical to yours . Do you know what the difference is between the 200-2 and the 200-4 that you have? 20200706_204128.jpg

Jayaruh, PLAla, clint64 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.