Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I love my FHs as well but I don't think I've ever seen the flexing head actually 'flex' during a shave. It seems to require more pressure than I apply when I shave. Either that or it does happen but so subtle that I don't notice it. :)

Rufus T., Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Great write up there Karl...I could just about feel that shave you had there...Glad you like the Floating Head & it does do what it says on the Tin Doesn't it....Its like the old leaf spring suspension from the older cars & that lorries still use...The are lovely for the contours of the face...Nice those auld twin blades an all...Fantastic..:p
    Billy..:chores016:

Rufus T., Karl G and Darkbulb like this.
  3. Billyfergie

You are meant to put one of those injector blades in it Sir..:happy097:

Rufus T., Darkbulb and Karl G like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Naaaaaah....pretty sure I read that this razor is so good it can shave without a blade :D

In all seriousness I love the looks of it and I think my expectations of how it would shave were greatly inflated prior to the first shave.
    I'll return to it soon though :)

Billyfergie, Rufus T. and Karl G like this.
  5. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Thanks... can you give me any suggestions about how you've been able to load it and make it work?

Karl G, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  6. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

I have tried the Chinese Schick injector and just about everything else :angry032: Any specific directions you can give me about loading it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :happy088:

7. Billyfergie

That's a hard one to comment on because I just do everything that I can to avoid running it across the stops...That said here goes...I am using a Chinese injector blade & magazine...Some keys wont work at all...:p

1.Inject the key as normal
    2.Inject the blade about half way watching the stops
    3.Pull the key back enough to get a finger nail or small object in to push in the blade completely into the razor being careful of the stops

Some pointers...:cool:

You may have to manipulate the head by moving the key slightly as the heads are looser on these injectors....You also may have to push the blade further across until it protrudes out the other side slightly ensuring you miss that far side stop and then push it back again...I hope this helps... ;)

Karl G and Rufus T. like this.
  8. Billyfergie

Geofatboy ran the blade across the stops in a Schick F Type..:)

If you go 7 min & 3o seconds into this Geofatboy video here he is telling you that he couldn't get a shave out of the F Type after loading it..It took him a couple of weeks to figure out that the blade was blunted...He has ran it across the stops because I watched him in the beginning...Now...He is not saying that he ran it across the stops but that's what has happened to him...He is putting it down to a Dud blade the same as I did at first..If it can happen to Geofatboy it can happen to anybody...Probably doesn't want to look like a Fud in public..:happy097:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Hodge, Karl G and Rufus T. like this.
  9. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Is that like an Elmer Fudd ?!!
    images.jpeg

10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Time to delegate a little Authority around here.....
    @Rufus T. and @Karl G It's become glaringly clear that our 'Man On the Street' roving reporter position; formally held by the very astute StingRaysRock; has been vacant for a while....We need for you cats to flex your journalistic prowess and write some "Shave-Offs" and World Series Play Off Shaves etc...
    And @Billyfergie our resident Historian....if you can continue in your own unique style, sharing your historical expertise ...and maybe an educational pictorial on occassion, like "How to Load the Blade in an F type..."or "what a Fudd looks like" or "Just What Are Dogs Danglies" :shocked003:.....mmaybe you can forget that last request...
    @Darkbulb , some pictorials and Centerfolds from your Collection would be out of sight...
    And anything anyone else can think to contribute...there will be weekly prizes...
    3rd place: gets free Menthol at our Party Bar
    2nd place can donate $20 bucks to TSD
    And the weekly Grand Prize Winner can take us all out to Dinner at the resturant in the city of their choice...

Now lets get shaving....

Karl G, feeltheburn, Rufus T. and 2 others like this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yes boss-man! :D

I'll try to snap some 'family' photos next week...but something tells me that when it comes to SE and Injectors my humble collection pales in comparison to some of these guys' ;)

Hodge, Karl G, Rufus T. and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

HA! - that from the guy who also gave us this...
    What some of us injector archeologists search the world over for, the guy with the "humble collection" describes as 'meh' !!? :angry032:

:)

Hodge, Bird Lives and Billyfergie like this.
  13. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    Sure thing Mr Boss - Man...The Dogs Danglies...:p

Billy...:chores016:

Herm2502, Karl G and Rufus T. like this.
  14. Bird Lives

Ahhhh-ha-ha..My Eyes.....My Eyes!!!

There you go ladies and gentleman....You've seen it here, First....at the Injector and SE Party Thead!
    There should be video on your News at 11:00

15. Bird Lives

And I forgot to add....we will be having guest SE artists such as Hoosier Trooper ( who has fogotten more about SEs than I'll ever know).....and hopfully some of our most popular Alumni, drop by for a Cameo or Interview....

Things seem to be....:git:

PS....There is no "Boss Man" here....only SE and Injector Partiers...There is a Bird and a Crack-Star etc...But everyone here is a Star from what I can see...:happy088::happy088:

16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Wait, You mean I might have to do something I like and write about it. Cool. I'm in. Can't wait for the menthol party bar. No doubt Billy is taking us to his favorite restaurant. :happy102:

Darkbulb, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  17. Billyfergie

Sawney Bean the Cannibals' Cave...:p

My favourite restaurant...Just 10 minutes from my own cave...:happy102:

Karl G and Rufus T. like this.
  18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Got that right ChairmanB! - Everybody is a Star! ...just ask Sly,

Ladies and germs, Sly and his Family Stone

Billyfergie likes this.
  19. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Actually, I think you may have found the cave that hides @Darkbulb 's Lost Ark of Shaving Gear!

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  20. Billyfergie

Raiders of the Lost Ark of @Darkbulb Shaving Gear..:p

Billy...:chores016:

Darkbulb, Karl G and Rufus T. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.