Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Type L1 - 3rd variant, (S)chick injector blade and Schick Twin, shave 1
    l80b.jpg l180a.jpg

The third variant l1 razors were produced from 1980 - 1984. You can tell by the logo which is the same as on the Type N razors as seen in the picture below.
    2schick.jpg

I've never used this variant before and the first pass was with a (S)chick injector blade to figure out by feel what it was closest too. This razor as it turns out based upon that first pass is almost if not identical to a Type N1 and not any of the earlier Type L1 variants. Then knowing that much I decided to try one of these vintage Schick Twin teflon coated blades. First off this razor and the Type N razors in my opinion were designed for Twin blades and not single edge injector blades. The shave sucks with single edge blades but is totally different with twin blades, mild but deadly is how they shave. This shave was no different with these vintage twin blades though until I can acertain if the feel and finish is the same as modern Schick II twin blade in an N1 I can't say if these blades are any better or not than the modern Twin blades. I'll know that on the next shave when this blade gets loaded in my N1 for use. That will also confirm if this razor is identical to the N1 or not in the feel and finish test.

BBS finished achieved though it sure as hell didn't feel like it would shave that close that is how smooth these blades are.

Ron R, GAW9576, BigD and 6 others like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD December 1, 2020

Brush: Surrey badger
    Razor: Parker Adjustable Injector
    Blade: Personna
    Lather: Stirling Ozark Mountain

SOTD 12-1-20.jpg

jimjo1031, Ron R, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 1st December

Muhle Silvertip A 21mm
    Monsavon au lait
    Personna Super S/S Injector
    NOS Schick platinum- Holland ( 1 )
    Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Last time out with this Razor was not at all good, the NOS blade seemed to be off. Today I used another NOS blade but this one was of Dutch origin and was a winner. A lovely smooth Shave with an excellent close all round finish.

jimjo1031, Ron R, Droo78 and 6 others like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick N1, Vintage Schick twin blade, shave 2
    [​IMG]

I used this blade in an 80s l1 variant prior now to the n1 to ascertain if they are the same razor in finish. The answer is an astounding no. This shave was smooth but sharp, sharp enough I gave myself a few weepers. This blade is as sharp if not sharp than the modern Japanese Schick II twin blades and in this razor gave an even closer shave than I normally get with modern twin blades. I need to try this blade next in a Schick adjustable. End result BBS finish; level light, tight and hair is out of sight.

jimjo1031, Droo78, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  5. PLAla

Parker Adjustable and PAL Adjustable....

I did a weight comparison. @b1hart wondered about the weight of a PAL Adjustable. I can tell you now it's 50 grams. The Parker Adjustable weighed in at 34 grams.

Little tidbit of info if anyone is thinking about the new Parker injector and wants another point of comparison.

jimjo1031, BigD, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  6. PLAla

SOTD December 2, 2020

Brush: JR #142 badger

SOTD 12-2-20.jpg

jimjo1031, GAW9576, ischiapp and 9 others like this.
  7. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 2nd December
    Triceratops 3D by Roger Quintero
    GEM SSC #4

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, ischiapp, MPF9 and 10 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    B-400 Badger by Tom
    AutoStrop A1
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne

The Williams Mug Soap face-lathered well with B-400 Badger by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A1 razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, MPF9, GAW9576 and 10 others like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD. WED. Dec2nd 2020

Razor: Oneblade core 2nd version- Excellent daily driver, mild razor, I need 3 pass and it just does it's job for great shaves.
    Blade: modified Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) excellent blade with great sharpness and longevity, predictable.
    Soap: Sampler of Germyn TOBS - light scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra handle knot 26 mm syn- New & used for the first time, great lather creator, cloud like soft tips, good gentle scrub that will splay, very happy with another Yaqi in my shave Den.
    Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups. WTG +XTG+ATG + pickups. Oneblade works well with a 3 pass shave.
    Post shave: Witch Hazel + Nivea refreshing Aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Oneblade Core with a modified Gem blade.
    SE SOTD, Dec 2nd 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and Think safe in these times!

jimjo1031, MPF9, GAW9576 and 8 others like this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick adjustable injector, vintage Schick twin blade, shave 3
    schickadjust.jpg

This one was never formally designated and can be identified by the all the plastic handle without any stickering on it. This style was produced in the 1980s with this one produced between 1982 - 1984 since it has a logo stamped on the razor head. Razor was set to it's most aggressive setting. Smooth but sharp is how I would categorize it with some weepers on the ATG pass. End result this one gave an even better result than the N1 which is so far the best razor I've used with this blade with a BBS finish achieved. Next up since I noticed the guards on these adjustables are not always exact at the same setting across different model years is another more common Schick adjustable also known as a M2 which I know was designed for Twin blades.

BigD, GAW9576, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  11. PLAla

SOTD December 3, 2020

Brush: Ever Ready 100T badger

SOTD 12-3-20.jpg

jimjo1031, ischiapp, Ron R and 9 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Shave Cream
    B-400 Badger by @twhite
    AutoStrop A1
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR

The Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Shave Cream face-lathered well with B-400 Badger by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A1 razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Droo78, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 3rd December

Cyril Salter/ MS. ED2band
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Schick I1
    Schick S/S Twin-Japan ( 2 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

This is an excellent little Razor that works very well with a Twin Blade, and is a good choice for those who are not keen on the longer handled Razors. Very pleased with the quality finish attained today.

jimjo1031, Droo78, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thur, Dec3rd 2020

Razor: Star Bar #4 lather catcher(Kampfe brothers Brooklyn Ny)- Mfg- 1920, excellent lather catcher, Excellent daily driver, mid range< , One of the best razors of all my razors vintage & modern. Star brand=Kampfe brothers first safety razor Mfg in USA.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, very sharp with great longevity and predictable & smooths out nicely.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- nice scent and excellent lather qualities when loaded properly.
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm- 1st use. Excellent knot for myself, gentle scrub with heavenly cloud like soft tips. It is a nice brush for a daily shaver like myself IMO.
    Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my 1920 Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
    SE SOTD, Thur, Dec3rd 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

jimjo1031, Droo78, GAW9576 and 8 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Ron,good afternoon..:cool:

GAW9576, Ron R and PLAla like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, have a great day!

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  17. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 4th December
    Triceratops 3D by Roger Quintero
    GEM SSC #5

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, MPF9, GAW9576 and 9 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Shave Cream
    B-400 Badger by Tom
    AutoStrop A1
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR

The Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Shave Cream face-lathered well with B-400 Badger by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A1 razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, MPF9, BigD and 8 others like this.
  19. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Love that model, still continues to elude me.

GAW9576 and Billyfergie like this.
  20. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Aye..The Schick Type E 1 Models are Rare..The Type E 5 is Just about as Rare with the Black Handle..It Does Not Open But has the Same Geometry & Shaving Characteristics of the Type E 1..I Sold Most of My Schick Injectors But Kept this Rare Type E 1..I Am Into Straight Razors these Days..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

GAW9576, BigD, 120inna55 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.