Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelC

MelC Member

That is a beautiful razor. Original finish?

brit, 120inna55 and GAW9576 like this.
  2. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. If you're familiar with this model of Ever-Ready/Gem (commonly called 'Streamline'), you'll know they have a very robust chrome plating. I have several of these and they all look like this. Only a couple required a little MAAS polishing. But even then, there's little concern because of the super thick chrome.

jimjo1031, GAW9576, brit and 2 others like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri, July 31st 2020

Razor:
    Star bar #4 model lather catcher (Kampfee brothers NY)- Mfg 1920- Excellent lather catcher, great audio, good daily driver!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, [​IMG]
    Soap: Razorock Lavender - one of my favorites. great scent and lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm- great inexpensive brush that I have been using for almost 4 years, marvelous!
    Preshave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Star bar lather catcher.

SE SOTD,Fri, July 31st 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 31st July
    Wabbit V1
    Personna SSC #2

[​IMG]

5. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great shave, Ron! I looked for that soap when I made my last IB order but no luck. I did however get the King Louis splash. It’s great stuff!

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  6. Ky K

Ky K Well-Known Member

Ever-Ready Shovel Head
    Blue Star carbon
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. brit

brit in a box

new schick l on the way..looking forward..
    s-l1600_edited.jpg

8. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

9. 120inna55

K Shave Worx | The Dude (tallow)
    Ever-Ready 100T | Elite Razor Manchurian
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74
    Avon | Clint

[​IMG]

10. brit

brit in a box

awesome magazine ad Matt..:)

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  11. 120inna55

Ha! Thanks, Gary!

12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 1st Aug.

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    Officina Artigiana
    RazoRock S/S Hawk V3-A plate
    Schick Proline [ 3 ]
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

A bit of a bum start to the day, went shopping early beat the heat, but got wrong bread for a neighbour. Quick cup of coffee then off again. Razor was already selected but decided on a change of soap, still Italian but more smelly than my Vitos Super Red. I am finding that this rather Impulse buy to be a bit of a find. It produces a nicely scented lather which definitely helps a Shave go well, in fact it turned out to be a Super Saturday Shave.

IMG_0918.jpg

13. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

14. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Congrats. That's one of many razors I'd like to pick up.

brit likes this.
  15. GAW9576

You wouldn't happen to be willing to part with one for a reasonable price would you.?

16. GAW9576

Today's shave was a simple 1 pass with light touch up. Just needed a SAS finish.
    The Golden 500 did very well wiyh a nearly DFS result.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  17. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Top-notch shave, Matt! Excellent photo as always.

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Good morning Andrew, I looked into the matter a few weeks ago and they are discontinuing it because it was not that great a seller(email). I was not overly impressed at first (Scent)with it, great lather qualities, but I can tell after a few uses it will out shine some of your other soaps(one of my favorites). Lavender is a manly scent and not sure why it is not a hot seller, there are other great lavender soap scents out there and is must for anyone's den IMO unless your allergic to it. The RR king Louis lavender aftershave is nice but fades quickly like most Lavender AS Scents is my understanding. The RR King Louis is a neat Aftershave because it has a little Menthol and you start to feel it after a minute or so, final notes seem a little woody scent with traces of Lavender IMO.

19. 120inna55

Thank you, sir.

GAW9576 and Droo78 like this.
  20. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

As for the quickly fading scent of the RR King Louis, I concur. It’s nice though while it lasts (or I just become noseblind). The menthol was an enjoyable surprise, and stronger than I expected.

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.