Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 27th May

Muhle Silvertip-A 21mm
    Hampshire Woolfat soap
    Yaqi Excalibur - RR Super Knurl handle
    Schick Proline [ 8 ]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

As only a days growth the Shave was smoother than yesterday, and I am very pleased at the quality of finish. I do like the the way the small head makes it less cumbersome than some other AC/SE Razors, one can also use the blade edges very well to clear very nicely around the nostrils. I shall continue to use it with the Super Knurl handle which I prefer to the stock handle.

IMG_1482.jpg

SlimGem, Jayaruh, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 27th May
    Ever Ready 1912
    GEM Stainless Coated #5

[​IMG]

SlimGem, Jayaruh, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  3. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thursday SOTD

[​IMG]

RazoRock SS Hawk V3 Standard
    Gilletteā€Œ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
    Yaqi 24x55mm High Mountain Silvertip
    Zingari Man The Watchman Sego Shaving Soap
    Zingari Man The Watchman Aftershave Recovery Splash

SlimGem, Jayaruh, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thursday May 27th 2021

Razor: Valet auto-strop C1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, modified gap from .011" to .007" thousands of a inch to smooth the shave out and it did wonders. Interesting time period for safety razors and this one was one of the better ones IMO Valet A.S mfg.
    Blade: modified Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Proraso Red, nice sandal wood with great lather qualities.
    Brush: New Yaqi 26mm 2band badger Moka express, excellent brush, heavenly cloud like soft tips, excellent lather generator, nice scrubber + great painter. Wow very impressed with this brush even with some badger funk smell that will leave after a few more shaves. Lots of luxury feel when scrubbing and painting lather, happy with sale purchase!
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my C1 Valet auto-strop with a modified Gem blade.
    SE SOTD, May 27th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, Jayaruh, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 28th May

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
    MWF
    ES Claymore V1 / Ikon handle
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 2 ]
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

A bit of a contrast today, after 8 Shaves with the light Yaqi Excalibur I moved onto the weighty ES Claymore. One is able to utilise that weight in initial clearance provided no undue pressure is used. With this Kai blade on board final clearance can be made with a light touch in the most incident prone areas without any fear of mishap. This guarded blade really works for me and my quite harsh growth, and despite my cache of AC blades could be tempted to buy some more of these.
    The quality of finish attained today is very pleasing, and thoughts of passing the Claymore on have disappeared.

IMG_1484.jpg

SlimGem, Jayaruh, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sorry no pic today, but just an observation. I still have my Schick Stick in my small rotation and I find myself in disbelief how long of a life these blades have. It use to be the razor I grabbed when I felt lackadaisical or pressed for time, but now I reach for it when I want a nice easy shave. I honestly have no clue when I installed the blade last and it's still going strong.

:eatdrink013:

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on the Kai Protouch blade, I use that blade in my Kai style shavette and it makes the shave more enjoyable.

clint64, MPF9 and GAW9576 like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri, May28th, 2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur 1st gen- Mfg 2021, great <mid range, easy to maneuver around the face, easy daily driver for myself. Good entry point razor into SE 50mm blade razor realm IMO.
    Blade: Chinese knock off of the Kai pink blade, bare edge(2)- sharp & smooth + longevity? Great naked edge blades that came with my shavette, packaging is misleading. I will just call them blues(naked edge or unguarded).Very sharp in a shavette for this fellow.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band badger- excellent lather generator, soft tips, great scrubber, great lather painter. Very nice change up brush from the synthetics that I also enjoy very much. Spoiled brush shaver.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 1st gen 50mm with a Chinese blue naked blade.
    SE SOTD, Fri, May28th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, Jayaruh, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Curious what the general thoughts and feelings are on these blades... I've never tried them and really don't want to waste money buying a bunch of them if the general consensus is they are no good. We all know blades are YMMV, but a general consensus gives a good idea.
    Screenshot_20210528-111520aa.jpg

SlimGem, Jayaruh, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  10. IAmTheJody

Well unfortunately, no one replied and someone else purchased the blades on a BIN eBay listing... 22 sealed NOS 7-blades magazines for $24.19 shipped. That's 154 blades.

clint64 likes this.
  11. Electrif

Saturday 29th May
    Ever Ready 1914
    GEM Stainless Coated #6

[​IMG]

SlimGem, Jayaruh, Ron R and 9 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 29, 2021
    Focus R48 Evo
    Feather
    Doug Korn with Druida Manchurian
    LEA
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

SlimGem, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  13. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Ariana & Evans | London Gin Club
    Ariana & Evans Retro Shaving Brush | Synthetic 24 mm
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74
    Penhaligon's | Juniper Sling

[​IMG]

SlimGem, brit, GAW9576 and 8 others like this.
  14. IAmTheJody

Sweet unicorn!!

brit, GAW9576, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 30th May

Cyril Salter. MS - ED2band
    P & B Spitfire
    ES Claymore V1-Bulldog handle
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 3 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Though I had Two days growth this Razor/Blade combo used with short deliberate strokes cleared it with ease. Final eradication of growth was done with a light touch made possible by this blade. The finish today rivals that of any AC/SE Razor that I use, the Kai blade turns this Razor into a thoroughbred .

IMG_1496.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  16. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thanks! It's a great shaver, too.

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 30, 2021
    Focus R48 Evo
    Feather
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    A&E Bad Habits
    Shave Soap & Aftershave
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EdT

[​IMG]

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, May30th 2021

Razor: Schick E2 injector Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's-40's, excellent mid range, very light to handle, great results usually.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (1) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out over time, predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, interesting scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band badger barber pole, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash the whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave [​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna blade.
    Sunday Schick shave, May 30th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Vintage Life Licorice Shave Soap
    Olivewood Silvertip
    Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    PSC Caffeinated After Shave

The Vintage Life Licorice Shave Soap lathered well with the Olivewood Silvertip Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with PSC Caffeinated After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

20. Electrif

Monday 31st May
    Ornate Handle Triceratops 3D
    GEM Stainless Coated #7

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.