Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DClassic

DClassic Member

FOUND A NEW TYPE OF INJECTOR RAZOR! Pics coming soon!

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

What is it??

3. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Well, admittedly I don't actually find anything in the forum rules against teasers…:signs002:

4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Open comb injector?

5. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Give us a hint...does it use injector blades:happy102:

6. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Well, we're waiting.

7. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Guess it was a lie... No pics :(

8. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

While we are waiting for pics, I have a quick question. Do you guys flip your SE blade over before each shave or do you just leave it in the razor until time to change it out?

9. Slivovitz

Patience on the pics will no doubt be rewarded. After all, people do get called away from the forums to deal with real life from time to time.:)

I take a Gem style SE blade out to rinse it and pat it dry, and don't pay any attention to whether it's getting flipped or not when I put it back in.

10. SharpSpine

I'm trying a few things out that I've read or seen so right now I may be doing what many will think is overkill. Here's my routine currently when finishing my shave:
    1. Take blade out of razor
    2. Pat dry with towel on both sides
    3. Hand strop blade
    4. Place blade in tupperware container to limit amount of airflow around the blade
    For the next shave I pull out the blade from it's container, hand strop again, and then place in razor for use. Sometimes I try to pay attention to the spine to remember which side was up last time. If I can remember, then I'll flip it. If not, then no big deal. I think the airflow restriction is more important, plus I hand strop so the sides should be pretty similar... I hope!

11. tomnat

Why do you worry about air restriction?

12. SharpSpine

http://mantic59.blogspot.com/2011/07/video-how-to-extend-life-of-razor.html

"It seems like the best way to extend the life of a blade is to keep it clean, dry, and away from air. This keeps tiny particles picked up from the skin off the blade and slows oxidation which eventually creates chips along the blade edge."

13. tomnat

hmmmm. that is interesting.

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Take it out, hand strop one side, flip, hand strop other side, put into next razor.
    So, yes, I guess I flip it.

15. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I take every blade out after I'm done, dry it thoroughly then place it in a small plastic container that contains a couple moisture absorbing packets. Overkill? Maybe, but I never use the same razor two days in a row so I take a few extra seconds to clean and dry the blade since it's coming out of the razor anyway.

16. DClassic

DClassic Member

Sorry Guys for being latewith the pic! Don't crucifiy me just yet. I meant to say, I found a razor that you can use an injector blade in. It's The Kriss Kross, made in Stlouis. I had to make sure that it worked OK, and it does. I took the Kriss Kross blade out and put an injector EMS blade in, and it shaved like crazy! P1000797.JPG P1000800.JPG P1000802.JPG P1000803.JPG

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Do you need a back stop to fill the gap caused by using the injector blade, or does it hold the blade in firm without any additional shimming?

18. DClassic

DClassic Member

I really don't think that was a Kriss Kross Blade in it. Someone had the larger size black blade in it . This is the razor that tilts to different angles. When I bought it one blade was inside, and nothing in the blade package. I was doing research on it. I know someone else probably has done the same thing, that is place an injector blade in it. Now it shaved quite mild or shall I say medium, not aggressive at all. I may have misspoke before I had the proof. Sorry my lads! This is one good shaving razor. I have some Twin Injector blades I want to try out if they fit.

19. DClassic

DClassic Member

It holds so far quite well. you press down on the back of the head, the front piece raises up,slide the blade in, then depress or let go of the head piece and it pushes down with pressure holding the blade in place!

20. Slivovitz

Mystery solved, then. I'd heard of these razors, but never would have guessed that you could use an injector blade in them. It's useful to know which of these old proprietary-bladed SE razors might be able to use something else.:happy088:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.