Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

For some reason, it's not posting the pics.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

There you go, fixed the image code for you.

Nice looking razor too!

battle.munky and GDCarrington like this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have a Gillette like this. This is the only injector I can head shave with. The blade is guarded very well and is somewhat less aggressive than the Schicks. Excellent razor.

4. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

If it shaves well and doesn't draw blood like the Schick type E, I'm happy.

Dridecker, thanks for fixing that. I was 1 of only 2 people to bid on it. There were a lot more pics of it on the listing, but that's the only one left, since the auction closed. I sniped it.

5. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Ah, the oversized dice razor eBay guy. I think that's where I got my Gillette injector also, and maybe one other injector, not sure. I found the Gillette too mild with a regular blade, but pretty decent with the twin injector blades. Some people like it with the single blades; is there any razor where you don't get a variety of opinions on how aggressive it is? As a footnote to shaving history, it's amusing to see Gillette stepping into the injector market and trying to stick it to their competitor, Schick.:)

6. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Agreed. It was also amusing to see Schick stepping into the DE market. Funny how companies aren't satisfied with making their own invention and making a living. They all see to want to make a killing and absolutely destroy any competition. And we all know how well monopolies work out for consumers.

In a lot of ways, I think the Injector razor is the most ingenious safety razor ever made. I shaved in the shower today with my old G type Schick. It shaves me about as fast as a cartridge, but closer and with a lot fewer ingrown hairs.
    As long as I use no pressure, the G type is, so far, the best injector for me. I would leave it in the shower with my Atra and Feather Popular, for a shower razor, except that I'm concerned about it getting dropped/broken.

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Remember that the injector handle type was used as a case study for the handle type of the Trac II which was under development around that time. Once the patents were expired for every format, then everyone wanted a piece of the action. Chipping away at the other brand's loyalty while boosting up loyalty to your own brand.

Jaymo likes this.
  8. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Well, the injector handle type is a good one to copy. Seems to me, all the current cartridge and disposable razors have a common ancestry, and that is the injector.

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Not only that, Gillette actually used the Trac II name for their twin injector blades, some of them at any rate. I had one five pack of these, used up the blades, but have kept the magazine.

[​IMG]

Jaymo likes this.
  10. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

I've never understood why companies would put from 5 to 7 blades in their injectors. 10 to 20 is a better fit, and a better value. Same goes for DE blades. Selling 5 blades in a pack that will hold 10 makes no sense to me.
    Maybe I just answered my own question. Fewer blades per injector equals having to buy them more often, and thus, more profit.
    BTW, I didn't know that the Injector was used as the model for the Trac II, but now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense.

11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

PAL did put 20 blades in their injector cases. Schick at one time loaded up to I believe 15 in theirs. Fewer blades can be placed in to hold the line on pricing over the years of inflation. Take away a blade but keep the same price when the profits needed to go up. Sigh...

12. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

That's why I'm glad I can still get Personna injector blades in packs of 20. I don't like the idea of having to throw away an injector case after 5 blades. Even so, it's still better than cartridges.

13. newb

newb Resident Newb

Hey guys, I just snagged these 2 injectors, any info you can provide would be appreciated. I'm not too knowledgeable on injectors. But I'm starting to develop an interest in them. Thanks in advance.
    $(KGrHqIOKpME4vNRi6QDBON2o558Jw~~0_3.JPG $(KGrHqUOKiME5eO-FJWLBOdghpWgBQ~~60_3.JPG

Jaymo and battle.munky like this.
  14. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

I almost bid on both of those. I really liked the Golden 500. I'm trying to limit my purchases.

newb likes this.
  15. newb

newb Resident Newb

Thanks for not bidding.:biggrin:

16. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

So, why does my G1 say Schick Injector, and not, Eversharp Schick Injector? Mine has the molded (with seam) alabaster colored handle, instead of the E1 amber bakelite handle.

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I think the name Eversharp was dropped per the information below.

It would appear that the name Schick was such a part of the product, that a change would not have been a wise marketing decision. Eversharp continued to dabble in putting their name on products like the Lady Eversharp Beauty Razor and The Lady Eversharp Band Razor right up to the time they sold their interest in the company, but they never fully re-created the Schick Injector Razor as the "Eversharp Razor".

http://web.archive.org/web/20071127015759/http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

18. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

So, does that make my G1 an early G1 or a late G1?
    I'm really confused.

I'm so glad there are people here who know a lot about the injectors. About all I know about them is that I like them a lot.

BTW, my Gillitte Twinjector arrived today. Guess what I'm shaving with tonight?
    ETA. Shaved with it and like it a lot. It's an injector with perfect manners. I didn't get a perfect BBS, but I did get a very close and comfortable shave with it. It shaves without biting.
    I can see this as my new razor for shaving in the shower at O'Dark-thirty, while half awake.
    It's another permanent addition to my stable.
    Too bad Feather doesn't make injector blades for Injector razors. That, combined with this razor could be the perfect shave.

19. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I am happy....Lets see pics...and when the blades make the scene we need an in depth review...:)

20. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

What blades did you try...I hear the original twin injector blades are great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.