Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1030533.JPG

Hi i recently bought this set (only £2.59) just wondering what are my blade options? and what blades if any I should avoid. I live in the UK so probably dont have too much choice :)

HoosierTrooper likes this.
  2. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Can't really help you with the best place to buy blades in the UK, but this offer on amazon.co.uk shows that they're at least available there. £10.36 shipped is way too much to pay for them, but the Schick brand are very good. It's possible that you may also find Personna blades over there; they're sold under various brand names in the US, but if you find injector blades that were made in America, chances are they are Personnas. The magazines tend to be flimsy part-plastic ones that can come apart on you if you aren't careful, but the blades are fine. Just be sure you're getting coated stainless ones, which you probably would be.

The only kind to stay away from might be Feather ones like these. Not because there's anything wrong with them, but because they are extra long ones made for disposable blade straights. Some people do use them in regular injectors by trimming them down to the right length, but you might not want to do that right at the outset.

By the way, that was a very good deal on that injector themed grooming kit. Congratulations on that.:happy088:

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Yes I did see them there (thanks for taking time to look and reply) are they ok? I also saw the price on amazon!!!! big difference

5. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

What a beautiful set!

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Here is a company in the states that sells rebranded Personna injector blades for laboratory micro-slicers, for biopsy testing...They have very good prices...If you research it, you will probably find a branch in the UK for supplying laboatories...Their US web-site:http://www.emsdiasum.com/
    They have inter-national distribution...Good luck...

7. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Yep, Tom is right, it is beautiful and you are going to love shaving with it. One of these should be in every rotation of razors for the truly addicted.. Doug

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The blades or the vendor?
    I'd recommend the vendor.
    No idea on the blades. I didn't like the injector I tried, and can't recall which blades I tried.

9. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

If you're going to like an injector at all, I don't think you'll have problems with Personna blades under any label. The only issue is the quality of the magazine that holds them. You may have to twist it slightly (and gently) to align it for loading, and it's advisable to make sure that you're holding on to both the plastic and metal parts of the magazine when you pull it out of the razor, otherwise you may find that it comes apart in your hand.

And if JoAnna vouches for the seller, then you're all set.

If you can find the Schick blades, then for comparison, this would be a pretty good deal on them in the USA, so look for something in that price range. I don't know that the blades themselves are much better than the Personnas, but maybe a little, and the all metal magazine is certainly better.

10. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Thanks again for all the replies. I will order the persona. I had a dam good shave last night with the injector (schick blades) very smooth no cut or anything.:)

11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

This is from "The Haul: August 22nd - August 28th, 2011."
    I have shaved with this for a week and it handles much like the Schick type L. I have enjoyed this razor. It was made in the late 1960s to early 1970s and is still as sleek and futuristic today as it was then.

Jaymo likes this.
  12. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

I have the adjustable version of your Pal. I like it, but I want to love it. So far, it either won't shave, or it gives me razor burn. I think I'm not used to it and don't know how it likes to be held.
    Either that, or it's just that the Personna injector blades are rough for the first shave. I have had that experience
    with their DE blades. I'll try it again tonight and see.
    I have some vintage Schick carbon steel blades. I love those blades, they shave great. I just don't have enough of them.
    My G injector gives me great shaves, but my E type burns me.
    I refuse to give up on injectors. I like them a lot and need to get some more.

13. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

That doesn't look like a SE Bob!

battle.munky likes this.
  14. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Uhhhmmm, I was....testing you? :biggrin:

Yeup clearly not the haul thread....I open up a bunch of tabs all at once and then work my way through them and I quite obviously landed in the wrong one.

I'm going to try and move it.

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have a PAL adjustable as well and it shaves about as well as this one. PAL adjustables, though beautiful, seem to be very hit or miss on the blade calibration side. Sadly, it leaves one with having to go through a few to find a really good one. I still prefer the Schick adjustable and then the Gillette injector over the PALS/Personnas.

Jaymo likes this.
  16. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Well, I palm stropped the blade in the Pal adjustable injector last night. At least the top edge of the blade. Just wanted to be sure the edge wasn't rolled over or anything.
    Then I shaved with it. My previous shaves with it have all been on the lowest 3 settings.
    Last night, however, I decided to crank that bad boy up to the highest setting and and shave with it like it was my Micromatic or one of my straights. Lighter touch than any of my DEs, carts, or Gem 1912s/Juniors.

SUCCESS!!!!!!!
    It rewarded me with a fan-friggin'-tastic shave and ZERO irritation.
    Color me impressed. I'm a huge fan of this razor now. It's definitely got a permanent spot in my rotation.
    Now, I need to get another lifetime supply of Injector blades.
    I think I'll shave with it every day, just to see how many good shaves I can get out of this blade.

I'd really like to find a good supply of the old, carbon steel Injector blades, like the ones I got at a flea market for fifty cents. Those are some great blades.

Cheating is good, when it's with an injector.
    Now, I need to find some more injector razors to go with the 3 I have.
    Are the Golden 500s good?
    How about the M?

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

UPDATE!! I just picked up a Gillette Injector razor for $8.49 on da 'bay.
    Can't wait for it to arrive, so I can try it.

18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool! And we can't wait to see the pics!!

19. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Lloyd should be happy, I finally ordered some blades for my apple juice injector lol.

20. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

[​IMG]

Nick A and swarden43 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.