Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Glenn, Despined Gem PTFE SS blade, shave 2
    [​IMG]

This time I adjusted the blade for max exposure like in the picture unlike the other shave. Much more aggressive but very manageable as long as you adhere to what is called a natural angle or also known as ride the cap with this style razor. With the extra exposure I can't really say there was much of difference in the overall closeness of shave as the first one on this blade. BBS finish achieved.

Electrif, BigD, Tanuki and 6 others like this.
  2. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Is that the Blue's soap that reads goats milk from the Netherlands? I love that stuff!

GAW9576 likes this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Waghh!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Jayaruh, BigD, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mine says from New Zealand

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and GAW9576 like this.
  5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Minutes from Midnight Magnificent Mega Mentholated Micromatic Monday via MMOC bumpless variety with a 10th flip Gem SS PTFE.
    Arco with a healthy dose of Sterling Frost Drops whipped up with a Maggard's synthetic knot made for a chilling experience that was finished off with Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegital lotion.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

6. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

3844FFCF-C70D-4125-9021-610D115FF4C2.jpeg
    Shaver: MMOC / Gem PTFE (shave 12 - last used 13jun)
    Lather: Palmolive stick / Ever-Ready Badgerlon / Captain's Choice copper bowl for an excellent hybrid face/bowl lather
    Finisher: alum, Dickinson's witch hazel toner, Gabels Drops of Lime AS

Thumbs up: MMOC, that old blade, Palmolive, Cap'n copper, Gabels
    Questionable: Dickinson's. I love their alcohol free WH, I don't need the roses. It is easy to drown it out with a barbershop AS like Gabels.
    Thumbs down: how Ever-Ready managed to charge a premium price for a badger/nylon knot is a puzzler. This may get a use or two as is, but a re-knot will be a mercy. I do like the unusual (for E-R) Persian jar styled handle.

7. brit

brit in a box

awesome gents..

GAW9576 likes this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 11th August

Cyril Salter /MS. ED2band
    La Toja stick
    ATT SE1 /Windrose handle
    Schick Proline [ 7 ]
    La Toja A/S Lotion

This is one of the Classic Ac/SE Razor that I have kept, having passed on my Mongoose and King Cobra. Provided that the lather is good and I do not rush, I can guarantee that the Shave will be first class.For a long time has been my favourite conventional AC/SE , though the Hawk V3 with its variable plates is a contender for Top Spot.However, the Shave today will take some beating, smooth comfortable with a FSF.

IMG_0949.jpg

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #395 2-band Badger
    Schick G 66
    Schick Proline
    CWR
    Tabac ASB

The Williams Mug Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #395 2-band badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick G 66 injector razor with a Schick Proline blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Thank you. The MMOC is a sweet razor. The blade let me down slightly on its 10th shave which was its last. But the frosty lather, great brush and great razor still made it a pretty darn good shave.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

DSCF0122 - Edited.jpg

Pal InjectoMatic injector razor
    NOS‌ ‌Pal Hollow Ground injector blade
    WCS Flaux Horn Plissoft Synthetic
    Italian Barber Amici Shaving Soap
    Italian Barber Amici After Shaving Splash

DSCF0126 - Edited.jpg

12. brit

brit in a box

cool pal shave and pics Jim..

GAW9576 and Droo78 like this.
  13. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ooops...yeppers....it wasnt next to me so I mixed up the homelands lol. I really enjoy that soap...nice thick lather and post shave feel.

GAW9576, Droo78 and MPF9 like this.
  14. Ijustmissedthe50s

20200811_155129_copy_600x800.jpg 20200811_155147_copy_600x800.jpg
    Todays se shave was a twofer. I had two that I was dying to try. Had wiry 2 day whiskers. Since I couldnt decide which razor got its first shave with me, I decided to split it up.
    First up with the vintage Ever Ready working The Shave Den's Florida Water shave soap was my Burham pat.1909 s se. Instead of taking the spine off the Gem Ted Pella I just nipped the corners off so they would be behind the corner stops. First pass with this setup was a dream! The Burham is, of course, extremely light. But just using the correct angle let this most basic of a blade holder guide it through with efficiency. No Nick's, cuts at all and if I didnt usually do at least a two pass shave I could have easily just stopped there.
    I loaded up the Gem Featherweight with another Gem Ted Pella, relathered with TSD goodness and pass number two was just as fantastic. The low head profile and maneuverability even made easy work of maintaining my pencil thin.
    This is the first time I've ever done a two razor shave. Maiden shave with each. Wonderfully smooth, irritation free shave! I truly enjoyed these two pcs of history.
    Seemed only fitting to top this experience off with the Murray and Lanman.

old-school shaver, BigD, brit and 9 others like this.
  15. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Very cool info on the Burham. I have one I purchased a while back but have yet use it. Your review gives me inspiration to bump it up into rotation. It also came with an original institution sheet I can post a pic of if interested

Ijustmissedthe50s, GAW9576 and Droo78 like this.
  16. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

That PAL looks so pristine!

GAW9576 and Droo78 like this.
  17. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

I recently saw one of those Burhams in a vintage store. I wasn't sure I was seeing the whole razor, passed it by. Now I understand that it really is the definitive minimalist razor.

18. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary

GAW9576 likes this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 12th August

Jayaruh Syn. No67
    Tabac Stick
    Occams V1-No 3 plate
    Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
    Tabac A/S Lotion

Missed the Williams today as trying some sticks out. Visiting Sister in Law today and may stay overnight so want a good shave to last till we get back later tomorrow. Despite its looks the Oren never disappoints, a very smooth and comfortable Shave as the Razor is so easy to wield in every plane. Amazing how good a guarded blade is, one might expect some drag but there is none and it allows one to get as close as possible without causing any problems. A Razor worth trying if you cam get a loan of one , you may be surprised.

IMG_0952.jpg

20. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 12th August
    Ever Ready Streamline
    GEM SSC #5

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.