Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

I don't get all this Rinsing stuff Folks are Comin out with on the Pass Around...I reckon they are using Crappy Shaving Creams that would Clog Up a Smith & Wesson .45 Barrel..:happy097:

Billy..:chores016:

Bird Lives, Rufus T., Spyder and 2 others like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I hear you. I give it a few swishes under water and all is clean. I wonder if they use a boat load of lather. Maybe too thick. After my pass there is no leftover lather. I kind of think their angle might not be right. I find the comb removes 95% of lather and the main spring just glides over the remaining film.

You really need to try the Feather. I need to find some NOS Blades to compare.

Tom

Herm2502, AGHisBBS, Redfisher and 5 others like this.
  3. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Yup, this one is on it's way to me even as we speak. :happy093:Check out the pricing on the insert.

PAL IM Purple GB.jpg

:love055: :love055: :love055:

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, Redfisher and 8 others like this.
  4. Billyfergie

:happy096:..Doesn't get any more NOS than That..:git:

5. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

You are missed GD, but remembered always.
    I owe any progress in my shaving method to you and your theory of the 30 Day Rule / Focus. (As well as to @Bama Samurai for picking up of the torch.)

I also have a sneaking suspicion I owe you for my CT as well. ;)
    Love your humor as much as your shave technique prowess and philosophy.
    Best of health to you.

Cheers!
    RT

AGHisBBS, Marverel, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  6. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Ditto on the clogging / rinsing aspect, not one bit of trouble that way with my shaves with the Bunny.

Especially with the patented Bunny-rinsing design!

(now my Numpty loading of the blade - thats a whole other story!)

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, Redfisher and 5 others like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yep! NOS on Steroids ! :eatdrink013:

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Karl G and 2 others like this.
  8. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Hello TSD - in preparation for the upcoming Bunny test drive I decided to pause my straight razor focus and switch to the injector for a few days:

1504.JPG

- Jeeves of Hudson Street "Conservatory"
    - Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger
    - Schick G
    - Ted Pella/Personna blade
    - Tüff sensitiv Rasierwasser
    - Clubman Special Reserve

Very fine shave - smooth and pretty much BBS after two passes WTG and ATG. It's really easy to find the correct angle with the Schick. Very manoeuverable, great handling, just a fine razor.
    And I must admit ... as much as I enjoy the occasional use of synthetic brushes my favorites are still the badgers.

You all have a great day :happy088:

Hodge, Jayaruh, barbersurgeon and 6 others like this.
  9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Today was definitely something different. I've had two straight razors of my grandpa's tucked away in a drawer for over 30 years. I finally got them honed and put one to use this morning for my first pass at a straight razor shave. :shocked003: The advice from those who know is to start with just your cheeks until the feel is comfortable. I pushed that slightly and did a first pass above the jawline so I did my lip and chin as well. Yeah, the advice to start slow is good. Some strokes were clean and smooth, others tentative and tuggy. But it did it's job and I was satisfied. :happy088:

The bonus of starting slow with the straight is that it gave me an opportunity to use my black handled early E2 for the rest of the shave. The blade was on it's last legs but at the end of the shave it was razors 1, whiskers 0. No nicks, cuts, or weepers. :happy036:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
    Nielsen's Neverfail 5/8
    Schick Early Type E2
    Modified Feather (4)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

Nielsen:early E2 AOS CF TH TH.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

Hodge, Spyder, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

[​IMG]

Spyder, Jayaruh, Billyfergie and 3 others like this.
  11. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Haven't posted in a while, been traveling for Rugby and busy with school. We went to Wayne Nebraska for a large tournament with 80+ teams in attendance. It was a great time. We made it to the final four in 7s rugby but lost our semi finals match to University of Northern Iowa.
    Now on to some shaving. I've been trying to dial in technique with my GEM Pushbutton, but keep having mediocre shaves. Today's shave I decided to give cold water a shot. And it was awesome (at first) the blade did a fine job slicing the whiskers. But after the second pass, despite being as light handed as I possibly could and keeping the lowest angle possible that still allowed the blade to cut hair, I had 5 weepeers spring up. On the neck, jaw line, chin, even on the cheeks which I have never had an issue with in the past. Will skip tomorrow's shave and come back at it with a vengeance (hopefully).
    [​IMG]

Hodge, Jayaruh, Redfisher and 8 others like this.
  12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Great photo! Glad to see you back CJ, sorry about the bad shave but i don't think the cold water is at fault. Bad blade maybe? Better luck with the next one bud!
    [​IMG]

13. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think it was the water itself. But I doubt the new variable helped lol

Spyder, Billyfergie, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  14. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

April 15, 2016

A month with my Schick Type F

Hot Shower
    Razor: Schick F
    Blade: NOS Schick Ultra Platinum, Holland (2)
    Soap: Proraso Sensitive
    Brush: Rubberset 400-4
    TSD Witch Hazel
    AS: Myrsol Blue

04-14-16.JPG

Same exact setup as yesterday because - yesterday’s shave was superb!

I can honestly say that now because I awoke this morning with a 24-hour growth that looked and felt like a 12-hour growth after a fine shave - very minimal growth on trouble spots (jawline, chin, mouth corners) and almost nothing on the cheeks. Amazing!

Just enough to warrant a workday shave, but only a 1-pass ATG with a baby chase.

Today’s shave looks and feels as good as the one yesterday so we’ll see. I am extremely encouraged not just because of the results of this blade/razor combo, but that it now allows me to approach my chin and mouth corners using ATG with minimal irritation and just a weeper or two. The confidence to approach that area in this way will provide opportunity to develop better technique there.

Cheers!
    RT

AGHisBBS, Spyder, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  15. Billyfergie

Nice Blade..You will be selling all you're SE s Next..:happy102:

16. Mbg75

Mbg75 Well-Known Member

You guys did me in. Seems I'm buying more injectors now.
    eBay pics.

The black ones have some type of release. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Hodge, Spyder and 5 others like this.
  17. Billyfergie

The Hydro with the Rinsing Lever..Check out beginning of this Video..:)

AGHisBBS, Spyder, twhite and 2 others like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

All is a big word. However, the herd could use some thinning at some point. :cool:

19. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Those two black handled razors made an awesome looking pair....if looks could kill....

AGHisBBS, Spyder, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  20. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:thanks: I love the way the straight came up. Thrilled actually. :happy036:

AGHisBBS, Spyder, Billyfergie and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.