Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Nope, the key opens everything up so the blade loads properly. I didn't even know you could get a blade in without it. Regardless you can try putting the blades into another cartridge but be careful of the edges so they don't get buggered in the transfer.

AGHisBBS, Billyfergie and Robyflexx like this.
  2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yes..Transfer a Personna Blade into youre Schick Magazine with the Key & be carful you don't damage it in the process..:)

Billy..:chores016:

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Pics, we want pics... :git:

AGHisBBS, Billyfergie and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

O
    Okay I haven't received it yet and he only posted one...I will find it right now.

AGHisBBS, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  5. Robyflexx

I believe this is it. Any info on how it shave and what I can expect etc would be greatly appreciated. :)
    IMG_20160316_184411.jpg

AGHisBBS, twhite, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Roby, that's a bad razor, but I am willing to step up and take it off your hands:). Welcome to the light side:)

7. Robyflexx

How does it shave? :o

8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Agreed. Kinda circumvents the benefits of a se. But after all of the se blades worldwide have been bought up by some of you on this forum; the rest of us will have to make do with what we have:)

9. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

The spring in the E2 I used was plenty tight to hold the thinner blade. Just noticed some one else that had done it and thought I would give it a try and the results were great. Definitely won't replace an injector blade but it's nice to know there are other options for an injector razor. Don't knock it till you try it lol YMMV though

AGHisBBS, Spyder, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  10. Billyfergie

I wont be doing it..Don't have to try that One to Knock it..:D

11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Roby, put the top of the head flat to your face. Then when you start pulling the razor, tilt up the back of it. You will know when you have the angle right when it sounds like you're buttering toast.

Under the nose is a little tricky at first, but you'll get the hang of it within a shave or two.

I have a few Gems and a Star and I always get great shaves out of them.

You've got a good razor and you're going to love the way it shaves!

AGHisBBS, Spyder, Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  12. whiteboy_cannon

@Recklesstr showed me how in the current SOTD thread. Can be found there

13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Looks like a 1912 which many consider to be mid way on the mild/aggressive scale. This is a good one to experiment with using a shim (Google fergiebilly shim to find a post explaining how to make one. Hats off to @Billyfergie on this.) I have a curved head 1912 from my Grandpa that got me started down these rabbit holes. I like it but it is also sentimental to me. You can get a really nice shave with these - tons of audible feedback. :happy036:

Can't wait to see it cleaned up. :happy088:

AGHisBBS, mrchick, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  14. Robyflexx

:thanks: You guys are the best...always so helpful! :)

15. whiteboy_cannon

Seeing as you have 90% of the world's injector blade stock I understand why you wouldn't need to try it especially when it comes to NOS blades from what I hear

AGHisBBS, mrchick, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:happy097:

17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Roby, the best part with these razors is that they're dirt cheap to buy. It one of the best kept secrets in wet shaving!

18. Billyfergie

How True..:happy102:

AGHisBBS, mrchick, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  19. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

When the apocalypse hits, those with guns, ammo, food, and injector blades will be the ones holding all the cards:)

20. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Mystical (LazyLens 20160316 085146 normal).jpg Second date with the PAL. Dialed it down to about half way, which went much better:). This razor is very quiet, especially compared to my E-4. A light touch and three passes yielded naugahide smooth skin:). Lather and aftershave was Nag Champa by Stirling. One of my favorite scents but SWMBO hates it.

AGHisBBS, Redfisher, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.