Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sat, July 25th 2020

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade -Mfg 1943 variant, Excellent mid range razor with a comfortable great self standing handle that you do not see very often.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade in all ways. [​IMG]
    Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers,24mm synthetic- Excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
    Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea"- nice scent with great lather qualities.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Junior 1912 Parade.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

BigD, PLAla, jimjo1031 and 11 others like this.
  2. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Mickey Lee Soapworks | Unforgiven
    Rubberset 200-4 | Omega Boar
    Ever-Ready 1924 | Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

BigD, PLAla, jimjo1031 and 12 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

stunning pic Matt.cool brush..

120inna55 and GAW9576 like this.
  4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Rather cruel to show us that, such a fine looking Razor.

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 26th July

RazoRock 400 SE
    MWF
    Occams Oren-No3 plate
    Feather Proguard [ 2 ]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Been away a couple of days and missed a Shave yesterday. Today used what is now my No1 Travel Razor, I seem to be able to use it without any problems in any Shaving environment. I consider myself lucky not to have been put off by its looks, because it delivers extremely smooth and comfortable Shaves, and without problems delivers a nice close all round finish. A great Daily Shaver for those who like me really needs to Shave daily, though I did enjoy mowing down 2 days growth with ease.

IMG_0905.jpg

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Palmolive Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #30 silvertip
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk

The Palmolive Shave Cream face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #30 silvertip brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Gary!

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, July 26th 2020

Razor: Schick adjustable M3 -Mfg 1970-72, I like using this razor to dial in my razor for first use of a new blade.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (1) very sharp blade for the first couple of shaves.
    Soap: Proraso Red Sandal wood- It is not one of my favorites but their Proraso Red sandal wood aftershave makes up for it.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- been using this one for some time and it creates good lather with soft tips.
    Pre- shave: shower + a dollop of Aloe vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 with pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 2 small weepers = [​IMG]Great shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3.

Sunday Schick shave, July 26th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Droo78, Aztecmike, BigD and 10 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Ron,happy sunday..

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary, and you have a great day!

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick G5 Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Frank Shaving Boar Brush
    Reef Point Dragon's Blood Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Rose
    Reef Point Dragon's Blood w/Menthol AS Balm

Untitled.jpg

Droo78, Ron R, Aztecmike and 12 others like this.
  12. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

7/26/20
    [​IMG]SOTD[​IMG]
    Razor: Gem Jr. Bar
    Blade: Vintage Gem Duridium (1)
    Brush: Rubberset 200-2 with 2 Band Bagder knot
    Lather: WSP Formula T Bay Rum
    Astringent: Osma Alum block
    Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn
    Last night I honed up a vintage Gem Duridium blade in anticipation of using it in the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher. I've never honed a razor blade before but it went pretty well. Today I did a complete 3 pass shave with the vintage Gem blade than I did a 4th pass with a modern Gem just for cleanup. Not very much for the cleanup pass to deal with no sure if the remaining stubble was left from technique or blade sharpness. None the less there was very little stubble left to clean up after 3 passes with the vintage Gem blade. Very happy with the final finish. BBS close comfortable squeaky clean shave with zero irritation when applying the Alum block. Love this Gem razor but I think the star of the shave today was the vintage Gem blade. 9.5/10
    20200726_121839.jpg 20200726_040538.jpg

jimjo1031, Droo78, Ron R and 11 others like this.
  13. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an excellent shave today with a Gem 1912. This one seems to be a bit more efficient than my other 1912 razors. Further testing will be required to confirm this. However after pass one I was easily at an SAS shave and after 2 passes and a little touch up I'm nearly BBS. The RazoRock hawk was brought out to shave the beard line on my cheeks.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

jimjo1031, Droo78, Ron R and 11 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #414 silvertip
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Band
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #414 silvertip brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Techmatic razor with a Techmatic Band blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 27th July
    Ever Ready Natural Angle
    Heavy Flat Top
    GEM SSC #2

[​IMG]

16. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

My apologies & thank you;)

GAW9576, brit and MPF9 like this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 27th July

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    Officina Artigiana
    Schick type F
    Schick S/S single -japan [4 ]
    Officina Artigiana A/S Splash

All in all a very nice Shave. The bigger brush coaxed a goodly amount of lather from this rather effective Italian croap.
    Was very difficult to feel the blade on the Type F working , as the Shave was so Smooth. However, it was working well and
    I got a very nice close all round finish, with the skin left nice and sweet smelling. Not big on scents but this one seems to last longer than most of those that I use.

IMG_0911.jpg

18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

July 27, 2020

Colonial General V1
    Feather Pro
    Oku Serrano Two Band
    Shannon's Soap Ltd. Coconut Lime
    St. John's West Indian Lime

[​IMG]

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, July 27th 2020, Good morning all & evening for some. New blade today and thought to give my G bar a little work out today. Performance was stellar today with the new blade. The G bar is a very nice looking razor with comfortable handle and heavy coating of chrome coating and its great to use with a new blade to break in also. Its a milder Gem razor but with a 3 pass shave it with a few touch ups it can give a person a very close shave as most already know.
    Razor: Gem G bar -Mfg 1953-58 it is a milder Gem razor but with a new blade it can be a excellent razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) My favorite blade of all SE blades- why? very sharp and predictable with smoothness later in its life cycle IMO.
    Soap: Proraso red sandal wood, It is one of my favorites of the Proraso line of soaps.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 black whiskers Plissoft- Excellent brush with backbone, very similar to boar brush.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a new Gem blade.

GEMonday july 27th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  20. brit

brit in a box

awesome type F..

GAW9576 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.