Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Karl

These are some smooooooooth shaves aye. Once The Hussy wears out the twins, I think I will let her have a go with the Dutch blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same. Based on how well she pairs with the Personna I am thinking she likes the sharp blades. :)

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Mon. 7/11/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent shave this morning with the PAL Injecto-Matic. Easy slick, rich, protective lather form the Haslinger shave soap. Two and one half passes today for an efficient dolphin smooth finish. Have a wonderful day friends. :)

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 11, 2016

Cold Water.jpg

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Bunny V3 Injector
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Lather: Maggard's Orange Menthol
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Maggard's Orange Menthol, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG

Nice quick and efficient shave in one pass with the Bunny V3 razor. I had very light beard growth after shaving yesterday afternoon. The one pass was just fine for a workday shave.

The Maggard's Orange Menthol soap and after shave provide a medium menthol experience with an interesting scent. It was a nice way to start off a Monday.

I hope everyone has a great start to their week!

SOTD 7-11-16.jpg

5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG] Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Pro Blade New
    Hans Baier Silver Tip
    Haslinger Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had My First Shave with the Cobra Classic Today that Martin Kindly Sent on this TSR Pass Around..I loaded the Cobra with One of My Own Feather Pro Blades..The Magazine that came with it has Only Two Blades Left..;)

I had a BBS SR Shave Yesterday..I Went for the Money Button BBS Dolphin Smooth Shave..I have heard it said that there is No such thing as the perfect shave..Well..Maybe Aye..Maybe Hook Eye..Cause I am sitting here with an All Over Dolphin Smooth BBS Result..I don't mean form North to South & form East to West neither..I mean in every Darn Direction..:D

The Cobra is Heavier than I Expected but Very Well Balanced..The Handle has a Smooth Polished Chrome Finish & I had no problems with it slipping in my hand..A Beautiful Razor Indeed..I Like it a Lot..:)

Now for the Shave..I am an Experienced Injector Man as Folks around here will Know..The Cobra is a Longer Blade Injector Design Head..I think it Adds to the Shaving Experience..Its a Bonus for Sure..Its Not needed but it Sure is a Bit of Luxuary..:cool:

A Blood Letting Monster its Not by any Means..Its a Very Mild Shaver..I would Suggest its Milder than a Later Model Schick Injector..Bearing in Mind I have Shaved with these Later Schick Injectors with a Cut Down Feather Pro Blade & I am Making a Direct Comparison with the Same Blade..Its a Very Forgiving Shaver..Very Smooth..That said..Folks that Cant Handle a Crazy Sharp Pro Blade like this would be in Trouble with the Cobra..A Feather Like Touch is the Order of the Day..:happy088:

This is a Mild Shaver..Folks that are Saying its Aggressive or Rough are Just Not Used to these Pro Blades..They are Not for Everyone for Sure..To Me its a User Friendly Pussy Cat..A Very Efficient One at that..:)

I Like it a Lot..:happy108:

Billy

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    Jim99, Bird Lives, Rufus T. and 10 others like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Great write up Billy, the Cobra sure is purdy! :love055:

Rufus T., BearCWY, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  7. Billyfergie

:thanks:Roby..Yeah..She is a Purdy One for Sure..:rah:

Billy..:chores016:

8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Drat! I love the looks of the Cobra Classic and it's perhaps the only modern production razor I've thought about shelling out money for. Now it turns out the performance matches the looks. My "must have" list was getting pretty thin and now this comes along. First the 1909, now the Cobra Classic. I think you are fine-tuning your stealth enabler skills. :happy102:

Bird Lives, Rufus T., BearCWY and 4 others like this.
  9. Robyflexx

Stealth is one of the Scottish Ninja's strongest skills :D

Rufus T., BearCWY, twhite and 4 others like this.
  10. Billyfergie

:happy097:The Cobra is a Lovely Exotic Shaver..I Must Say..That Extra Length Works Well..Its Very Agile & Manoeuvres Well..Touch of Class..The Longer Head Spreads the Weight Out like a Tracked Vehicle or a Guy on Skies..Its Not Got an Aggressive Injector Bite..Mild but Very Efficient & Comfortable..:)

Doesn't Out Perform an Injector by Any Means but that Extra Length offers Some Qualities of its Own..Its a Whisker Sweeper for Sure..:kar:

Jim99, Rufus T., BearCWY and 5 others like this.
  11. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

Indeed - without the Cobra Classic there would likely be no Mongoose, ATT SE1, or the plethora of razors in various stages of development using the Feather AC blade. Hard to believe that it has been around over 7 years, although always in very limited availability. It was the first modern SE razor.

While I have no inside information, inspiration for the design seems pretty obvious:

[​IMG]

The method in which the razor opens to load the blade is vaguely reminiscent of the way an early Schick E2 opens up. Some feel that this method of holding the blade is not secure, but it seems secure enough to do the job to me.

I'm not sure I would characterize the shave as "mild," but I would definitely agree that the Cobra's reputation as hyper-aggressive is vastly overblown, possibly created by early users unaccustomed to SE shaving. I find it to be very efficient yet smooth. The wider blade definitely cuts down shaving time.

My own Cobra is an early model finished in heavy nickel plate over brass - a new design executed in an old school style. I agree that it is heavy, but it is as perfectly balanced as any razor I own.

I hate trying to pick a favorite razor, but the Cobra Classic definitely makes my short list of razors that I would not part with under any circumstances.

--Bob

Jim99, Rufus T., BearCWY and 6 others like this.
  12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

July 11,2016

July Focus on two non-Schick razors:
    PAL InjectoMatic
    Personna Floating Head

[​IMG]

Razor: PAL InjectoMatic
    Blade: Schick China (1)

Two-day growth, two-pass shave - XTG, ATG

I first shaved with this razor last summer when I obtained it. Had a feeling it might be a keeper.

The shave achieved BBS with only the two passes and minor touch ups. But I did get a couple weepers and the shave seemed rough. My guess is blade angle so I'll be working on that with subsequent shaves.

SUGGESTIONS WANTED
    I noticed that most shavers on this thread prefer the Chick in this razor. Anyone use anything different that they suggest trying?

Cheers!
    RT

13. Robyflexx

images.jpg

14. Billyfergie

Bird Lives, Rufus T., BearCWY and 3 others like this.
  15. Billyfergie

I Didn't Find it Too Mild Bob..I Sure Got a Surprize at How it wasn't that Aggressive either after all the Hype by Some..:angelic007:

Rufus T., ob1page, BearCWY and 2 others like this.
  16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

It appears, the COBRA CLASSIC is taking no prisoners.....I have seen...from time to time...the Cobra will raise it's lovely head...and another slew of shavers are smitten....This razor has captured as many shaver's hearts as a Sophia Loren/Gina Lollobrigida tag team....:happy108:.....And I've heard she shaves damn near as close as a Hussy....But thats a malicious rumour that needs to be addressed in an official Shave-Off, with non bias referees....and maybe some slow-mo replay camera capabilities....

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Karl G, Billyfergie, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  17. Bird Lives

This photo is incredible.....I think all of us at one time or another probably bare a striking resemblance to this cat....ha,ha....Great find, Billy.....:happy088: And if this is....your cat.....which razor does it look at like this the most?

BearCWY, mrchick, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  18. Bird Lives

I'm thinking she like the sharp blades aswell....
    I also know she likes quiet walks on the beach....and getting an all over tan......ahhh, you guys already know this....right? Nothing unusual going on ovah heeyah,.....right?:lam:

BearCWY, mrchick, twhite and 3 others like this.
  19. Bird Lives

Today's kit:
    image.jpg
    I'm digging this 1909 New Ever-Ready, more and more...I'm smitten...
    I'm not saying everyone needs to have one....But this one sure has my number on how I enjoy a shave....

20. Robyflexx

Tue. 7/12/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A very enjoyable shave this morning with the Schick Adj. loaded with a Twin blade. Easy slick, rich, lovely scented lather from the IB Amici shave soap. Three silky smooth passes and I am dolphin smooth and refreshed. Have a great day friends. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.