Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Saturday's Shave
    #OCtober

GEM Micromatic
    GEM S/S PTFE (2)
    Grizzly Bay 'Crimson Tide'
    Central Texas Soaps 'Sandalwood' Shaving Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Central Texas Soaps 'Sandalwood' Aftershave

SOTD 10.31.2020.jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Ron R and 9 others like this.
  2. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Phoenix Shaving | Hotel Cecil
    Ever-Ready 100T | Elite Razor Manchurian
    Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Droo78, ischiapp and 10 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

awesome set up and pic Matt.love the green..:cool:

120inna55 and GAW9576 like this.
  4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

WOW! What a photo! Your photos are always nice. One day I'll get it as good as you, @brit and everyone else on here. Maybe a little more freedom after a few months in order to swap up the scenes. I love all these photos on here. Makes me happy and gets me going for the rest of the day in the morning.

Ron R, 120inna55, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 1st November

Stirling Syn 26mm
    P & B Pall Mall
    Occams -Oren /plate3
    Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

As just about to change rotations decided to go for a No Fuss Laid Back Sunday Shave. The unlikely looking Oren is really one of the most manoeuvrable Razors that I have used, and time after time delivers without mishap a Top Notch finish.

IMG_1152.jpg

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Van Der Hagen Luxury Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shaving Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

This is why it's called a lather catcher.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  7. 120inna55

Thanks, Gary!

I'm just using a homemade light box, shop lights, and poster board background. The camera is my cell phone. Anyone can get photos like this. It's all about lighting.

Droo78, GAW9576, jluc and 2 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Excellent photo and the hotel key tag added the right touch.

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Nov1st, 2020- Nice Sunday ritual to use my Schick injectors.

Razor: Schick E2 injector, Canadian variat- Mfg 1930's-40's excellent mid range razor most should have in their shave den.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (4) great blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely over time.
    Soap: Gillette Pure cream- nice mild sweet fresh scent with good lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
    Post shave:Razorock blue barber with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemmish weeper =[​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick E2 & Personna blade combo.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

10. 120inna55

Thank you. Yes, the key was part of the set. It was a challenge figuring out where to place it in the photo.

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  11. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 2nd November
    GEM Damaskeene
    GEM SSC #7

[​IMG]

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave

[​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Ingram Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #4 High Mtn. Badger
    Wabbit V3
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Osage Rub

Finally, it's Wabbit Season. The Ingram Shave Cream face-lathered well with Jayaruh #4 High Mtn. Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Wabbit V3 razor with a Personna Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday,Nov2nd, 2020

Razor:Gem Featherweight 1st generation-Mfg 1950-52,2nd gen 1952-54, excellent razor and easy to shave with, milder mid range.
    Blade: Gem Personna (5) excellent blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely, good longevity and predictable.
    Soap: Hasslinger Schafmilch- Excellent soap, mild fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers synthetic 26 mm, excellent brush for creating lather, great handle and soft cloud like tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver [​IMG] with Witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st gen with a Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

14. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Ron.love the haslinger..happy monday..:cool:

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  15. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Great shave today with the Shovel head. I'm liking the weight and size of the adjustable handle on loan that @twhite made. The standard length is great for the majority of the shave and the extended length is very helpful for getting the back of my neck.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

16. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Greg,handle looks fantastic..:cool:

GAW9576 likes this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 3rd November

RR Syn.22mm
    Vitos Super Red
    Schick Type F
    Schick S/S single-Japan [ 6 ]
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Though the Type F is not aggressive it is somehow quite efficient, and delivers a very forgiving Shave with a more than decent finish. Both the soap and A/S are on the way out, but I have spares for both as I do like them.

IMG_1154.jpg

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #4 High Mtn. Badger
    Wabbit V3
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Tabac ASB

The Tabac Shave Soap face-lathered well with Jayaruh #4 High Mtn. Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Wabbit V3 razor with a Personna Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary!

brit and GAW9576 like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Tue Nov3rd, 2020

Razor: Gem Flying wing, Guiding eye, MMBT...-Excellent daily driver, milder mid range and the heaviest of all the Micromatics.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) excellent blade, very sharp & smoothes out nicely, good longevity & predictable.
    Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch- excellent soap with mild refreshing scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24mm knot- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my MMBT with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Droo78, brit and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.